Let's Spring into April DYK
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 1:09pm

Cool

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 9:17am
Last year we booked flights to Florida before DH lost his job. We cancelled them because it was for a conference that he would no longer be attending. Because they were non-refundable tickets we have to apply the funds to future flights. I just got the dates for CA and went to book the trip. And the funds expired a week ago. UGH! Southwest was able to reinstate the funds with a $100 fee (because of taxes she said). At least I didn't lose all $450. Now I am impatiently waiting for the email that says the funds are reinstated so I can book the flights.
Community Leader
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 9:14pm
The downtown Hilton is really nice! There is a Hilton that is very close to Sea World, but I have never stayed there and I've wondered if it is dated on the inside. I wonder if you can find reviews on Hotels.com or something? It is right off the I-5 freeway. Coronado has THE BEST BEACH! It is perfect for little kids...very gradual slope and the surf is not rough. At least that has been my experience there. Hotel Circle hotels...I'd check out the Doubletree, maybe? Some of the hotels there are old. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza and was unimpressed!

Michelle

Community Leader
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 9:17pm
Oh no! Alicia - I hope your laptop is ok!!! (((hugs))) When did you get it, again? I think Apple has a very generous warranty policy for a window of time and may replace it even though it was your fault.

Michelle

Community Leader
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 9:18pm
Ack! Bad luck on the expiration date. Glad you didn't lose it all!

Michelle

Community Leader
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 9:23pm
Just got back from the desert with the kids. We got there around 10:30 p.m. on Monday. I left G out there and he is going to get a ride back from his brother. His dad is barely hanging on...his body is shutting down and he is no longer conscious. His brother and sister were supposed to come Friday but they are going there tonight instead, because we were worried he wouldn't make it in time. I came home this afternoon because 1) I didn't want to expose them to that (he is at home with hospice), and 2) they were being kids and I didn't want them causing too much drama that my MIL and DH shouldn't have to deal with at this time. The Cochella Music Fest is starting tomorrow so hotel rooms are $400, even for the crappy Embassy Suites we stayed at this week.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 10:45pm

Oh Michelle, I am sorry about your father in law! It's probably a good thing you took the kids back. G can focus on his parents and siblings. How is G handling all of it?

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 10:49pm

I don't know the state of my laptop. I'm too afraid to find out. We've had a fan blowing on it since it happened (so a little over 24 hours). I was going to pick up a big bag of rice but forgot when I was at Target today so I'll run out and do that tomorrow. I really really hope it's okay. I still have four weeks left of class and my photoshop license is only good for macs. I can use dh's desktop but its not a mac. Ugh. I really hope it's not dead!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 10:53pm

Abby went to moms morning out today and did great. I think this will really be good for the both of us! J is still tracked out so he and I dropped her off and then went to the playground. There's a big asphalt track around the playground and soccer/baseball fields so I did a few laps. I'm supposed to run a 5k on Saturday and I haven't ran in weeks plus I'm still getting over this cold. I thought I should do a test run and see if I still have it in me. Apparently I don't. It felt like all the muscles/ligaments down 'there' were rebelling. I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow but I may not be running Saturday after all. Baby first.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 10:55pm

C, I hate expiration dates! That stinks they charged you $100. Taxes sound bogus but whatever! When are you going to CA again?

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 10:58pm

So I did something really bad today. The Easter candy at Target was 70% off and suprisingly they still had bags of cadbury minis left. They came out to $.95 a bag and I bought 8 of them. I took them home pulled out one bag and then handed the rest to dh and told him to hide them from me. I have zero willpower. The last thing I need is sugar but .95 for cadbury minis is insane. My poor love handles are rivaling my baby bump--it's pretty sad!

Pages