Pics on Facebook!!!!!!

iVillage Member
Pics on Facebook!!!!!!
Fri, 11-13-2009 - 5:22pm

http://www.facebook.com/album.php'>http://www.facebook.com/album.php'>http://www.facebook.com/album.php

Thanks ladies for all the lovely thoughts! You guys are so great!

Thanks Christol for being my messenger! :)

You guys, it was ROUGH! Regina's water broke around 10:15 on Wednesday night after a whole day's worth of contractions. We got to the hospital around 11:00 p.m. and she was dilated to 4. She received an epidural around 5:00 a.m. and she was still dilated to 4 at that time. It took her HOURS to dilate to 5 and 6 and then hours more to dilate to 7! Regina's blood pressure was low, Layla's heart rate was low, she was in distress. At about 2:30 p.m., 15 1/2 hours later, the midwife made the decision to call in the doctor and an emergency c-section was in order. I was FREAKING out! I was so scared. I prayed and prayed. But obviously, everything turned out just fine. Layla is perfect. Regina is doing well. In pain, as expected but otherwise she is great. She was SUCH a trooper! She had planned on doing it natural but she was so tired and it was just too much for her to bear. She's disappointed about the c-section but it had to be done. I think they'll be home on Sunday. Rhiannon and Joey aren't allowed at the hospital because of the whole flu thing. No kids under 15 are allowed. So that stinks! They are so excited to meet Layla.

So now what you ladies have to look forward to is lots of baby talk, Layla this, Layla that and tons of baby pics! :)

Thanks again everyone! Love you all!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-13-2009 - 7:47pm

Congrats Carmen.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-14-2009 - 8:36am

Wow! What a story!!! How's everything going with the bf and his family?!

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-14-2009 - 9:18am
Yes, Devin and his mom were at the hospital the entire time. I sucked it up and acted like an adult and was civil to his mom. Actually, we got along very well. Maybe that was in God's plan to stick us in a room together for over 15 hours. lol I'm still not too keen on her but we'll see how it goes. Devin is totally IN LOVE with Layla. It's so cute. Hopefully things will continue to go well.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-14-2009 - 12:17pm

I can imagine how scared you both were.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-14-2009 - 3:41pm
She's precious Carmen, please tell Regina congrats from us!!! Sorry to hear that she had such a rough time but as Kelley said all that matters is that she is here safe and sound!!! When will they come home? Glad to hear that Devin and his mom were there and everyone got along. We'll have to figure out when we can come over and meet her!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-15-2009 - 5:44pm
What a Cutie Carmen. I so wish I could give her a cuddle!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-15-2009 - 8:12pm

Thanks ladies for all the kind words, as always. The girls came home last night. We had a rough night. We ended up giving Layla a bottle but guess what? Today she's been nursing just fine. Had her first "seedy poop" and everything! :) Tomorrow Layla has a doctor's appointment because she is a breastfed baby. I think she's doing great. Regina is still in pain as expected. She's taking Vicodin as needed.

Lauri, you guys will definitely have to come visit. :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-15-2009 - 10:58pm
HUGS to all and congrats. She is absolutely beautiful! I am sorry things were so scary for all of you....but I am glad things turned out good. Tons of easy recovery vibes to miss regina. I saw in the pics that you went to teh OR with her....did that create any drama with dad's family? Did his mom behave herself? HUGS to all.....
signature

signature

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 8:06am

Carmen, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 12:07pm
Am I missing the updates?
signature

signature

Pages