So wait til you hear this...

iVillage Member
So wait til you hear this...
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 9:30pm
we've been watching the mail all week for a card for Cole from Brian's parents. I got a Mother's day card from them yesterday but still nothing for Cole (and she usually sends them about a week before the actual day). So Brian called and talked to his Dad today. Said that Cole had a great birthday and his Dad said something like "did he get a card from us" Brian said no and that we were afraid that it had gotten lost in the mail. NOPE!!! They forgot his birthday!!!!! UGH!!! I am so mad and his mom hasn't even called to wish Cole a Happy Birthday or anything. Yet she claims to love the boys so much and miss them soooo much when they are in Florida. Well actions speak louder than words. Luckily Cole doesn't realize anything and we can just blame it on the mail but I'm ticked beyond belief. My mom was in the hospital after having a TIA and all she could do was apologize because she was missing his birthday and wasn't able to call first thing to sing to him. No wonder the boys call my parents their "real grandparents"
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 11:42pm

Shaking my head....I'm sorry Lauri.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 10:12am
Ugh! That is so disappointing. AND irritating. My mom always remembers my kids. ALWAYS. My dad does too pretty much even though he's never around. He sends cards on their birthdays with money and Christmas. At least Cole wasn't too upset by this.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 3:49pm

Lauri, I'm so sorry.

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 8:26pm

here's the email we got from Brian's mom today in response to the email I sent last week with Gabe's baseball schedule:

"We made a copy of Gabe's schedule and Coles also. So sorry I messed up on the birthdays. Guess I have too many! Cole's card is in the mail. I got the lovely cards from all of you today. Thank you. We will be home on the 31st and looking forward to seeing every one. Enjoy the ball games. We will try to get to one of each. Love, Mom Nelson"

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 9:36am
insert music from Leave it to Beaver and the cheesy smile and we're all good;)

Photobucket

Photobucket