QsOTD

iVillage Member
QsOTD
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 9:03am

Totally stole these because I don't think it's anything we've ever discussed...

What were / are your grandparents names on both sides?

Do you remember them?

Where did / do they live?

Did

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: crit99
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 5:52am
What were your grandparents names on both sides?
Dads parents were Philip & Gwendolyn
Mums parents were Leonard & Marjorie (Madge)

Do you remember them?
Yes. Dads dad died when I was about 12 or 13. I remember him & his 'wooden' leg well!! He had a motorbike accident when he was 21 & lost his leg, I'm sure it wasn't actually made of wood, but that's what we thought!! I can still hear him hopping down the hallway at night to the bathroom!! I also remember him being a chain smoker, lighting each smoke off the one before!!!
Grandma died when I was about 4 months pregnant with Addison. We didn't see them all that often, about once a year, they lived around 3 hours from us, which in the UK is a long drive, here it's nothing!!!
Mums dad only died 4 years ago. He was 88! He was lovely, very quiet, unless he found something funny, then he had this big booming laugh! He was great for a cuddle! He would keep his hearing aid turned off coz Nanna never stops talking!! I miss him a lot :-(
Nanna is still with us 92 & going strong, still living by herself!! She is a big woman with a strong mind & I fully believe her when she says that when her knees give out (she's had both replaced) & she can't get around on her own & needs a nursing home that she'll be off!! I think she will definately be able to die at will!!! I don't see her often anymore as we are in different states but she'll be here in a few weeks for my cousins baby's christening. I'm lucky to be one of her favourites, you always know where you stand!! I'm a face because I keep her updated with photos of the kids & videos of Eloise dancing. I'm a favourite, but the sun shines out of Eloise!!!!

Where do/did they live?
Dads parents in the UK, mums in south Australia.
I lived in the UK until I was 15, so I saw dads parents more, then we moved here & saw mums parents!!!

Did/ do you get to spend much time with them?
I guess I answered that one!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 5:33pm

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 12:07am

What were / are your grandparents names on both sides
Grandparents Dad's side: Verna and Alan (technically my step Grandad, but he was always just Grandad)
Grandparents Mom's side: Bill and Yvonne ( her real name is Elvira, but my Grandad has always known her as Yvonne)
Grandma's Mom on Mom's side: Lena

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 9:55pm

These are great questions, Christol!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 4:43pm

Great questions!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 11:39am

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 11:05am

Maternal grandparents: Ira and Helen

Paternal grandparents: Elmer (Sam) and Bernadette

Do you remember them?

My maternal grandmother died when I was 2 1/2 and I only remember seeing her at her funeral. My maternal grandfather died when I was 5 and we were living in Alaska. I have a few memories of him.

I have many memories of my paternal grandparents. They died when I was 28 and 32.

Where did / do they live?

All of them lived in Western Pennsylvania...Greenville and Titusville.

Did

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 10:22am

Photobucket