June 16-20 ladies- 8/7

iVillage Member
June 16-20 ladies- 8/7
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 9:48am

So how are things going with everyone? Any new milestones? Camryn is smiling much more now. Anytime someone gets close to her and starts talking to her she smiles. Its great. She also took her first bottle of formula yesterday. She had been getting a bottle of EBM about every other day, but I wanted to try some formula. I will only be able to pump once during the day while I'm working so she will need a bottle or 2 of formula at daycare. She actually didn't mind it one bit and took it without a problem.

Has anyone gotten professional pictures done yet? I really want to, but DH is hesitant because of the cost. But his birthday is in september and I'd really like to surprise him with some great pics. Any recommendations on where to go? I see many people go to the Picture People. There is one at the mall close to us so that would work. What about sears? Has anyone tried them?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 11:53am

hi!
ok, one question.......am I still part of the june 16-20 group? or do i need to join a June 6 group?

I went to log into the old site and found that it moved... Just never ever ever have time to get on here much anymore.

Let me know where I am suposed to join :-)

Treasure

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 1:17pm

Umm...well, I was going to stay here even though Brennan was born on 6/12. I've posted here all along even though my due date changed from the 18th to the 12th because this is the group I started out with. What does everyone else think?!?!

Susan
Mommy to Brennan 6/12/06

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 1:25pm

Hi Laurie!

I got Brennan's pictures done at Sears at five weeks. I'm going to try to do them again before too long since he's smiling so well now. I can't wait for him to laugh! I did them early because I wanted some in his going home outfit from the hospital and he had just about outgrown it. Sears did a decent job, but I saw Michele's (harbindoc) Picture People photos that she posted and I like them better. We don't have Picture People in Arkansas though. Sears is $8 a sheet with a $15 sitting fee. The problem is holding back and not getting a ton of sheets! Here's the link to my Sears pictures. Hopefully, it will work:

https://www.searsphotos.com/dep_order_portraits.asp?sessid=%7B6AF505F7%2D118E%2D424C%2D8E22%2D091AF0BF2563%7D&SessImgId=%7BEEAF4593%2DF580%2D4A07%2D9421%2DF3F9DC053EBC%7D&sesstype=5&tag=39DA14AC12EA408D81A378AE31EB6A54F10D98D5C9FE4FC195FD77DDEF45A641

Hope everyone has a good week!

Susan
Mommy to Brennan 6/12/06

Edited 8/8/2006 6:07 pm ET by suzqw
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 4:04pm
I stayed in this group. My EDD was the 19th but DD was born on the 15th. I've posted here the whole time and didn't want to switch groups.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 5:31pm

Hey Susan...
Glad you're here :-)
Let's stay with this group since this is where we started and we are comfy with everyone.

Treasure

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 5:51pm

hey susan.. I can't open them. It wants login info.

We did Chesney's one months picts @ Target. I need to make an appt and have more done this week.
You are right, it is hard to hold back.

I will see if I can attach the target link.

Treasure

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-09-2006 - 9:49am

I vote we all stay here! I am not a 16-20 birthday but I don't figure it matters!

Laurie, if you go online to olan mills the have a GREAT coupon for newborns (under 3 mo old). its a free sitting and lots of free pictures! they did a really great job on my nieces first pics...char was really grumpy so hers are not so good. but usually the do good work and its not too expensive.

we are doing ok. hand a rough mon and tues night. she was up every 2 hours to eat both nights. I was exhausted. but i guess it was just a growth spurt cuz last night she was back to only waking up once. i hope thats all it was b/c i don' think i could handle that on a regular basis. other than that we are good.

we leave for vacation on saturday. i am so excited to see my family and friends. esp. the ones who haven't seen char yet.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-09-2006 - 12:54pm

Julie-

Thanks for the info on olan mills. I'll have to check it out.

Hope you have a great vacation :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-09-2006 - 5:13pm

I plan to stay here, my original EDD was 6/18 but Ava was 9 days late.

This has been a good week for us so far. No fits at night and she still only wakes up once during the night between 1-3 am and not again until 8, thank goodness for that. Now if we could only get her past the bouts of constipation she's been having. I BF all of my kids and she's the only one to go through this. She's gone as much as 6 days without a BM and then watch out major explosion and then she doesn't go again for 3+ days again and watch out for the gas that she passes it's bad enough to almost knock a person out.

She's becoming more social now and smiling like crazy. Her favorite place is the swing, she used to sleep in there great, but now she "talks" to her "friends" before getting fussy. I love hearing her coo and gurgle at us, the toys, or just to herself. Everytime we try to catch her on video doing it though she starts to get fussy and cry, can you say camera shy.

I'm starting to do the back to work countdown, only 3 weeks from this Friday. I'm already feeling a deep sense of dread about going back, it just seems too soon. I wish I could stay home more, but I can't.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Photobucket

&nbsp

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-09-2006 - 6:19pm

i am starting the back to work countdown also. I start back 5 hours a week (to do children's therapy groups) the 21st!!!! I get to take charlotte with me for about a month. Then sept 15th, i start working 15-20 hours a week. DH will have her the hours i can't have her at work, but I am so sad about it. Also worried about how those sleepless nights are going to work when i have to work the next day.

why can't we just win the lottery...lol

Photobucket

Pages