Fri, 02-01-2013 - 11:28pm

Yay, time for a new thread! 

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
In reply to: mom2addy
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 11:31pm

Dinner was almost a disaster tonight. The steaks caught on fire and we didn't notice until they were pretty charred. We were able to salvage enough to eat though because they were pretty thick and still red inside...so G cut off the charred layer and threw them back on. The kids made a stink so we let them make a Boboli pizza to eat that instead. That's ok...more of the good stuff for us! 

Michelle

Community Leader
Sat, 02-02-2013 - 1:04pm
Gabe wouldn't go to sleep last night so I took him to bed with me around 9:30. Then he slept until 9 a.m.! I don't know what to do with this child...sigh.

Michelle

Community Leader
Sat, 02-02-2013 - 4:38pm
I am taking a break at cleaning/organizing Addison's room! Ugh...such a disaster! Surprisingly she isn't fighting me too much on stuff that I'm throwing away and she is agreeing to donate way more than I expected. I think I will save a lot of it for my SIL. She said I could give away her Barbie collection but I think I'll save it one more year. I don't remember when I went Barbie crazy but it may not have been closer to 7 or 8 yo. She has all the princesses (some she has 2 or 3 of from her friends on her birthday) and they are in great condition.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 1:04am
I found you, Michelle. I am always a few days behind. Today was not a great day. I had no patience with anyone. The kids just would not stop running around and screaming, whining, you name it. It was not good - I was snapping at everyone. Plus there is so much housework to catch up on. I am still very tired. DH jumped on the computer to play games the minute they were in bed. I was still folding 5 loads of laundry for another hour.
-Karen
Lily 07.01.06
Brady 12.05.09
Community Leader
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 5:50pm
Sorry you had a bad day off, Karen! Since you are working so much can you get some help around the house? How is DH's job going?

Michelle

Community Leader
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 5:55pm
Addison came home "sick" from school today. I think she is faking it. G and I have been fighting a lot and I think it's affecting her. :( We've committed to counseling and are trying really hard to make things more positive and happy around here. But then he does sh*t like drink and watch sports all weekend...which makes me absolutely crazy. I hope counseling helps because I'm at the end of my rope with this marriage. I feel bad because his dad is dying. I can't comprehend how distraught he is over that. But he's dealing with it in inappropriate ways and I just don't think I should have to put up with it. A part of me thinks that he's using his dad's condition as an excuse to do whatever the heck he wants. I found a good counselor and have been to see him once on my own. Unfortunately he is out of network!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 9:20pm
Oh michelle sorry to hear you have been fighting a lot. I know it is tough on you and the kids. I am glad you found a good counselor. Do you think you can perhaps get a discounted rate? Sometimes, if you can go at less dierable times, you dont pay as much.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 9:49pm
so we are about half moved. ugh!! half our kitchen is not here yet. we never moved our humidifier either. cant find my face cream and I have my picture taken for the med school webtie this thursday and my face looks awful

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 9:50pm
Oh Karen. I hope you can get some rest soon.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 10:09pm
thw new furniture looks nice. The living room tv has not been delivered yet so the new tv for the bedroom is there. Its nice. .

Pages