Here was the schools final answer

iVillage Member
Here was the schools final answer
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 9:28am

this is the email I received at 3:51 p.m. on the Friday before break.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 10:07am

GGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christol, I am absolutely STEAMING for you!!!!!!

I soooo hope that when Officer G does get in touch that he has the information you need to proceed with charges, or that he has rectified the punishment these bullies are getting through the school!!!!

I don't care that one has left, he should still be punished for what he did, not whisked away to bully another kid in another school!!!!

(((((HUGS)))))

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 10:12am

Boiling.

My blood is BOILING!

I think your response was perfect.

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 12:06pm
That is BULL! Exactly how is that zero tolerance?????
disney.jpg picture by marieef
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 10:00pm

Christol! This is absolute BS! In no way is this zero tolerance. My response is exactly what you typed. You responded perfectly! I agree with Missi's response, you should follow up with further action. They are so completely wrong! I can't believe this!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 10:45pm

Well I talked to the Principal tonight and I'm seething.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 6:45am
Christol, I'm furious!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 12:56pm

Christol, that is ridiculous! Mandatory five day suspension should be JUST that. I LOVED your letter to them. The only thing I would consider adding is a threat to the school should anything like this happen again. I am not sure of the exact legalities of it, but my half brother was being bullied in school (obviously this was YEARS ago before the zero tolerance). My step mother kept telling them and they did nothing. One day, he was jumped getting off the bus and a large kid sat on him. When he did, they broke his leg. My step mother sued the school and got a pretty hefty penny. I am not a sue happy person, but at this point, the school obviously does not feel any threat to themselves. And maybe if they DID things would change. B/c really, you have notified them of the situation and it is in their best interest to do what is right. If NOT, and it happens again (b/c this kid is going to think he can get away with it, regardless of how adamant his mother is that he not), then I would think you would have a civil claim against them. That threat wouldn't be my first choice, but they are not responding to anything else.

I can't help but get the feeling of "boys will be boys" coming from his letter to you. I seriously was waiting to read that line and it ticks me off. Even though he didn't SAY it, the tone was there. And the "oh, he's sorry, he just doesn't sound like it b/c he is embarrased" REALLY!! What an idiot and I am SO sorry you are dealing with this.

signature

signature

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 1:01pm
Just read this, OK, WTF???? That makes NO sense at all. Why, in the adult world, is that NOT the case? If you touch someone without their consent it is assault. Actually, at work, if I touch someone/do something to someone even if it is for a good reason, and they say no, *I* can be charged with assault. Why in the world would it be that a child has to leave marks? You have witnesses! I would be FURIOUS.
signature

signature

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 1:04pm

Granted, I know that exact laws can vary by state, but here is the general definition
http://definitions.uslegal.com/a/assault-and-battery/

I don't see in there anywhere that the person has to be left bloody or bruised.

signature

signature