QsOTD

iVillage Member
QsOTD
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 9:31am

Ready for school??

Supplies bought?

Anything new/different you had to buy this year?

Clothes purchased?

Favorite outfit??

Did you have to buy a new backpack or lunchbox?  What does it look like?

What time does school start??

Is it a new school this year??

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: crit99
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 10:08am

Supplies bought?  They are.

Anything new/different you had to buy this year?  Scientific Calculator

Clothes purchased?  Waiting for uniform pants to go on sale.

Favorite outfit??   Shoes are the only thing she can get funky with and she's still deciding what she wants, but it looks like NEON is in my future.

Did you have to buy a new backpack or lunchbox?  She needed both this year but the backpack is nothing special.  Here is her new lunchbox, lol:smileywink: Lunch Box ARCTIC ZONE

What time does school start?? 9:00

Is it a new school this year??  Nope, she's in a 6th-8th.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 11:25am

Supplies bought? yes

Anything new/different you had to buy this year? Noah had to have a drawstring backpack. The regular backpacks are illegal. 

Clothes purchased? yes 

Favorite outfit?? my boys don't care about clothes, yet :smileyhappy:

Did you have to buy a new backpack or lunchbox? yes, a drawstring backpack. 

What does it look like?  It's Nike and blue/black. 

What time does school start?? not sure about hs.  Elem. starts at 8:05 but kids get off bus at 7:45.  Noah will go with me to elem and hop a bus to hs when the elem kids get off.  I'm thinking it may be 8:10???  mother of the year:smileywink:

Is it a new school this year??  yes, he will head to the hs because it is 7-12.  they have separate classes than the hs kids, but are all grouped together.  They even do 7-12 dances.  yikes!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 11:28am

Ready for school?? NO!  :smileywink:

Supplies bought?  No.  I saw that Walmart has started their supplies sale, so I probably better be checking Owen and Natalie's list.  Mariah won't know until after the first week of school, since there is no universal high school supply list.  It depends on what teachers she gets.

Anything new/different you had to buy this year?  Not that I'm aware of

Clothes purchased?  Yes, mostly.  I have, however, let them wear their new clothes.  It seems a waste to have clothes sit in a closet all summer, so we'll save one outfit, but they've been getting new summer clothes all along, so they're about good!  :smileyhappy:  Owen needs shoes still.

Favorite outfit??  Nat has already picked out her first day of school outfit.  It's navy and white, gingham shorts and a long sleeved heather grey T from abercrombie.  

Did you have to buy a new backpack or lunchbox?  What does it look like?  The girls will still use their Vera Bradley, but Mariah's needs sewn.  I got Owen a new Avengers backpack.  Mariah could use a new lunch box.  

What time does school start??  Mariah 7:50, Natalie 7:55, Owen 8:50

Is it a new school this year??  Only for Owen!!  :smileyhappy:

I need to take inventory and see where I stand.  All kids are pretty good on clothes.  Owen needs new athletic shoes and possibly a pair of keens.  Both the girls have their running shoes and running clothes.  All three have gotten several new outfits this summer, that we're counting as school clothes.  I feel like I'm standing pretty good.  I'm not beating myself up with the..."gotta have 7 new outfits, new shoes, new underwear, new...blah, blah, blah...".  They're setting ok on summer clothes, which is what they'll start in and wear until November.  October I'll have to buy jeans, but I'm not doing it until then as who knows how much they'll grow.  Nat has bulked up so I see her shooting up here in the next couple of months.  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 11:32am
Heck, I haven't even thought about Max's clothes. He'll wear shorts for the first month but he has ONE pair of jeans that fit him but he won't go shopping. He said, "I hate jeans", well he's not running around in track pants all year or you know what, maybe he will cuz other than the cost..I don't care!:smileywink:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 11:36am
That's interesting that regular backpacks are "illegal". Claire would be BUMMING because her backpack is bursting with her text books and a drawstring can't hold more than one book and a notebook.

And, 7-12th grade dances....ummm, I'm not big on that idea either. I don't want 12th grade boys eyeing my 7th grade daughter or a puke senior picking on my Freshman son. It's funny that bothers me since Claire goes to a school where 9-12th are "in" the building BUT our school keeps them completely and totally separate by floors, there is even 2 different libraries. Guess the dance thing threw me off?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 11:49am
Kelley, I hope your kids NEVER care. Max is a Faaareak about his sporting equipment. Doesn't have to be top of the line, but it has to fit "just so". His clothing...yeah, he doesn't care about "brand", he cares about "feel". Have you ever tried to shop for "feel", it's a nightmare AND he doesn't like to shop!! He's pretty flexible when it comes to shoes but tyically has Nikes or Adias because he has a narrow foot but added bonus is he kinda needs a 12 1/4:smileywink: Joys of parenting.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 12:00pm
I remember vividly the "School clothes" hanging that you couldn't wear. In MN, they were always painfully warm, the cords and sweaters that you bought in anticipation of the colder weather and you'd COOK in September but by god, you had to wear them because you were SO excited. I did that with my kids until a couple of years ago and then they started wearing their summer stuff in September with the exception of the "first" day outfit and I didn't typically shop until October. Now..for Claire, I LOVE the uniform, LOVE IT!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 7:20pm

Really, Christol? I refuse to answer any of these questions! LOL

Photobucket