June 26 - July

iVillage Member
June 26 - July
Thu, 08-10-2006 - 11:00am

Just wondering how all of your little ones are doing with their nighttime sleep? We are probably all smack in the middle of a growth spurt right now. Sebastian is exclusively breastfed and has spent the last week nursing alllll day every day, but I think it may be slowing down because he has actually paused for some extended periods of play and interaction yesterday and today. He was doing really well sleeping at night before the growth spurt, a 4 hour stretch of sleep every night and then he magically slept 5 1/2 hours the night before the growth spurt started. For the last week he has been waking every 2-3 hours and eating during those feedings as though he is absolutely starved. Last night though, his first stretch was 3 hours and the second was 4. It was encouraging to see a 4 hour stretch make an appearance again.

So how is sleeping going for all of your 6 week olds? And are they breastfed or formula fed?

Nathalie
Mama to Sebastian (6/29/06)

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-10-2006 - 12:20pm

Cole was only exclusively BF for 3 weeks... during that 3 wk growth spurt I would get totally drained and he would cry out of hunger still... so I started to supplement. It was a slippery slope... and now he is totally on formula. It worked out for the best for us both. I was in agony with the BFing and I would wince whenever he woke up (and cry through every feeding) and now I look forward to his waking up. And he's now 11lbs 3oz so it is working for him too LOL.

He was going 6-7 hour stretches at night once we started supplementing with formula. Then he had his 6 wk growth spurt and was only going 4 hrs at a time at most. He is FINALLY back onto his regular schedule (thank goodness) and I can finally get some sleep again LOL.

Oh and his big goofy smiles are great! I love that he is increasing his awake/playful time slowly but surely. Cole has such a great little personality.

He is also being treated for reflux right now (on Zantac) because he keeps projectile puking after he eats... esp in the evenings. Only been on it a few days, but the projectiles have slowed to just large spit-ups and he is in less pain.

Leigh
Mom to Cole 6/28/06

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-10-2006 - 1:03pm

Sebastian has only smiled a big old smile a couple of times but it is the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to see it again!

6-7 hours of sleep sounds great. We haven't had one of those stretches yet!

Anyone else?

Nathalie
Mama to Sebastian (6/29/06)

sorry so short... he is nursing again so I'm typing one handed!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-10-2006 - 1:25pm

Hayden's 7 weeks, but i was due the 26th so i got to know the ladies of this due date week.

We're exclusively breastfeeding, and he's always gone at least one 4hr stretch since we brought him home. Granted, that 4hrs could be from 3-7 or 5-9 (LOVE that one cuz i can't get back to sleep!!). Lately though, he's been eating at 11, asleep by 11:30 and up around 5:30/6. so he'll sleep for about 6 hrs, but will go w/o eating for 7.
The other night, though, he fell asleep at 11:30, was up at 3, up at 6, and up at 10. HATED that night!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-10-2006 - 3:51pm

I wasn't sure if I should stay with this group either, but I am with Stephanie that I got used to the ladies in this week. Tait was born 6/22/06.

He is on formula and his day stretches are usually only 3hrs and he will eat about 5-6ozs! At night the longest he has gone is 5 hours maybe once or twice, it was GREAT! He is huge though if you ask me, he is at least 24 inches now and at least 12lbs.

Stephanie- I still have not updated my account so I can not post pics of Tait. I have your e-mail so I am going to e-mail some to you. I saw Haydens pics of him asleep, how cute!!