June 1-5 Mommies, where ARE you???

iVillage Member
June 1-5 Mommies, where ARE you???
Thu, 08-03-2006 - 4:20pm

Hi girls! I keep looking for our first post on the PG board and finally decided just to start one myself! How is everyone? Did we decide on a buggy name for our group? I had a thought, we could be the "Lightening and Lady Bugs" to cover the boys and the girls...but you all may have settled on something else (or hate that!) in my absence.

I'm happy to say our traveling is finally over. Annabel is doing much better now that we are home, she was fussy and not sleeping well. I think she just got tired of being held all the time and sleeping in places with strange or extra noises. She's a happier baby and that makes me a happier mommy :) She is also doing fine on the "regular" formula now so evidently the rash she had a couple of weeks ago did turn out to be viral. I'm happy about that because I wasn't looking forward to the extra expense of the Nutramagin.

We haven't had her two-month checkup yet, I'm waiting until next week so my oldest two boys will be in school and I won't have to pay a babysitter. I have a friend who will keep my 3yo so I can just give Annabel my full attention during her shots. I'm curious to see how big she's gotten, she's definitely filled out more since I stopped nursing. When I took her in for the rash she was 11-4 and 23 inches, so she'd gained 2 1/2 lbs and grown 2 inches since birth! I told her she I was proud of her, she is such a big girl. Then I told her that was a compliment, but once she turned about 17 the term "big girl" wouldn't be a good thing anymore :)

I hope everyone is doing well!
TJ

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-03-2006 - 5:28pm

I am here! I have just been very busy. My family is on there way to see us again. My parents and grandparents will be here today and my brother and sil will be here tomorrow. We are going to stay at a ranch not far from my house. We will get to ride horses, go on hay rides, have cookouts, and swim. Sounds fun, too bad it is going to be 100 or more every day! We are also going to have a late bd party for ds#1, an early bd party for my granma, and baptize the baby. Wow, I am tired just thinking about it all!
James goes for his 2 month next week. I too can't wait to see how much he has grown. His chubby cheeks and double chin just crack me up!
And JT, I would love to swap formula checks. Email me-valeriebowden@ev1.net

Val
http://valeriebowden.bebo.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-03-2006 - 7:07pm

I'm here too..just enjoying my last few weeks of summer before heading back to my classroom. I'm not looking forward to going back! The only thing that keeps me sane is that I live only a few blocks from work, so I can spend my plan period nursing Owen and also come home at lunch. I'm hoping my dh does okay staying home with them...after spending four years in the Navy, he's never really spent much time around our dd, and now he has her to get to know, and a newborn to keep him occupied.

Owen had his two month checkup today. He weighed 10 pounds, 1 oz, and is 23 inches long. I'm thankful that he is no longer having problems gaining! He did not like his shots at all!!! He screamed so loud. I'm very thankful for Tylenol!!

Anyways, hope everyone else is doing well. Talk to you later.

Lisa

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-04-2006 - 12:23pm
Hello! I had Shane Richard on 6-3, he was not due till 6-29. I have another DD who is almost 2.5 years old. Shane goes for his 2 month checkup on the 7th....he was only 6lbs 14oz but at his 1 month checkup he had gained 5 lbs 2oz, so I am interested to see what he weighs now! DD was also 6 lbs 14oz at birth, but she was always very small for her age, even though they both had breastmilk exclusively. Weird! I work part time at a shelter for domestic violence victims and am able to do some work making follow up phone calls the last 6 weeks of maternity leave. THen I will work every Sunday during the day. Before I had DS in June I also did overnight shifts so I could be home during the day with DD and she never knew I was gone. Not sure if this will work with the 2, DH finds it very difficult to handle both of them. He has finally said the words I have longed to hear...."I don't know how you do it!" and yesterday he said "I don't think I would make a good mom at ALL!" I asked him why, he said I dont have the patience like you do! I actually think he is very patient with them! He just can't multitask....except for sitting on the toilet and reading!!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-05-2006 - 12:07pm
I'm here too. Kaden has been keeping me very busy these days. I did not even know we had been moved to a playgroup! LOL! He is doing well- at almost 8 weeks he weighs 14.25 lbs. He will be 2 months on the 12th. I can't believe time is going by so fast. I am returning to work on the 14th- Very reluctantly! We need the money, so what can you do? Thankfully, my mom will keep him during the day- so I know he will have the best care possible. It's going to be weird not being with him all day.
Hope everyone and little ones are doing well.
Hugs
Nikki

Nikki 

Mama to Kaden 6/12

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 10:47am

Hello everyone!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 12:10pm

I'm here just a bit busy and tired still.

Amy  

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 6:58pm

Amy ~ Yeah, I know I'm nuts...LoL.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-09-2006 - 11:20pm

Hi guys! I'm still around also, just haven't had very much time lately to post! Jake is getting easier, however, my DD has been a real pill lately! Hopefully it is just a phase and will not last very long! I think she just feels a bit neglected, and probably bored since we took her out of daycare! I try to keep her busy during the day, but it never fails that she "needs" something whenever I am feeding Jake and I have to tell her to wait until I am done! She is probably tired of hearing it!

I am taking the kids to Grandma & Grandpa's house from Friday through Monday, so she'll get tons of attention while we are there, so hopefully that will help some!

Lori...you are brave planning on the next one already! We are not going to do it again since both of my pregnancies were complicated, however, I have had the urge once or twice in the last week or two! My family will kill me if they even suspect that I am thinking about it! I am 34 also, so I don't even know how much more time I have, especially

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-11-2006 - 8:40am
Karyn ~ your kids are adorable!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-15-2006 - 11:16pm

Hey Lori! How are you? How are the kiddos?

Thanks for the compliment...I think your kids are adorable also!

As for the ovary...we just found out when I had the c-section for Jake! I never knew anything was wrong!!! My OB found out when he was doing the c-section and told me the day after he delivered Jake!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting