Holiday DYK

iVillage Member
Holiday DYK
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 2:02pm

How is everyone doing?  Getting ready for the holidays?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: laurspt01
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 2:05pm

It still annoys me that I have to figure out where I left off reading instead of automatically going to the first post.  I've been leaving a tab open with this board and hitting refresh when I check for new posts.  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 2:09pm

I've been super busy at work.  But the extra cash is nice.  Last week I did 7 visits over my quota.  At least the vice president realized that I've been working hard and thanked me in person.  Luckily last week I discharged several patients so this week coming up will be more relaxed.  I've been seeing patients all day, taking care of the girls until DH gets home and then charting all evening.  At least last Friday I went out for happy hour...it was much needed.  

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 8:55pm
Hi Laurie - great idea about leaving open a tab! I hope this little pre-holiday rush means you get to relax later this month. Sorry you had to work today. I have to do something tonight too and get it into a client's inbox before 5 a.m. Good times. It will probably take me 2 hours but I'm exhausted and really could go to bed now, at 6 p.m. I think I'll just get up at 3. I'll be more productive and coherent.

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Community Leader
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 9:15pm
Crazy day! Target run, birthday party, Costco run to buy tree, put up and decorated tree, then made Pigs in a Blanket for dinner. I got the idea last week at FIL's house because I was shopping with MIL at Trader Joes and she grabbed a pack of hotdogs and there were crescent rolls right next to them. They are so good! LOL

Michelle

Community Leader
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 11:42pm
Craaaazzzyyy...(for Y's benefit since she's not on Facebook). Amanda (Alexis' mom, OB nurse, used to live in San Diego but moved to Kansas a year or two ago) had baby #4 today. He was a month early but still 7.5 lbs! She delivered him very quickly too - just a few hours. Can you imagine how big he would have been if he had gone to term?

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 12:04am
Michelle, sorry about the wind client. I hope she gets you business at her next job.
-Karen
Lily 07.01.06
Brady 12.05.09
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 12:19am
I worked 7 hours yesterday, ran out and got heals and a matching clutch, got ready and went to a wedding reception and was in bed by midnight. got into the office by 7:45 this morning and worked straight until 5 to go to dinner. i love working on the weekend (except for the obvious) because it is quiet and i get so much done. i walked in the door and brady jumped into my arms and announced that they got me a birthday cake and candles. then lily cried because he spoiled the surprise so i spent the whole evening pretending to be clueless about why they would even get me a cake and how he must be playing a joke on me. plus i had to ignor all the accidental slips... after dinner they surprised me with a cake and presents. it was all so sweet. This week I am taking myself to a recording of "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" which happens to be in LA this week. That is my only break for the next 14 days, BUT the project is going well so that is a very good thing. I need to get more of this kind of work. Whew. I am getting into bed to read now (after one more piece of red velvet cake).
-Karen
Lily 07.01.06
Brady 12.05.09
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 12:20am
Ooooh that salsa chicken recipe looks good!
-Karen
Lily 07.01.06
Brady 12.05.09
iVillage Member
In reply to: mom_2_aly
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 6:04am

That's my strategy also.  Which explains why I've been camped out in the November thread wondering where everyone is LOL!

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 11:05am

So right before it was time to get on the bus Camryn starts crying that her belly hurts.  So of course I don't put her on the bus.  I kinda didn't feel like working today anyway.I tried calling DH to see if he could work from home because he had only left like 5 minutes earlier but he forgot his phone at home.  I swear the guy would forget his head if it wasn't attached.  So we brought Natalie to school, dropped off my timesheets at work and told them I wasn't working today.  Now we are just hanging out and she says she feels fine.  Oh well, I won't complain.  We will pick Natalie up at 4 and get her homework from her teacher.  

Photobucket

Pages