Let's Spring into April DYK
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 1:09pm

Cool

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 11:04pm
Today I broke the cork AND the bottle opener trying to open a bottle of wine . DOH!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Community Leader
Thu, 04-04-2013 - 12:24am
Makes sense to me! Even when things are good, I appreciate the break. It's enough to have to see to your kids every need...taking the spouse's opinion out of the equation makes things a lot less complicated.

Michelle

Community Leader
Thu, 04-04-2013 - 12:30am
Sorry Y. Please tell me you ended up getting the bottle open. You probably really needed it at that point!!! I really miss wine. I quit drinking because DH needs to quit and can't do it on his own. I had half a glass the other night when I got home from the ER because Gabe was taking forever to eat his dinner but that's all I've had in two weeks. It sucks but I am motivated to lose weight and I think that's the reason I wasn't losing weight before. I was reading an article that your body stops burning fat and calories because it diverts to process the alcohol. And considering I worked out in late afternoon, it was probably nullifying my workouts. I was making sure I had the calories for it but that's the only reason I can find behind my lack of success.

Michelle

Community Leader
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 12:33pm
Happy Friday! G is going to a concert tonight with his brother, so I get the night off! I think I will get McD's for the kids and make myself a low carb dinner to go with the bottle of wine I plan on consuming!!! LOL I haven't been able to find spaghetti squash lately though. I have a flank steak to cook so I think I will make stir fry.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 2:15pm

Stir fry sounds good! I hope you were able to get the bottle of wine open Y!

I took the kids to the gym today and instead of working out I went to the Cafe and did homework for 1.5hours. Awesome! I need to do that more often. I still feel crummy and tried taking the only thing that's pregnancy approved and it did nothing to make me feel better. Blah!

Community Leader
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 6:24pm
Sorry you're not feeling well, Alicia. What did you take? My headache is back...I hope it's not my sinus infection. I've been on antibiotics for a week. Good idea taking the kids to the gym for free babysitting!!!

Michelle

Community Leader
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 7:09pm

Ugh. So I talked to G's stepmom today. His dad has gone way downhill since we saw him two weeks ago, and the Dr. gives him 2-3 weeks to live. He is not eating more than a few bites a day and has lost 20 more lbs in just a few weeks. G has had plans to go to a concert with his brother for a few months now, so I'm not telling him tonight. Plus his Dr. said to wait a few days before telling everyone, in case he perked back up once they got him re-hydrated. They have to stop chemo because his blood counts are so low. :(

Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 8:18pm

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry. I think it's good you didn't tell G tonight. Let him enjoy the concert with his brother. I hope his dad perks up though maybe prolonging things isn't for the best either. Ugh, life is hard. You want your loved ones to be here forever but when they are in pain and miserable its hard to keep them here. Is his dad very lucid right now?

My mom flew down to Irvine yesterday to move her dad and stepmom into a retirement facility. It was actually her dad's idea since her stepmoms health has declined so much it's been hard for him to care for her on his own. I see what my parent's and inlaws are going through caring for their aging parents and aunts/uncles and though I know it's inevitable that I will one day be doing it I don't like thinking about it. Can't we all stay young and healthy forever?!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 8:21pm

I'm ready to chop my head off. All the pressure just feels like my head is going to explode. I took some stuff earlier that I had back from when I was pregnant with Abby. It's supposed to relieve the stuffy/runny nose, congestion etc. but it didn't do anything. What I wouldn't give for some Nyquil right about now!

DH finally got off the computer and took the kids somewhere. Hopefully they went and got dinner because I am not cooking tonight!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 8:22pm

Y, did your sister move into your old place yet? Are you guys totally moved out?

Pages