June 16-20 buddies

iVillage Member
June 16-20 buddies
Thu, 08-03-2006 - 10:31pm
So where is everyone? Camryn and I are surviving the heatwave we are having here in New England. Thank goodness we got A/C for our downstairs. We had some pretty good thunderstorms tonight that brought some much-needed cool air. So how is your June Bug/Blossom? Camryn is doing well, sleeping 5-6 hours a night, as long as I put her down around 10 PM. That seems to be her bedtime. Daddy gives her a bottle of EBM and then its off to her crib. I'm lucky that she goes down so easily. So are you going back to work? I am starting back (full time) on september 5th. I'm already dreading it :( When is everyone else starting back?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-03-2006 - 10:39pm

I'm a newbie. My son Barron was born June 20! He was 7 weeks early so he was actually due next week (August 8). He has been home for 3 weeks now and it seems like the NICU was a lifetime ago. Barron is doing great -- he sleeps for 3 1/2 to 4 hours at a time. He weighs about 6 1/2 pounds now so he is thankfully growing and gaining weight. He still looks so tiny though! He goes to sleep easily and is content to go into his bassinette even if he is still awake. It's a nice change from my 1 y/o who was so difficult to put down to sleep at this age!

I am taking at least a year off... it's not worth it for me to work since we would have to pay daycare for two. DH is working overtime galore so we can afford for me to stay home. Luckily his work is understanding and allows it! The downside to it is that we hardly know each other anymore.

It has been hotter than heck here too (Louisiana) and the humidity is killing all of us...It's like walking into a sauna. One thing I have always hated is being sweaty and dirty... well unfortunately we all sweat buckets as soon as we open the front door!

Hope this finds all the other mommies and babies surviving the incredible heat and enjoying the milestones being reached (the smiles are the best aren't they?)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-04-2006 - 1:37pm

Well baby Caleb is 8 weeks old today. And life is good. I couldn't ask for a better baby. His night time is so predictable now. But I am starting to think his night time wakings are due to habit and not really due to hunger. Gotta break that habit.

Andrea

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-04-2006 - 4:36pm

Hey All

I was wondering if it was ok for me to post on this section of the buddies list? My son was supposed to be born on June 24th, 06 but arrived on June 20th, 06.

Matthew is doing wonderful. He is now 6wks 3days. He smiles constanting, coo's, has about 90% head/neck control, and also is gumming everything. Does it sound like teething to you guys?

I'm very upset at children & families, (Which is medicaid in florida.)They havent sent his medicaid card yet and his pediatrician is making us pay them til he gets his card. :( They tell me he is approved and will have his card in 10days but it has been almost 7wks.
Also his pediatrician won't write a letter for him so we can get Enfamil due to him projectile vomiting. Wic demands a letter and says it has to be "medically neccessary" for him to get enfamil vs goodstart. We are paying $25 a can on Enfamil every 3 to 4days. Its going to break us.

I went back to work last wednesday so it has been very heartbreaking for me to leave my precious son. But I'm coping with it.

Well I hope everyone is enjoying their precious babies. Cherish every momment they grew up really quick.

Trisha.

Here is my wonderful Blessing Matthew Ethan: check out his site at www.babysites.com/sites/dazzle/

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-04-2006 - 5:13pm

Trisha, why won't your doc write the letter?

Wedding
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-05-2006 - 3:03am

Well Ava is still coliky and it is so tough at night. Her crying fits start around 8:30 every night and last about 3-4 hours. DH works nights as a bouncer so I am stuck at home with all 3 kids by myself. I've learned to deal with it though, I think I'm pretty used to our routine now. She's also going through bouts of constipation that are lasting 3-5 days and her colic is worse during those times. We took her in this past Monday because her cries were so bad, but of course once we got to the hospital she fell asleep from crying, one of the few times she actually slept in her car seat. We found out that she is 11 1/2 pounds, not bad for 5 weeks.

I am dreading going back to work, my first day back is September 1st. My co-workers think I should just come back on the 5th since the 1st is a Friday and Monday is Labor Day. I wish I didn't have to go, but my FMLA is up the last week of August and to maintain our insurance I have to go back. I wish I could come back October 1st instead because September is open enrollment and I work in HR and have to process all of the changes, our busiest time of year. Now that's something to look forward too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Photobucket

&nbsp

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-05-2006 - 3:29am

Hi
Not sure if I should be posting here now lol im so confused lol
My DD was due June 17th I actually had her the 9th of June.
Kendra turned 8 weeks yesterday I cant believe its been 8 weeks she now weighs 10lb 9 oz (she was 6lb 5 oz at birth)
I am also on WIC they are such a pain in the butt lol I barely qualified this time & I too have a prescription for a non contract brand, but thankfully I know the tricks I dont like there contract brand & I feed my daughter Similac Advance so every 3 months I have to "play the game" with those idiots its frusterating but it saves so much money, so I guess its worth it. I have a dr that helps me play the game. I suggest you switch doctors! There are so many that love medicad patients im sure you can find a good one ;-)
Kendra now sleeps at least 6 hours most nights she has gone as far as 8 hours.
We will be taking our first long road trip with her next weekend thank goodness she likes her carseat & she isnt at the point where she cries when the vehicle stops. I pray she will be different & not go through that stage lol

I hope everyone has a good weekend!!
Christina

Christina

Untitled-2

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-05-2006 - 10:02am
Camryn was born on the 15th but I was due the 19th. I chose to stay in this group because I am familiar with your girls :)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-05-2006 - 8:24pm
hey ladies
were doing good here. dreading the 2 month shots. chey is now sleeping 6-8 hrs a night. i am so lucky. he is so gassy all day though. poor guy gets so uncomfortable. hows everyone else?
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-06-2006 - 10:34am

Oy! I finally get to check in on the last day of the week! I have started this twice already and had to clost it out cuz the baby started crying. We have had a good week, but really busy. It has been great b/c charlotte is a totally different baby now that I am not eating dairy. She still gets a fussy in the evenings, but she is actually letting me put her down some

Photobucket