*May Babies... week 8/7*

iVillage Member
*May Babies... week 8/7*
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 9:13am

So how was everyones weekend? I'm still trying to get used to going out with 2 little ones. Things like going to the grocery store has now become a challange. My Mom went away for the weekend and we took care of her 2 huge dogs who really aren't kid friendly. Luckily, my hubby is a wonderful help.

Ben slept for most of the day yesterday. He was feeling fine, just really sleepy. He likes the weekends b/c Daddy doesn't have to go to work. He likes it when Daddy and only Daddy puts him in his swing. I can't do it or he starts crying within minutes. Don't know why.

Lets have a great week ladies!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket 

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 8:36pm

Our weekend was good we took Alivia to our friends wedding reception and she was so good! I think her favorite part was the lights that the dj had going. She was mesmorized (sp)!!! Sunday we had my dad over. We had to pick baby girl up at the sitters early today, she caught a cold and had a fever. She is feeling better now just a little congested and drippy. So we are taking it easy tonight, hopefully things will get better this week!! Have a good week all!!!!!

Michele

Alivia Rachel May 25th (edd was June 13th)

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-07-2006 - 9:49pm

Hi girls, I meant to respond to several of you earlier, but things have been hectic around here. My DH just graduated from grad school, and has been unable to find a job around here. So, we have to pick up and moved to another city four hours away. We didn't want to leave...we lived in our basement for the last four months of my pregnancy while he remodeled the entire main floor of our house...all that work and we have to move! Plus, I don't want to leave my job. Having a new baby makes things especially difficult.

But, I should be able to find a job there no problem. I work in PR and there are agencies in any decent size city...DH, on the other hand, works in sports medicine and there are only so many of those jobs in any given college town. So, we have to finish the remodel, clean up our yard (between the pregnancy and DH focusing on the inside, our landscaping is a mess), find responsible renters since the housing market has tanked and we won't get top value back for what we put into the house...plus my account coordinator quit so I'm working 20 or so hours a week from home.

WHEW! I think Addison and I are going to stay here for a couple of months until we get the move worked out and I find a job...BUT STILL. Major stress.

Anyway...Addison gets her shots Wednesday. Wish us luck! That also happens to be the first time I leave her with a babysitter all day. She has had a rough couple of days because I thought I could have a couple of diet Cokes without affecting her. Well, I was wrong about that. :)

Melissa (honeybee2877), I hear you! DH and I were married 9 years before we decided to have kids. We always knew we wanted them, but it took many many years before we were unselfish enough to actually do it. Now we're in our mid-30s and realized it was time to get with the program. I can't believe we waited so long!

Niki -- sorry to hear about your divorce. Props to you...raising four kids on your own!

Melissa (lissa617) -- I think swaddling has been the real key. The other "S" tips work, but sometimes can be hit or miss. I still have to go through quite a process sometimes before she chills out. Especially the past few nights...but I hope that's just the effects from the diet coke.

Karyn -- sooo jealous of your sleeping schedule. Please share your techniques!

Michele -- that's too bad your little girl is sick already. Are you a seasoned mom, or a first-timer?

Michelle
Addison born May 29

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 12:39am
Hey guys, just checking in. I am not too familiar with everyone here-thought we should do a little info sharing!
Baby's name: Emily
Birthdate: May 29
Due Date: June 21
Where your from: Tucson, Arizona
Any other kids? Nope.
Going back to work? Yes, part time.
What things are you baby doing right now? Smiling a lot, holding her head up a lot more.
Uh, and anything else you can think of!
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 1:12am

Hi all,

pregnancy week by week
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 1:26am

Baby's name: Alex

Birthdate: May 31

Due Date: June 15

Where your from: CA

Any other kids? 4 yr old boy and 2 yr old girl

Going back to work? SAHM for as long as possible

What things are you baby doing right now? Smiling a lot, cooing, almost wants to laugh

Lisa ~ Proud Mommy to Drew, Livvy, and Alex!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 8:20am

Carrie, that's a great idea!

Baby's name: Addison
Due Date: June 7
Where you're from: Living in Bloomington, IN, moving to St. Louis
Any other kids? Nope
Going back to work? Yes...probably going back full time Sept. 1st. Working part time from home now.

What things are your baby doing right now? Smiling, cooing a lot (so darn cute), holding her head up really well. She wants to stand up SO BAD! We help her stand up then support her with our hands around her chest. The look on her face is so priceless.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 8:50am

This is a great idea!!

Baby's name: Miguel
Birthdate: May 25
Due Date: June 9
Where your from: Spotsylvania, Virginia
Any other kids? Stepson Tony (14). DS#1 Jeovani(5), DS#2 Jose aka Tito (3), DD Elena (almost 2)
Going back to work? Nope. It would cost way too much money for me to work! I have too many kids! LOL!
What things are you baby doing right now? He smiles all over himself, He "talks" to me all the time. He laughs when he is tickled, He holds his head up perfect, He rolls over, He also stands up in the walker! He is soo strong!

Daisypath Ticker

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 10:30am

Good idea...

Baby's name: Benjamin Michael (Ben)

Birthdate: May 31

Due Date: June 12

Where you're from: Goergia

Any other kids? Joshua (2.5 yrs old)

Going back to work? I'm a WAHM

What things are your baby doing right now? cooing, cooing and lots more cooing. Laughing, smiling, holds head up for a while, sleeping through the night :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 11:16am

Baby's name: Gage Lee

Due Date: June 3

Where you're from: Michigan

Any other kids? Jacalyn, age 3 1/2

Going back to work? I'm trying to find a job...I was unexpectedly replaced when I took maternity leave. Just fighting for unemployment and looking for work.

Baby goes for his first shots today!

Melanie

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-08-2006 - 12:35pm

Baby's name: Ian
Birthdate: May 11
Due Date: June 5
Where your from: Northern Virginia
Any other kids? 1 older boy- 3.5 years old
Going back to work? I'm working part time from home, but planning on quitting anyday now.
What things are you baby doing right now? Smiling a lot, cooing and laughing, kicking- hard- with his legs.

Question for you all:

Amy  

Pages