It's MARCH DYK
Sat, 03-02-2013 - 8:23pm

:)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
Fri, 03-08-2013 - 10:29am
Bwahahahaaaa!!! That sounds about right!!! It might be about as painful, too!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-08-2013 - 2:07pm

Owwww that sounds painful! I hope the drops and contact and humidifier work. So after a week in Florida does a family vacation to Hawaii sound like a good idea or a bad idea? My friend just took their two girls 3 and 6 and said they had the best time ever. They stayed in a condo half the time and the other half at a disney resort. They LOVED the disney resort, of course. The whole trip sounded dreamy.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-08-2013 - 2:10pm

I would totally spring for a hotel for dh too! I would be worried about him driving when he's that tired. Will he work the entire weekend or take a day off? You have to be exhausted single momming it too!

When you get your hair colored do you do just an all over color or highlights/lowlights too?

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-08-2013 - 2:14pm

I need a day to myself doing nothing--fat chance. My parents left Tuesday after being here for two weeks. (which was fun but kind of exhausting playing host the whole time) I spent every waking moment on Wed. and Thurs. working on midterms, and today I woke up to a messy house. I would like a day where I just lay in bed reading, watching netflix, and not caring for children. I actually thought maybe I should use the beach groupon and go by myself. The only thing that makes me think it won't be as dreamy as it sounds is the hotel bed will not be as comfortable as my own bed. I wonder if dh would take the kids and go without me?  .... fat chance.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-08-2013 - 2:16pm

Michelle your siggy is finally fitting. I am so ready for spring! It sounds like everyone got hit by winter hard this year. I am ready for 60's (and 70's!) and sunny weather...all the time, not just once every two weeks as a tease.

Community Leader
Fri, 03-08-2013 - 3:08pm
Thanks Alicia. I'm still on the fence about Hawaii. We probably won't go due to finances (business is slow for me right now). I agree that new Disney resort in Hawaii looks amazing.

Michelle

Community Leader
Fri, 03-08-2013 - 3:11pm
Alicia - it seems like you do a fair amount of watching other peoples kids when they need you...can you cash in some IOU chips for a personal day? I won't lie...on Wednesday even though my eye injury and resulting migraine kept me in bed...it wasn't all bad because I could see well enough to read and watch TV!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-08-2013 - 9:55pm
That's a rough schedule your DH is working right now Karen. Can he take in an air mattress or something? And I'm so glad that the only time I have to deal with LA traffic is to/from the airport. I've landed at LAX at 11pm and traffic getting out of the city has been awful.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-08-2013 - 9:58pm
That's Disney resort in Hawaii looks wonderful! I've tried to get into their resort in Vero Beach but it's always full. I don't know if that's because their vacation club gets first priority, or if I need to look at dates further out.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-08-2013 - 10:01pm
So we leave tomorrow for London. I'm a little sad to be leaving the kids. But then I think about the 7-8 hours on the plane and don't feel so bad. But I went to the dr today and I have strep throat. Nice, right? She gave me a steroid shot and antiboitics. She gave me a script for more steroids but I'm not so sure about taking them. I've never understood the point. If they are immune suppressing, and I'm sick, isn't that bad?

Pages