June 6-10 DDB Week 8/7

iVillage Member
June 6-10 DDB Week 8/7
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 10:10am

Wow, I'm the first one to post! That's never happened before :o) How is everybody doing? I'm fine, here. Just sitting at work waiting to pump - I'm supposed to be called into a meeting soon to give a proposal. It should take all of 5-10 minutes but I can't go in until they call me, and in the meantime I am sitting here starting to hurt! Working and pumping sucks sometimes.

Anyway, hope everybody had a good weekend. Mine was fun, although not very restful. Remember how, before you had kids/a kid weekends meant lounging around catching up on sleep? That's what mine were, anyway. Now I get more sleep during the week! We took Matthew up to Lake Michigan. We only live about 30 miles away, so we go up to a little town on the lake called St. Joseph sometimes just to have dinner and walk around a bit. We got to the restaurant at about 6:30pm, and had to wait about half an hour for a table. Matthew was awake the whole time - then I had to feed him so he was awake for that. We walked to get some ice cream and then took him to the beach so we could get some pictures of him with his feet in the water. He was STILL awake through all of that! He finally zonked out on the way back to the car. I figured he would sleep really well that night, but no. He was awake every 2-3 hours :o( Normally he sleeps for about 6 hours when he first lays down, so yeah. Not a restful weekend.

Well, that's about it. They're bound to call me into this stupid meeting soon. Hopefully, anyway, or I might 'splode all over! Have a good week, everybody.

www.kharney.blogspot.com

Kris
Baby Matthew 5/30/06

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 12:07pm

Kris - Wow - You did have a busy weekend.

Kimmy and Jay V-day siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 12:15pm

Hi everyone,

I have two stupid ?s that I have been meaning to ask.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 1:05pm

Becky,

KWIM took me forever to figure out!! I believe that it means Know What I Mean? And the posting awards are for how many posts you have.

Kris
Baby Matthew 5/30/06

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 1:23pm

Kris - Thank you so much.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 2:35pm

Kris, it sounds like you had a fun weekend! And yeah, kids do that! I know this but I still freak out when Audrey is havin ga sleepy day, even though it usually means she'll sleep great that night. Part of me still is afraid she'll be up all night if she slept all day. Same is true for if she's awake a lot during the day, she's awake most of the night as well. It's weird! She seems to go in 48 hour cycles though, she'll have 2 days of great sleep, 2 days of not so great sleep. It's annoying! :)

Marcia- I'm sorry youhad to go back to work, but I hope it's going well! Update us tonight if you can and let us know, okay?

Becky- I'm the same way,w hen both kids are sleeping (SOOOO rare, lol, usually once one goes down, the other wakes up) I know I need to do stuff but part of me is like "oh, i just need a short break...."

Well, I scared myself, lol. DH and I broke the rules about no sex for a week and had sex yesterday. TMI, I know, but then last night he started to hurt really bad and he had this spot that looked like it might be a blood clot and I was freaking out, I just knew I'd broken him, lol. Turns out it's just normal swelling and his doctor told him it's okay to resume all normal activities, so phew. But still.....freaked me out. ;)

We had my brother and sil and their kids over for dinner last night and I got a glimpse into my future, lol. They have a litlte girl and boy who are 24 months apart (Jack and Audrey are 21 months apart) and their ages are 3 and 18 months. They would play together really well then all of a sudden they'd start fighting and both be screaming, lol. They egg each other on too when they are doing something they aren't supposed to...I don't think they stopped moving the entire time they were here. WOW, my life is gonna be very very very busy in about

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 11:54pm

I survived the peds appt. He screamed, but no sound came out until the third shot was being given. he immediately went to sleep after leaving the peds office. Once he woke up an hour and a half later, that's when he really kicked in. Been giving him pain meds and he really liked tasting something that has a different flavor.

Now he's just back to resisting falling asleep. So one more round of nursing before gong down for the night. Happy no more shots for 2 mos! My JB now weighs 10 # 11 oz! I've been toting 2 sugar sacks in the snugli!

Syb

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 5:45am

Syb - I am glad that his appoinment went well - his weight is great. I am sorry that he had to have shots. Yuck, poor baby.

Becky - Did you get the stuff done that you wanted to yesterday? I hope so

Kris - That is so cute about putting his feet into the water. It has been so hot here that we barely take Jackson out to put him into the car. Football seasons starts next month for us and I am just praying that it cools down a little bit so that I can show off my little Auburn Tiger.

Everything went okay yesterday. We were in meetings all days so I did not get a lot of work done in my classroom. Today we have county wide meetings so we will see how much work I get done then. Tonight is also open house so I will get to meet alot of my families and kids. I really like that. I only got to pump twice yesterday, but it made 3 bottles, so maybe it will work. I am praying so. Except I fed Jackson at 7:30 because he was hungry and I went to bed at 9:30. Well, I thought that dh was going to give him his bottle at 10:30 and I would do the next feeding. Well, he must have fed him a bm bottle twice because Jackson did not get up until 4. So now I have fed Jackson and pumped the rest. I hope that everyone has a great day. See you tonight.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 8:41am

Hello ladies!

Becky- Spotsylvania is below Fredericksburg. It is like halfway between D.C and Richmond. I kinda know where Frederick is. I would say it's like an hour and a half away from me. The only problem for me to meet everyone is Me and DH only have 1 vehicle and he takes it all the way to work(like 1 hour away) so I am always stuck in this house!!!! Hope you got everything accomplished that you wanted to!

Sybil- Glad to hear your little one did okay with the shots! He sounds like he is growing well! Hope he has a better day today. It took Miguel about 2 days before he was back to his old self!

Marcia- I was thinking of you all day yesterday! Sounds like it went okay! I know it must be hard, I couldn't imagine! Sending you (((HUGS))) Wow! sound like pumping works for you! I never could pump, I would try and the milk just wouldn't come out! It's like my body knows that's not a baby! LOL! So he just stricly eats off me! But that is okay for me since I stay at home! Hope you have a great day today and you enjoy youself!!

Katie- Sounds scary with the scare! I would've freaked out too!!! Everything will be okay with your 2 kids growing up! All of my kids are like 19-20 1/2 months apart. They play well and fight well too. But it is cool to see them play together!

Kris- So glad you got to travel! Love seing the pic with his feet in the water! Hope you are having a great week!

as for me, I got stuck going grocery shopping at 10:30pm. It was just me and Miguel. he was soo good, The only problem was I used to work nights at Wal-mart and I know like everyone that works 10pm-7am. I used to work 7pm to 3am, and then wake up with the kids at 6:30am. It was soo hard. I quit when I was 4 months pregnant with Miguel cause the stress and lack of sleep were killing me! But anyway my point was at every corner someone was stopping me to talk. I just wanted to get out of there and go to sleep KWIM??

But I didn't get home til 12:30 and didn't get to bed til 1:30. Then the boys woke up at6:00am. So I am soo tired right now! Oh well that is what motherhood is all about! I have got to do alot today! I have soo much laundry! I hoping to get all of my stuff done today! Wish me luck ladies! Hope everyone is having a great day! Love you girls!!!

Daisypath Ticker

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 9:08am

Syb - Sorry about your baby's shots :o( I hope he gets to feeling better very soon! I guess I was lucky - Matthew screamed for all of one minute during and after his shots, and then never really acted like they bothered him again. He slept a little more than usual the next day, but he wasn't cranky or acting like he was in pain at all. I think the doctor said that reactions tend to get worse with the 4 and 6 month vaccines, though, so we'll see how he acts. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all of our babies will do just fine!

Marcia - Glad to hear that the pumping worked out for you. I've been pumping twice a day too, and get enough for about 2.5 bottles. Which was just fine since Matthew was only eating twice while I was gone (I feed him right before I leave the apartment and right after I get home). Now, though, he's decided that he needs to get up 2 or 3 times a night again, after he had started to sleep for 6 hours at a time. So DH usually ends up giving him a bottle at night. I had about 8 or 9 bottles worth of milk stored up before I went back to work so it's OK for now, but if he continues with this for much longer I'm going to have to start pumping 3 times a day. Which really would be a pain, but I guess I'd make it work if I had to. Good luck with your continued pumping!

Sarah - I'm an evening grocery shopper as well! Although I normally go around 7:00 or 8:00pm on Sundays. Walmart isn't quite so busy then. If I try to go during the day on a weekend there's no room to push the freakin' shopping cart! I usually leave Matthew home with DH, but I took him along last weekend. He slept most of the time, except for when I accidentally dropped a 10 pound bag of sugar into the cart heavier than I meant to (we drink a lot of iced tea LOL). His little eyes popped open and he SCREAMED bloody murder. I shushed him and stuck his paci into his mouth, though, and he quieted down pretty quick. That was the only incident :o) Glad that Miguel was good for you.

Well, I guess that's it for today. Not much going on here, really. I'm pretty tired now that Matthew is up a few times at night again. I take the first feeding, and then DH has to get up with him the rest of the night. So last night I fed him at 1:00am and DH had to get up at 3:00am. I told DH that Matthew had eaten 2 hours ago and that he probably didn't need fed, but he warmed up a bottle anyway. And then got mad at me when Matthew only drank an ounce and a half. Well I told him! He is pretty bad with getting up at night - I worried that he might be when I went back to work (I got up with him when I was on maternity leave and DH very rarely did), but I had hoped that it would be OK. I think it will be, but he sure is crabby now at night. Oh well - welcome to my world honey! LOL Have a great day ladies!

Kris
Baby Matthew 5/30/06

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 6:25pm

Kris - Don't you hate nights like those? You expect to get atleast a decent couple of hours in to sleep and then all of a sudden the baby is waking you up way to early!

Sybil - Welcome :)

Marcia - Sounds like things so far are going well with work! Hope they continue to work out!

Sarah - Sorry to hear it was a rough night! I hope you get more sleep tonight!

Happy Anniversary to me! :) Today is my and dh's 4 year anniversary! He left me a really sweet card beside the bed when he went to work today :) We have a tradition where we get our picture taken every year on our anniversary so that in 50 years we'll be able to look back at each year (we also write a little about the previous year to put with the picture in the scrap book) but I can't decide if we should make it a family picture this year or still just the two of us! I'd never really thought about it before we have kids and now I just can't decide which idea I like best! I haven't asked dh yet what he thinks, maybe I should! lol...

He should be home within the next hour! We're probably just going to have a quiet night and not do much since we went to dinner and the concert last friday but I'm still excited to see him! I love that man so much! I can't imagine my life without him. There are days I'm sure I could complain about him to no end but he really is so good to me. He's a loving husband and father. He's so cute with Charity. That little girl doesn't just have him wrapped around her pinky but all of her finger! He used to call his parents maybe once every two weeks (he's not a big phone person) and now he's calling them all the time to tell them about Charity. It's so cute. Everytime I take pictures of her he's making sure I'm sending them to everyone so that other people can see them. The cute pictures of her that I showed a couple weeks ago (the black and white ones) he said they'd be better if I wasn't in the picture (he didn't mean that in a bad way!) but because I was blocking Charity. lol... Yeah, he almost got in trouble for that one.

Well, I guess that was my little rave about Dennis cuz he really is a wonderful man. Well, not much else is going on... Oh, I packed up Charity's 0-3 month clothes last week and got out the 3-6 month. My little girl is growing so fast! And she is such a little talker. I keep trying to record her on my cell phone so I can use it as a ringer when DH calls :) but she'll be talking and talking and the minute I turn it on to record she stops! Then once I stop recording she starts talking again! Silly girl. I'll get it one day...

Well, hope everyone's week goes well and can't wait to hear more from everyone! Oh, it was great last week to hear how you ladies met your dh! No matter how it happened, we're all glad it happened!

Sarah
Charity 5/18/06
http://home.comcast.net/~sarahjy/images/smile02.jpg

Pages