Still waiting

iVillage Member
Still waiting
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 10:31am

Might not hear anything until tomorrow since the Liaison officer is out today...argh.

So, I sent this letter to the Principal in charge.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: crit99
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 10:42am
Well said!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 12:23pm

Bravo on the letter. I can't believe the liason even said that about you not being the victim. What a flipping idiot!

So, if Max had fought back, they would have gotten three days, if not they get five? I am with you, I don't even see how them even riding the bus is an option. Let their parents worry about transportation.

Speaking of this situation, I am going to be heading down this road soon. I was so excited that a girl who has bullied Brianna for the last two years wasn't going to be in her class this year. The girl is trouble....and while she never held Brianna down and beat her, she does the girl version of bullying. And to be honest, the girl just isn't right. Constantly in trouble and really, IMO a sociopath already. She has been in trouble on the bus (among other things) off and on. I remember last year she threw rocks at the bus driver. For whatever reason, nothing REALLY ever happens to this girl. So, they keep letting her go on as if nothing ever happens, with an occasional letter of appology. I remember playing the "zero tolerance" card and taking in information showing that girl bullying (less physical but more psychological, although she has also been known to get physical as well) is just as bad as physical stuff. It got so that it was tolerable but never perfect. It was way better when she was in another class. Weeeelllll.....apparently her bus driver has refused to drive her anymore. She is THAT bad. IMO, that should be an easy "no riding the bus". BUT for whatever reason, they have decided that this brat will ride the girls bus. Within the first day, she has already started stuff with both girls (and other kids). So, I am thinking I need to start sending out emails/make phone calls. Our P sucks but I will follow the chain of command.

signature

signature

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 12:45pm

Honestly, first thing that popped into my head.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 4:15pm
Go Christol! That is perfect!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 6:29pm

Ugh!! Now *I'M* dealing with this!!!!!

Addison got 2 messages on his FaceBook page last night about being bashed today at school!!!

The last one was very late & I got a call from my brother this morning telling me about it!!

I went straight to the school & of course got fobbed off with an appointment to see the teacher "when she's available"!!!! Grrrrrr

Apparently they are aware of something going on between the boys & are keeping them separate, BUT...this is cyber bullying at it's best!!!

The message implies Addison has said something himself that the other boy has copies of, but this boy has put it on a public forum.

I'll keep you posted!!!

Christol...great letter!!! I can't get over the Liason officer!! Sounds like our school, they prefer not to make waves!!! How is that teaching anyone that this behaviour is unacceptable??

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-11-2009 - 8:16am

Helen, I'm sorry you are going through this.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-11-2009 - 9:20am

OH my goodness!

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-12-2009 - 9:00am

Well, Addison assures me that the whole 'bashing' thing has been resolved, including them having their mobile phones searched as they have access to FaceBook on them.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-12-2009 - 9:30am
I absolutely agree Helen, a threat is a threat.
Photobucket