Acne?

iVillage Member
Acne?
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 10:13am

Dylan is having quite the issue with acne.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: crit99
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 11:16am
I've never personally tried it, but I know a lot of people who swear by proactive.

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 12:27pm
Missi has some good advice. Around here, we use spot-on treatments. Just make sure he doesn't get it on his good clothes or towels. It will dry the skin out at first. He needs to make sure he washes his face every night before bed and changes his pillow case every other day. Really. Acne stinks. I had it SO bad in my early 20s. It was so gross!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 2:07pm

Proactiv is a pretty good formula, but pricey. I use this product with lots of success (have used it for about 6 years and have had the most luck with it) :https://www.clearandsmoothskin.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1 They also make this in a formula for teenagers, a bit stronger.

As a teen and in my 20s I was on Accutane, as well as, any imaginable acne treatment and antibiotic you can think of. I would suggest a dermatologist if these items don't help.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-07-2010 - 9:28pm
I'm lerking as I am a mom to April 2000 triplet daughters plus three extra kiddos. My oldest dd is 17 now but at this age we had her on prescription facial gel (retin?). It was horribly expensive ($90/tube) and one tight pay check we ran out and used Burts Bee Acne Remedy ($9) instead and it worked wonderful. She continues to use it to this day. She did receive a Proactive kit from grandma but the stuff did not work for her. So far our triplets (almost age ten) and older brother (age 12) have been using toner which they apply with cotton round wipes. I am just now getting where we need to step it up a notch and buy them some of the Burts Bee. It's hereditary as their dad is my high school sweetheart and in school he had to use tetracycline to prevent acne which is some nasty stuff.
Lisa
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-07-2010 - 9:54pm
Thanks for the information and coming out of lurkdom.
Photobucket