It's MARCH DYK
Sat, 03-02-2013 - 8:23pm

:)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 5:27pm
Yay, I'm so glad you like your new job!! I keep meaning to tell you what my stepmom said about working at a church school. She said that even though the pay sucks, you get nice bonuses (at Christmastime, I think). I think she said they were directly from the parents? She also said to watch out for politics. The parents have all the power, especially the wealthy ones that donate a lot to the schools. You have to make sure you stay on their good side. There was one kid at her school that was NEVER there and she wanted to hold him back but the principal said no way just because of the $$ issue.

Michelle

Community Leader
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 5:31pm
Crazy day so far. Gabe showered with me this morning then I gave Addison a bath. Took them to Target to get presents for birthday parties they have this weekend, then we went to lunch at Panera. We had another hour to kill before A's party so we got Gabe's hair cut then went to the grocery store. Then I dropped A at the party and then came home and gave Gabe a bath because he was itchy from the haircut. Now I'm just killing time until her party is over!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 7:13pm
Thanks for the advice but our principal eats nails for breakfast and the pastor that is our school director and 4/5th grade teacher eats naughty kids for breakfast. I am not worried about parents running us over at all. A huge chunk of our kids are there on a special needs scholarship (like James will be on next year if I stay) so I don't think they feel like they need to bow down to parents with money. I don't think I will get much of a bonus come Christmas.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 7:18pm
Sorry your day has been so crazy. We have had a very chilled afternoon, which was very needed. The early mornings and the time change has kicked my a@@. Plus I have had a horrid headache since Thursday.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 8:41pm

Val, I'm glad you like your new job! What is up with the headache?! Could it be allergies or weather changing? Have you taken anything for it?

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 8:45pm

We had a laid back day. I got up and went to the gym this morning and then came home and cleaned the kitchen. I made a German pancake and Jordan and Abby ate almost the entire thing! We went to the park this afternoon. Our weather was 75ish and breezy-perfect! Dh went to watch the fights tonight so I am hoping to get some homework done and then head to bed early.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 8:45pm
I am not sure what is wrong with my head. My allergies seem to be at an all time high but the headache doesn't really feel like it is from that. I think it is the stress of the new job and lack of sleep.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 8:53pm

So the doctor that delivered A went on "medical leave" about 8 weeks after she was born. I saw him for my six week postpartum appt and then didn't go back to the office until last December when I found out I was pregnant again. I knew he was still out on "medical leave" but none of my friends knew why. Then right after Christmas my obgyn's practice merged with another and I've noticed this particular doctor was not on any of the business cards or signage anymore. Well I think I found out why--supposedly he is/was addicted to prescription meds. I feel so sick for him and his family. How devastating! His wife is a pediatrician so luckily they have that going for them but man this could ruin his life. I just can't get over this--how sad!

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 8:56pm

Lack of sleep and stress could definitely be the cause! Do you guys have baseball tomorrow? Could you possibly sleep in?

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 8:59pm
That is crazy about your dr! And scary to think that he was taking care of you while on pain meds. I plan on skipping church to sleep in. We have a church picnic in the afternoon so I don't feel guilty about missing church.

Pages