Community Leader
Countdown to Santa DYK!
Thu, 12-01-2011 - 2:25pm

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 4:43pm
Sorry Val. Can you try making the move next summer? Do you think the divorce would be less complicated if you stayed put?

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 7:37pm
It does make the divorce less compicated if I stay until it is over. My dad sold my grandad's house so it would be stupid of me to move to ABQ now.
Community Leader
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 9:53pm
So there you go...time to stop beating yourself up about it! :) I hope you find something Val. Can you reach out to someone in your area who does speech therapy and see if they have any helpful advice? maybe there is an avenue that you're not aware of!

Michelle

Community Leader
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 10:03pm
Ahhhhh...relaxing with a glass of vino. Kids are watching Elf on the Shelf. It has been a long day. We went shopping for Xmas decorations, stopped at Payless, went to McDs the next town over because ours is closed for remodeling. Gabe was awful...too bad stores dont open at like 8am on the weekends because the closer we get to naptime the worse he behaves. After we got home he took half a nap on the floor of his bedroom. A had a friend come over so that gave me a little peace. Her mom and I were joking that when they are together they cancel each other out so it's almost like having no kids. LOL. After G got home from work I went to Pier 1 to get an hour to myself. I bought a few more decorations and returned some wine glasses that I've been carrying around in the trunk of my car for six months.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 10:04pm
I am just mad at myself for thinking like this. I should be happy here but I'm not. I am going to have to PAY for somebody to watch my boys so I can go Christmas shopping for them all by myself. It sucks. I need to be happy and get over myself. Hopefully joining this church will do me some good.
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 10:07pm
I know what you mean about canceling each other out. It is nice that the friend takes the pressure off of you.
6 months! That is a long time.
Community Leader
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 10:29pm
Oh hon, I wish I had some good advice for you! Can you see if there is a Meetup in your area for single parents? maybe you can build a better support network of other moms in your situation so you are not always having to rely on your bros or pay someone.

Michelle

Community Leader
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 11:28pm
I am still not totally happy after living here 3 years. It takes me a REALLY long time to get used to living somewhere new though. I am a creature of habit and totally hate change. It took me like 5 years to fall in love with Indiana. So I'm hoping just 2 more years and I'll love it here too???

IDK how I couldn't "not" love it here, especially now that I'm working from home. I'm just 2 miles from the ocean, and in as small of a town as you will find in Southern California. And it's nice here. The only thing I hate is the fact that I have to drive 20 minutes to get to decent shopping. Waaahhh, right? At least we finally have a Target here. If we got a Kohl's and Bed Bath & Beyond my life would be complete. There is a new outlet mall popping up on the cliff overlooking the ocean, and as happy as I am that we'll have more shopping options here, it kind of p*sses me off because I think it will ruin some of the small town feel we have going on...why couldn't they have built that on the other side of town, east of the ocean? Oh well, that decision was made long before I moved here.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 6:28pm
I guess I need to make more of an effort to get out there and make friends. It is just so hard with the boys being so young to not have to pay for a sitter.
Community Leader
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 6:36pm
Hi Val - I was thinking more about "trades" with other single moms rather than hiring a sitter.

Ugh. Still no word from the sheriff's dept. I think I'll call tomorrow and give them a little more time to make progress. That will give me time to see if the guy comes back.

[For Y since she's not on FB - there has been some guy sitting in the car watching the playground through binoculars on Friday then again today at morning dropoff. I reported him to the police on friday but he came back today and we're trying to figure out if he's a creep, legit or a little of both.]

Michelle

Pages