Let's Spring into April DYK
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 1:09pm

Cool

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
Sat, 04-06-2013 - 9:22pm
You're not alone there, Karen. I used to have a sewing machine (my grandma gave it to me when I was in college). I discovered I don't have the patience for it!

Michelle

Community Leader
Sat, 04-06-2013 - 11:10pm
Yay, my patience paid off!!! I bought a backup drive that plugs into my wireless router and automatically backs up my files. Well I plugged it in Wednesday night and it finally finished tonight. I should have plugged it in via ethernet for the first big backup. I almost aborted it several times because I thought something was wrong. I still need to poke around and make sure it saved everything...

Michelle

Community Leader
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 2:12pm
Ack...I spoke too soon on the backup issue. I think I got a good backup of everything but it's still not working the way it is supposed to. It is trying to back up again right now but wish I could stop the backup because I have a bunch of other work to do and I'm afraid it's going to screw up my computer or the external hard drive if I start running too many processes.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 10:21pm
Sounds hectic Karen but a good opportunity. good luck!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 10:25pm
yay for the sleep Michelle so i bought melatonin. i will try it later this week (for me)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-09-2013 - 2:00pm
I need suggestions please for San Diego hotels. DH prefers Hilton, with Mariott 2nd (because of the points for travel). We will be changing hotels while we are there. We will stay someplace not yet known with all the family, then changing hotels for a few days. I want someplace that's easy to get to/from SeaWorld and either the Wild Animal park/Zoo or Legoland. We will have 2 1/2 days to explore. I'm looking around Hotel Circle right now. Is that a good choice or should I be looking elsewhere. I don't think we are going to do the beach because a) the cousins live in Coronado so easy beach access (I hope) and b) we will go to a not crowded beach in Santa Barbara before we go down so D can experience sand. Sad...I grew up on an island and my kid will be almost 2 before he feels sand.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-09-2013 - 2:01pm
Blech...taxes. Sorry you owe. DH messed up his exemptions once and I nearly decked him.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-09-2013 - 2:08pm
Michelle - sorry about your FIL. Did DH go to see him by himself? I hope the melatonin keeps working for you guys. Karen - congrats! Somehow I think your schedule would be crazy regardless. At least now you have promotion/new title to go with the craziness. A - How are you feeling?? Colds or any tiny bit of not feeling while pregnant sucks. Val - All settled into the new place and the new job? Y - Did you get into that bottle of wine? Packed for Paris yet? Now that I've had a taste of Europe I want to go back. Bad.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-10-2013 - 4:15pm

I am dying over here. I just spilled a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. I can't believe I did that! I have been SO careful and SO anal about it since the day that I got it and usually only drink from a water bottle at my desk. I quickly turned it off and flipped it over but you could just hear the water sucking into it. I am sick to my stomach. Ughhhhhh!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 8:10am
Oh no! How's the computer? Hopefully drying out.

Pages