6-10 Ladies, Post here!

iVillage Member
6-10 Ladies, Post here!
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 9:48am
Yay, we're here now! We need to come up with a new name for our group, don't you think? More later, Audrey slept 8 hours, ate for 2 minutes and slept 4 more (still sleeping) and I'm pumping my canteloupes!
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 11:00am

Wow. We are OFFICIAL moms now, being in a playgroup and all!!!

Marcia- I agree with Kate, I never pictured you to look like what you do at all! I imagined fair and blonde for sure. Your pics are beautiful! And you DON"T still look pregnant you goof. When I was in that wedding 2 weeks ago, the flower girl came up to me and asked... "Are you having ANOTHER baby?!" and then proceded to rub my tummy so tenderly. Um, no. Nothing like kids to tell you the truth hey? :)

OH I ditched my little guy under his mobile and it worked for a bit, but no longer. Sorry, thats all for now!

Leah

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 11:17am

I can't believe it is already August 1st!! We are in a playgroup now! Time is flying. The board looks so empty. Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hi.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 11:27am

Katie -
8 HOURS!!!!! The longest I can get Maddie to go is 4, and unfortunately that is not on a regular basis! (actually, hardly ever!)

Yesterday she was on the changing table and slid off the end of it (pushed off with her feet) I caught her by her thigh! It scared her, but she wasn't hurt... Thank God I didn't have my back turned or else I wouldn't have been able to get her in time. I guess she has gotten to a point where she needs to be strapped in, even with me standing right there. Anyway, we're hoping that today is a little less eventful!

She's calling for her lunch!

Ashley

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 11:37am

Thanks for starting this Katie! we totally need a mini "group" name. We should have our own little poll or something! LOL!! So how is everyone this week?

Katie~ Glad to hear everything went well with DH and his surgery! Better him than you... I got my tubes tied , so i was the one in pain AGAIN!!! Oh well it is over now! I never really went through "mourning" with having it done. I am 23 years old with 1 stepson, and 4 birth children. So I think for me it was just time KWIM?? Sorry to hear you are having a hard time dealing with his pain, But look at what you have been through!! This is NOTHING compared to your pain. But It is still hard! Hope everything gets better!

Marcia- You are soo pretty!!!You totally don't look pregnant! And your hair is great!! Love it!If I looked as good as you do then I would be soo happy!! I think I am the biggest or should I say "fattest " person on this thread! But we won't go there. Glad to hear you can do stuff now. Feels much better to actually be able to do something huh? Hope everything is going great!

Becky-How is the exercising going? I hurt my ankle on Friday and haven't been able to do anything!:( I have sooooo much weight to lose. Way more than anyone on our thread. How is Kimmy? Oh and It has been soo hot here too! I don't ever go outside anymore. The kids are going stir crazy! I can't wait for the weather to let up! Not to mention our lawn mower broke and the grass is soo tall! We live in the country so I am sooo afraid of snakes being in the grasss or something. So the kids can't go out! UHHHH! What a couple of weeks.

Bernadette~ A bikini??? I am now soo jealous of you! i will NEVER again wear a bikini. My tummy looks like a map of the United States, all major highways and side roads included! LOL! Glad to hear things are starting to ease up for you with Vincent! You sound like you are doing an amazing job!BTW you are sooo pretty too!

Leah- I swear I am going to sound like a broken record, But you are soo pretty too! You ladies don't look like you need to lose ANY weight! Are you going to go back to work? Hope all is good with you and Ben. Me and my "crew" are doing good!

Everyone else- How are you and the babies? Any new pics to share?

Well as for me. Let's see. Miguel has his 2 month appointment this Thurs. He is soo big! I can't believe it because he was so little when he was born. He has caught up with everyone else and then some!! Guess what? He is ticklish!! He was laughing while I tickled him under the chin! It was so cute!!! My oldest Jeovani has Kindergarten orientation on Thurs as well! Such a busy day! I want to homeschool my kids after Jeovani gets out of Kindergarten. I want to have a year to rsearch and plan this out. I just think that is the best for us. Things are getting soo bad nowadays that I want my kids to not be exposed to all the negative images KWIM?? But anyway I think I have depression issues. My weight has me down alot. Not so much crying but I get angry at myself all the time. But that is enough from me! Hope evryone is doing good!

Any suggestions on a group name??

Oh here is a couple pics!
Love you guys!

I want to show off some of my daughter when she was smaller! She was too cute!

These are some I found of myself. I have gotten Bigger since then but oh well. The first is when I was pregnant with my daughter.

This one is a family pic when I was preggo with DS #2

This one is of My DSS, DS#1 Jeovani(22months at the time), DS#2(10 weeks at the time) and my neice that was 6 weeks old. Too cute though. Couldn't resist.

Sorry there os so many. Sorry so long.

Daisypath Ticker

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 1:50pm

Sarah- I LOVE your pictures. And you look fantastic!!!!! Its hard being a girl hey? There are those crazy perfect women out there that make us feel like crap when we compare, but really you shouldn't. You are so beautiful! I've conceded that I will never look like the girls in the magazines, and if I compare to everyone else, it just makes me sad. Seriously, you are so beautiful and you look GREAT! And I think your kids are SOOOO cute. Little Elena with her little bret in the pictures is so cute, and Miguel has the BIGGEST smile. Ben smiles lots, but as soon as the camera is out, he gets this super mad serious look and stares at the camera, so I have yet to catch a smile in a picture! Its amazing how much our babies have all changed! They don't look brand new anymore...

Kris- Your job sounds so interesting! Good luck on the pumping and working still! Do you have any pictures you can post? I don't think I have ever seen you or little Matthew, if you posted them, I probably missed it!

We are have a crazy morning. I SHOULD be getting ready for company again tonight, but Ben is being very fussy. He is only sleeping for 5 minutes at a time and then wakes up screaming, so right now is thrown over my shoulder doing that shuddery breathing after a good cry and its really cute! I wish he would sleep though, I need to shower at least!

Any ideas for me for a anniversary present for my Dh? $50 limit, and I have NO idea what to get him.

The shudders are turning to cries again, so goodbye again!!!! Good grief.... I can't wait till he is off this medicine for his thrush!!!

Leah

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 2:30pm

Leah,
Thanks for the compliments!(Don't hear them much)I know what you mean by them not looking like babies anymore!:9 They are already growing up. Elena is my only girl, I had a hair clip in her hair @ 6 weeks old! LOL!And you know people would ask is it a boy or girl? WTF? Are you kidding me! She only wore pink or purple. Stupid people. Hope you can catch one of Ben's smiles soon!

My miguel is a cheese ball! LOL! Look at my new blinkie! Like it? Well have a great day! Duty calls!!

Daisypath Ticker

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 3:09pm

Sarah - your whole family is gorgeous!!! And your baby has an awesome smile!

Willow

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 3:21pm

So do ya'll think that men are such huge big babies after a vasectomy as part of God's plan to show you what life would have been like with one more child, just in case you were having doubts about your decision? Cause DAMN.....this man is killing me! If I had any doubts before, I don't now. 3 babies is DEFINITELY too many for me! :) All I wanted to do today was go to Target and walk around abit. I LOVE that store and I needed a couple things (milk storage bags #1, lol) and I wanted to just browse and see what else I didn't know I needed before I went in there, lol. (can't get out of there for less than $80, I swear!) But he had to go to Home Depot to get a filter for the a/c. He had to go with me cause I didn't know the "right kind" (whatever) and so we walked around home depot for forever cuase he was browsing. Then he was hurting too bad to walk around Target with me, so he just dropped me at the door and told me to run in and get what I needed, he'd wait in the car with the kids. ARGH! So no browsing for me. dammit.

Leah, I'd like to help you with ideas for your husband for your anniversary...unfortunately, my husband is not my favorite person right now and our anniversary is 2 weeks away and I don't feel like being nice right now, lol, so I'm all out of ideas! What kinds of things does he like? My husband is so easy to shop for, he's a gaming FREAK for one and a gun nut (what cop isn't?) so there's always some kind of gadget or something he swears he must have.

Sarah, I agree, you look great! I love your hair! Mine is so curly but if I try to grow it long, it weighs the curls down and it's also incredibly thick and with the migraines I had in the past, if I grew it too long it'd get too heavy and would kill my head every day. Now the migraines are 5 times worse than ever before after the bleed, so I am terrified to grow my hair long, but I wish I could! Course, I also wish it wasn't curly, but that's never helped me... ;) Your kids are so beautiful! Elena is gorgeous....and only 17 days younger than my Jack....hmm......we should hook them up! :)

And OMG, when I said I was engorged and pumping my canteloupes htis morning, I was joking, but I got 5 oz out of my LEFT breast alone. This is a big deal because my left side produces less than the right, lol, so just 5 oz out of that side is INSANE! I've never gotten more than 1.5 oz out of it, yikes!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 3:25pm

So this is where everybody hiding!!! :)

We had a frantic morning. My son has been sleeping only 45 mins to an hour every night. I didn't even post about it I am so discouraged. He waskes up that often, screams, i comfort him we are back to sleep for another 45 mns. This morning he was a bit weird and inconsolable and I finally had enough. I went to see the ped and told her sheneeds to figure out what's wrong with my son, he can't even sleep anymore he's so uncomfortable. Thank god he was true to form at the doctor's office and screamed like a billygoat. So the doctor suspected already reflux and she said let's try to put him on prevacid. you need to know that i'm a nature freak and we eat organic etc. BUt at this point, as miserable as he is, i'm willing to go the medicine route. So we are officially on hypoallergenic formula and we are getting him the meds tonight. He's been a screaming machine and I feel so bad for him. ANyway, i have time now because i crafted a colic mattress for him :) I have to be so resourceful. He's been somewhat comfortable on it today and been sleeping for 2.5 hours now. So i had lunhc, could go pee(yes ladies....) and posting some pics.
Here is the colic mattress, i should get it patented. :)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/junebaba/thecolicmattress.jpg

anyway, anybody else's baby on reflux meds? how is that working out?

Sorry this is what i had the energy to post only...
Love to my playgroup!!

Bernadette

Photobucket

Pages