I need ideas please

iVillage Member
I need ideas please
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 2:54pm
Gabe's birthday is Friday (yes my baby will be 6, yikes!) and I need ideas for his classmates. We have allergies in the classroom so are supposed to bring non edible gifts for each kid (26 in his class) I really hate the gift bags full of cheap plastic toys but don't want to spend a fortune either. We looked today at the dollar store and Target but nothing jumped out at me. Any ideas???
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 3:02pm
What about a packet of seeds? Something easy like Marigolds or even tomatoes would be fun for them to grow over the summer.
Annasig.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy
Annasig.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 5:08pm

Bubbles?

Squirt guns? (or are those not PC?)

Frisbees?

Jump Ropes?

Sidewalk Chalk?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 7:33pm

WOW!! I can't get over that!!!!

Here, it's cupcakes or nothing!!

I understand about the allergies, Seth is allergic to nuts & this is the first year he hasn't been in Eloise's class. I always make nut free cakes anyway. Also, his Mum provided some cupcakes that are safe for him & they are in the staff freezer for when someone in his class brings cakes.

I can't get over that you have to provide a small gift for each child for your kids birthday!!!

How about fancy pencils with erasers on the end or something similar.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 8:31pm

Thanks for the ideas guys, I'm going to go to Party city tomorrow and see what I can find. Of course you don't have to give something to the class but everyone does so....

and just a side note that we have an egg allergy as well as peanut so I think that is why they decided to go this route. I was going to make egg free cupcakes (I've made egg free cookies for their parties) but they are having an ice cream party that day because they brought in the most Campbell soup labels in the whole school for the year so.....that would just be sugar overload!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 3:29pm
Hmm...Nat had allergies in her classroom too, but I just checked with the mom to see what treats she could eat (nothing baked from home) and I took in Krispy Kreme.

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 5:35pm
I found some cute star shaped sunglasses and got those, hopefully the kids will like them. Gabe seemed to approve!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 11:56pm
I was wondering what you got.
Photobucket