Is your toddler very specific (anal)?

iVillage Member
Is your toddler very specific (anal)?
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:05pm
Cole has gotten so literal about things lately. He wears boots, not shoes. He wears a jacket not a coat. He drinks fruit punch, not juice. We drive a van not a car and just this morning, he got into his *van* seat not his carseat!!!!!

Please tell me this is just a stage!

Lauri

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:33am
LMBO...*VAN* seat! Rhiannon is not like this but she does have other issues that drive me nuts. I am sure it's just a stage.

Carmen

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 6:22pm
well I think it is a stage but he could be setting up for a very opinionated man!! Just kidding. Emma is the same way with exerting her independance. Its her way or a freak out.

they are too funny at this stage!!
Donna   Mom to Emma, Brianna and the rest of my crew
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:36pm
Anal in a different way -- he's not so much into the words -- but actions. Certain things have to be done in a certain order. I have to ask which foot the sock and shoes go on first because if I do it wrong, we have to start all over again. There's lots of other things too, but yes, things are very specific here.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:50pm
Oh, my YES!! We have quite the Type A personalities at our house! EVERYTHING has a specific name according to Kate, and she doesn't hesitate to correct me! LOL Her big thing right now is asking everyone "What is your name??" The other day she asked me what our back door's name was, and what the kitchen windows name was. Ummmm, back door and kitchen window??

It is fun to see her want to know about all the things around her, although it does get tiresome after a while. It's really nothing new at our house, Kate's been extremely specific for as long as I can remember. She was lining her blocks up in a PERFECTLY straight line at 10 months! LOL Since DH is the ultimate type A personality, it doesn't surprise me that Kate is, too!

I haven't figured out if Abigail is a type A or not, we'll see.

I have to keep a sense of humor around here, or I'd go crazy! LOL

Kelly and perfectionist Kate

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:17pm
Aw geez....now you've made me spit my coke all over my monitor, LOL! No, Jackson isn't too much this way, but I can TOTALLY picture Cole having these conversations with you!!!

LMBO!

~Jen~