Bedding?

Community Leader
Bedding?
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 11:56am

I am having a heck of a time finding bedding I like! It seems like the trend is trees/branches/leaves/birds. I've seen a few cute patterns but nothing with that design that I want to commit to for the long term. I like the dark grey and white non-patterned look but that's what we have now and since the grey throw and shams spend more time on the floor than the bed, I'm looking to move that to the guest room and get just a duvet cover and shams for our bed.

Our walls are light grey, white trim and window coverings (plantation blinds), furniture is a dark espresso. I'm not sure I'm crazy about these but they are the best I'm coming up with. Thoughts?

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/matine-toile-duvet-cover-sham-espresso/?pkey=call-duvet-covers-shams

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/penelope-kalamkari-duvet-cover-sham-yellow/?pkey=call-duvet-covers-shams

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Community Leader
In reply to: mom2addy
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 10:37am
*duvet*...stupid appleism! :)

Michelle

Community Leader
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 10:36am
Thanks ladies! I'm Thinking now about getting a white textured cover and finding fun throw pillows and sheets. I just don't know if I can commit to a patterned diver cover! LOL Target has one for only $70 but it doesnt list a thread count and feels very rough. Nordtroms has one but it's almost $200. I'm sure I'll find something in the middle with a little more digging. Plus the hodgepodge approach is so much more fun!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 9:57am
I got mine at Overstock. It cost me $115 for bed skirt, sheets and quilt for my queen bed.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 9:13am
Hmmmmm.....A's bedding is PBK. But I noticed last week that her fitted sheet is ripping. So I may head off to Homegoods since PBK is do pricey. Ours is currently a hodgepodge. Bed skirt from bed bath beyond, comforter from a friend because I loved his so much when we stayed at his house he bought me one, duvet cover Macy's ( did you check there?), sheets homegoods. The last time we bought a matching set was over 10 years ago from Kmart when Martha Stewart stuff came out there.