Happy November DYK!
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 6:39pm

:-)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 8:46am
Eeeek! No Marvins around here, thank goodness.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 8:49am
I was wondering what you were doing up so early. I thought Darvocet was taken off the market. Just a warning with the narcotics...they can sometimes cause rebound headaches so it becomes a vicious cycle. I read an article on it a few months ago. Once I went to the ER with a bad headache and they refused to give me any narcotics. Turned out it was a sinus infection, but they said the narcotics would make it worse. They actually were correct, but fioracet did work. Your doctor wouldn't give you any?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 8:52am
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 8:59am
http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/rebound-headaches

Although it says that fioricet can cause them too. The one time I had a horrible headache the fioricet was the only thing that finally worked. I have a headache this morning but I know it's because I had wine last night. Luckily my friend got her power back after they got back home last night. Hopefully everyone will have it back by tomorrow night. That's the estimation b the power company.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 9:00am
Thanks - I think it was taken off the market. I got some when I had vajayjay pain after delivering Gabe. I figured it was better than taking the morphine. :D

No, he wanted me to try these "real" migraine meds instead. I'm going to see his wife next week for my pap...I think I will ask her for some Fioricet. It is a narcotic too but I have *never* felt any side effects from it or felt any addictive effects from it. I hope they give it to me...I really hate how these migraine meds make me feel. It almost makes the headache more intense for a while and then I feel spacey and my head feels like it weighs a ton. I was shaky too. Ugh.

Michelle

Community Leader
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 9:02am
Okay, yikes...that is scary about the darvocet!

Michelle

Community Leader
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 9:07am
Interesting about the rebound headaches. I wonder if it makes a difference if you change up the pain relievers? (Like me...fioricet Day 1, Relpax Day 2, nothing Day 3, Relpax and Darvocet Day 4.)

I'm so happy to hear your friend got her power back! So sad that her critters didn't make it.

Gabe is crying but it doesn't sound like he is really awake.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 9:16am
Catching ip here.

Sorry about the headaches. The clorst thing I've had to a migrane is the sPinal headache from the epidural. I hope everyone feels better soon.

I do not have a will done i do know its pricey. With my uncle being a will/estate lawyer you'd think I would. But my grandma says that the "family rate" is still obnoxious n
Community Leader
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 9:21am
Hi Christine! LOL at the obnoxious family rate.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 9:25am
Day 2 of single parenting. A wants new shoes amd she needs new snow boots. So D is going to my moms and she and I will go. It could take awhile because she's rather picky. I haven't decided if we will start with Payless or just head up to the mall. I want to grab her snow boots from Lands End. Plus I need to go to Toys r us for a 1st bday present for my nephew. And A can start a list to hand out when everyone starts asking.

Pages