May Babies: Week 8/1

iVillage Member
May Babies: Week 8/1
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 5:43pm

I know there are a lot of May Mommies/babies that have stayed on the June board so I thought we could start a buddy club here. I tried going over to the May board, posted a few times but I just didn't feel comfortable.

How is everyone doing with their 2 month olds? Ben is getting so big. He weighed 8.4 at birth and now weighs 13lbs!! He is now starting with those really funny belly laughs. I remember the first time Josh did that at this age and he actually scared himself and started crying. As much as I hated seeing him cry, it was so funny!!

Hope everyone is feeling good and getting into some sort of routine. Any little one's sleeping through the night? Ben goes anywhere from 6-9 hours now. My first was the same. I'm very blessed.

Hope everyone has a good night!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket 

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 5:58pm
Hey! I am a May mommy also ... Andrew is 3 months old today (may 1)!! He has been sleeping as well as yours (we are lucky!) Keep in touch!
Donna
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 7:57pm

Hi. I'm a May mommy as well that has decided to stay with the June board :) I lurk some on the May board but it just doesn't feel like "home" the way the June board does.

It's amazing, Charity is 2 1/2 months now (born May 18th) and it's crazy to think about how much has happened in the last 2 1/2 months. How much we've gone through, how much she's grown and changed, how nice it is to not be pregnant anymore! :)

Charity was born at 7lbs 3 oz and at her 2 month check-up she weighed 10lbs 6oz! She's now starting to grow out of her 0-3 month clothes! She hasn't even gotten to wear everything yet! And we just switched over to size 2 diapers!

Sounds like Ben is sleeping great! Charity had been doing really well but now she has 1-2 4 hour stretches and then wants to eat every 3 hours again... I'm thinking maybe a growth spurt? I hope she starts sleeping well again soon!

Sarah
Charity 5/18/06
http://home.comcast.net/~sarahjy/images/month2_02.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 10:08pm
Good idea! Hope you don't mind if I join, I was due June 19th, but Rhynn came via C/S on May 29th!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"'Cause love's such an old-fashioned word, and love dares you to care for the people on th
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-01-2006 - 11:25pm

I was due June 20th, but Sean arrived May 26th. He's doing really well - we had his 2 month appt yesterday and the doctor said "After a slow start, he's taking off like a missile!" He was 6lb 8oz at birth, but now weighs 12lb 14oz, so just 2oz shy of double his birth weight. Big boy!

I have found that dairy in my diet gives him cramps and gas pains, and makes him generally very fussy, so I've cut out dairy and it's made a HUGE difference.

He's doing pretty well at night, but we have a ways to go!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-02-2006 - 1:25am
Rhynn and Emily were born on the same day! She was 37 weeks and was 4 lbs 13 ounces. She is now close to 9 pounds! I can't believe it! NOT sleeping through the night. Maybe 4 hour stretch if I am lucky. She has terrible gas and reflux. I am giving her some liquid stuff from the Dr. for the reflux but don't know what to do about the gas. Mylecon doesn't really help, nor did gripe water. For those who cut out dairy-how much? Everything that has dairy in it like salad dressing and pancakes? I can't seem to think of anything I COULD eat if I cut it all out! Help!
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-02-2006 - 1:43am
Hi Melissa - Ben and Alex have the same birthday!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-02-2006 - 10:10am

Hey May Momma's...

It's so nice to see all of you here!! I'm glad we decided to stay on this board!!

Yeah for all the babies gaining weight, that's awesome!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-02-2006 - 10:48am

What a good idea...our "June" babies differ in age so much, many of us are exeriencing much different milestones than others. I too, do not feel as comfy on the May board.

Baby Gage was born May 29, 2006...7:27 AM in Tecumseh, Michigan.
8 lbs, 1 oz., 21 1/2 inches (actually about 20 inches, nurse measured wrong)

He is getting to be so much fun! I am so attatched. How many breastfeeders do we have in this group? I'm down to part time now, my milk just won't keep up with baby anymore. But he does well on formula too. He hold his head up steady most of the time, he laughs, and his feet and belly are ticklish!

His next appointment is on the 8th...he gets his first round of shots :( poor guy. I'm guessing he'll weigh in at about 14 pounds.

I'll try to post a pic later!

Melanie
Jacalyn 2/11/03
Gage 5/29/06

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-02-2006 - 5:52pm

Ian arrived on 5/11 at 36weeks.

Amy  

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-02-2006 - 9:01pm

Hi all!! My little one was born May 25th at 1pm. She was 3 weeks early, origional due date was June 13th. Her name is Alivia Rachel. She was 7lb/4oz 20 1/2 in long. I am not sure how long she is but her last dr appt she was 11lb/7oz. Still in size 1 diapers though. She is long and skinny. I love it when she smiles, the 1st time I saw a 'social smile' from her I cried! Thanks for starting this group, I did not feel comfortable in the May group either.

Michele

Alivia Rachel born May 25th, 2006

Lilypie - Personal picture

Pages