Let's Spring into April DYK
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 1:09pm

Cool

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
Tue, 04-02-2013 - 10:22pm
LOL - no kidding, Val! If Gabe was first he would have been the only!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 6:22am
My mom would always say that about my youngest brother. lol
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 2:53pm

Lol, about Gabe being an only. Abby is such a mess maker there are days when I think we are crazy having a third.

I'm glad Gabe is doing better. Why do kids do stuff like that?! Cough medicine tastes so gross you would think he would drink a little bit and spit it out.

Abby downed half a bottle of tums two weeks ago. I was sitting five feet away from her working on my computer while it was happening. I called poison control and they said she would be fine and worst case scenario she would have a tummy ache. She was fine.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 2:54pm

I thought you guys sold your car? Has it just been sitting all these months? That would be nice to get it sold and pay taxes with the money.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 2:59pm

Dh is nuts. He hurt his knee right before thanksgiving playing basketball. He went to the doctor and they took xrays and said nothing was torn and sent him to PT. He did PT up until we went to Chicago for Christmas and then a few weeks after we got back he started playing basketball again even though he wasn't totally healed. He hurt it again playing basketball, took a week or two off and then was back to playing. He's not healed and he is always limping around. He took the kids to the pet store today while I mopped the floors and called me to come get them because his knee was hurting too much to walk home. How does he think he is going to work this summer if he can barely walk?! I keep telling him he needs to stop playing basketball and let it heal but he won't. He is nuts.

Community Leader
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 5:50pm
We had someone interested but then he didn't buy it (employee of one of my friends). I never did advertise it. I wanted to save it until tax time so G couldn't spend the money from it on something else! Now the battery is dead so we have to put in a new one before we can sell it. I'm sure it is driving my neighbors nuts, taking up a spot on the street.

Michelle

Community Leader
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 5:53pm

I'm frustrated at your DH for you, Alicia! Mine does the same stuff. Jeesh...be a grown up already! At least with my DH it's his elbow...he can at least get around. He FINALLY got an ultrasound this week and the doc told him it was probably a bone chip and he needed to get an xray.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 10:41pm

That's smart to hold onto to it til tax season. Batteries are only like $75 right? That shouldn't be too bad. I would think (though I know NOTHING about cars) that this would be a good time to sell. Holidays are over, people have money again, looking to upgrade. Hope it sells quickly!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 10:45pm

I caught the kids cold--I'm miserable. I woke up last night with a sore throat and it's been getting worse as the day goes on. Of course dh complains all day that his stomach hurts and does nothing while I clean the entire house. He did watch the kids for a while this afternoon while I took a nap--if you call letting them play video games 'watching' them.

Is this bad? I'm kind of ready for him to go north for awhile. I need a bit of a break. Not that things aren't good between us but I think I just need a bit of space to be able to appreciate him again. Right now I am so easily annoyed at everything and he unfortunately is the target of most of it. I think the space will do us both good. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Right?

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 11:03pm
Michelle--glad G is ok!! Val--thanks for posting to let me know. I appreciate it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Pages