<3 Hello February, DYK!!! <3
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 8:22am

DYK...

...Good Friday morning to you!?!

...everyone ready for the weekend?

...whatcha got planned?

...how's your weather?

...Christol, any updates on Jabby?

...I tried to google, and it said he could move his arms more than they thought he'd be able to?

...that's a good thing, right?

...still, breaks my heart?

...boys are so active and full of energy, to have that taken away...well thinking of it makes me feel like someone is sitting on my chest?

...but having a boy, I know there's very little you can do to "protect" them?

...scary?

...and Gail?

...how's she doing?

...I don't know a thing about breast cancer, but it seems like, well as far as breast cancer goes anyway, the prognosis is pretty good, right?

...I'm reading the info correctly, right?

...how's girlie liking the boots?

...Halmark is headquartered here, and my friend, who works for the post office, took me as her plus one to the...what would it be...the Halmark overstocks shop?

...it's not seconds, just stuff they want to get rid of?

...everything was at least 75% off?

...I got a recipe binder, to hopefully help me organize myself with my recipes?

...got a candle holder that looks like a tree stump?

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 9:33am
Forgot to share a funny little story. Sometimes, I just get burnt out around the house. It feels like all I do is remind people to put their crap away? For the past MONTH, I've not been able to eat what they eat (for the most part) and yet it's just assumed that I'll still cook and SERVE dinner. It's starting to grate on my nerves. I mean, I know, I've done it to myself, but seriously? I not only cook the food I can't eat for them, I also serve it up to them?!?!

I subbed at Owen's preschool yesterday in the baby room. By babies, I mean almost two to almost three year olds. We had a new little guy, named Owen, who cried almost non-stop for the first 2 hours. It was both heart-wrenching, and exhausting at the same time. By the time my "cashew encrusted tilapia" stuck to the pan and all but ruined dinner, I was FRIED. I dish up Natalie and Owen's and I swear if Gerad and Mariah didn't stand there like they didn't freaking know how to get their own water and dinner.

Yeah, I was pissed. I skipped lunch because I didn't pre-make anything, and I couldn't eat anything they were serving at the school, and yeah...I was torked that dinner flopped. Of course, they picked up on it and helped themselves, but then Gerad half-arses the dishes. OMGosh!!! dishes mean not only ALL of them, but clear the counters, put crap away and wipe everything down. Not rocket science.

Now, like I said, I know I've done it to myself. I never got out of the habit of serving my kids, from when they were little, and honestly, while I was at it, what's the big deal to dish Gerad's plate too? Well, normally not a problem, but this diet is wearing on me and I just felt like I've gotten little to no support on it.

Anyway, I got cold, so I went and put on Mariah's footie pj's that her friend got her for Christmas. They're pink with purple and turquoise poodles on them...ULTRA little girly, but uber warm. :)

As we're heading to bed Gerad says,
"Ok, no more footie jammies when you're cranky, ok?"

I'm like,
"What?!?!" (you don't wanna mess with me at this point, lol)

Mariah chimes in and says,
"Yeah mom, you're like a giant, angry toddler!"

Ok, so I admit...I laughed at that one.

Oh, and Gerad got up early for work, unloaded the clean dishes and washed the pan that had to soak overnight because I charred fish to it.

They do listen.
:)
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 10:18am

DYK

...YAY on the leave Kelley?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 2:32pm

Missi, I was cracking up at the image of you as an angry toddler?

And, I still fix my boys plates ONLY because Cole seems to spill something at EVERY meal, so I fix the plate and get the plate where it needs to be?

Christol, prayers for Gail?

And, Jabby, that's awesome he was able to feed himself?

I agree if you don't know him you shouldn't be visiting him?

I typed a DYK about Cole's sleepover and lost it before I hit post?

It went well?

Boys were shrieking and I had to put a stop to it?

Once I put in the first movie, they settled down?

I've been home sick for the last two days?

I came home Wednesday after work FREEZING?

My temp was 102+ and I had hallucinations all night?

I don't remember saying things they told me I said?

My fever is gone now, but I'm exhausted and my throat is killing me?

I'm on an antibiotic, just hoping it kicks in soon?

OK, I"ve gotta get ready to go pick up the boys?

Happy weekend, all?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 3:10pm
LOL on the angry toddler Missi:) I feel ya girl;)

If I don't serve family style at the table, I also make my kids plates for the most part? And, I've always cleaned up..ALWAYS? Glad Gerad "got it";)

Kelley, I'm glad you're feeling a little better? It sucks to be that sick? If you had what Claire did the throat thing should be almost over, I think it was a full week?

Marie, what the heck is going on with your weather? Did your area get hit with the 2 feet of snow?! Any word on Chance's interview?

Claire and Max had end of quarter and went snow tubing for a field trip? We have no snow so I was wondering how the manufactured snow was working?

Just got a message that Claire flipped off her tube and knocked the wind out of her? She got it together, she was checked out and wants to stay so we'll call again if that changes?

Ummmm, I texted Claire and am waiting to hear back? She's not a drama queen so I hope she's ok?

Back to work..only 2 hours left at least:)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 9:16am

DYK...

...good Monday morning, everyone?

...how was your weekend?

...Christol, I can't believe the hospital hasn't stepped in with better boundaries regarding Jabby's onslaught of visitors?

...I know his family really appreciates it, but they need their rest?

...I had a crazy, constant chain of visitors when I was in the hosptial and yes, we greatly, greatly appreciated them, it also made it harder, in some ways?

...getting out of bed to even go to the bathroom was a huge ordeal, and I never wanted to get up to go when I had visitors, so I'd literally sit there miserable, waiting for them to leave so I could do it, then a new one would walk in?

...none of my plumbing was working after surgery, so I needed to go when I felt the urge, and it...well, it was just awkward?

...I didn't want to ask them to leave so I could, but I also didn't want to lose control on the way to the bathroom, in front of them?

...plus, I couldn't get out of bed on my own, and I had to have a LOT of help getting to through the 7 excruciatingly painful steps to the bathroom, and then I still needed help IN the bathroom...it was humiliating?

...I was also supposed to walk the halls to wake up my intestines, so I could go home, but I couldn't do that either, there were so many visitors?

...by the end, when the doctor finally told me if I make so many loops in this amount of time, he'd let me go home, I started telling my visitors to come with me, but it was walking time?

...they didn't mind.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 9:34am

DYK

...busy weekend and I didn't really intend for it to be?

...I was tired this morning?

...Saturday, Max went to Learning Works, I put up blinds and did laundry?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 9:53am
Yeah, I don't think I would be as patient as his parents. I get cranky when I'm tired. I also wouldn't do well as the patient if I wanted to sleep. I remember after my car accident, people stopping over to check on me and I would stay awake, IN pain to entertain when all I wanted to do was sleep but I was grateful for their attempts at making me feel better, so I get what you're saying but I couldn't do that kind of visiting, people who didn't know my child for that long.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 9:53am
Hope all of your colds are short lived. Blowing get well wishes your way:)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 9:15am

DYK

...spoke to soon, the temps dropped?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 9:16am

DYK...

...I.am.crusty.

Pages