Layla

iVillage Member
Layla
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 10:42am

I posted new pics on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2040233&id=1095879145&l=91f66c6aad

We took her to the doctor yesterday and she weighs 8 lbs. 6 oz. She's getting big!

She is so cute, I can hardly stand it. lol

Regina is doing really well breastfeeding her. They're still getting into a schedule but otherwise everything is going really well. Layla did get sick twice on Thanksgiving. So we figured that Regina can't eat either green bean casserole, stuffing or corn casserole. Those are the three things she ate both times Layla got sick.

Regina has had two "attacks". We're not sure what they are. I immediately thought gall bladder because of what Missi went through. I looked up gall bladder attack and it could be what it is. She gets bad pain under her breastbone and in her upper back. She was freaking out last night. She wouldn't relax. I never can tell with her how bad it really is. She doesn't know how to explain pain either. Is it burning, cramping, etc? She ended up throwing up last night. The attacks both lasted about a half hour each. The first night, she ate ramen noodles. Last night she ate lil smokies with barbecue sauce (I know, not really a good choice but we're short on food and it's what we had lol). I am thinking it might just be indigestion, acid reflux, etc. I know that when I went to the doctor (I think when Joey was a baby) when I had acid reflux, there were times it was so bad I felt like I was having a heart attack. Couldn't breathe, etc. Felt like someone was standing on my chest. Indigestion CAN be that bad. One time a few years ago, I took Regina to the ER because she was freaking out about stomach pain so bad that I thought maybe it was her appendix. Guess what it was? Indigestion. So who knows with her. So now, we're going to take it easy with all foods. Everything will be mild for awhile. Which is really the way I should be eating anyway with all of MY stomach issues. lol

Missi, what do you think? Does it sound like gall bladder to you?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: beanersmom
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 11:27am

I'm no expert on gall bladders.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 11:30am

My IBS can give me attacks like that, so I feel her pain literally.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 12:16pm
What a sweet sweet baby!! I am loving the pics. Hey...where did you get the bouncy seat at? My sister is going to do a frog theme and that would be perfect.
I agree with everyone else....it could be gallbladder (which is SO common after having a baby) or an acid reflex type thing. I live on Zantac and there are times when I get the heart attack pain as well. Hopefully the bland diet is enough to help and she does fine from here on out.
signature

signature

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 12:41pm

Thanks ladies. Barbara, you are completely correct. I told Regina that last night about her eating. She actually does eat pretty well normally. We're just going to have to REALLY watch it.

Christol, I have had similar symptoms as well when I have an IBS attack. And I had to laugh at the apple on an empty stomach. Same here. I can't eat raw veggies or fruit on an empty stomach. Ouch!

We're just going to have to really watch it. It could be gall bladder, IBS or indigestion. *sigh*

Christy, here is a link to the bouncy seat:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3537189

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 3:00pm

She is PERFECT!!!!!

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 10:51pm
Thanks, Missi. Regina has a doctor's appt on Thursday. We will ask then. Hopefully she won't have any more attacks.

Photobucket