13 Questions Poll on Sunday

iVillage Member
13 Questions Poll on Sunday
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 2:02pm
  1. Describe your "good china". 
  3. What's your middle name? Do you like it?
  5. What's the funniest show on television these days?
  7. If you could only wear one color for the next month, what would you choose?
  9. List 3 things you are looking forward to this week.
  11. Do you still own any articles of clothing from your school years? Do you ever wear it/them?
  13. Name a food that reminds you of someone. Who is it and why?
  15. When was the last time you had a really good bowl of chili? Who made it?
  17. Where do you fall in your family's birth order? How did your family position affect your development?
  19. When was the last time you slept in until noon?
  21. What store do you wish you had in your town?
  23. How many guns have you fired?
  25. Where's the nicest place you've stayed? What was the occasion? Did you do anything fancy?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 2:35pm
  1. Describe your "good china". My pattern is Lenox Sand Dune Platinum. It's a simple white plate with an embossed design. Sand Dune Platinum pattern by Lenox China
  2. What's your middle name? Do you like it? Lynn, yes I do like it.
  3. What's the funniest show on television these days? Love watching Modern Family.
  4. If you could only wear one color for the next month, what would you choose? Pink or maybe Black
  5. List 3 things you are looking forward to this week. 1- Company coming, 2- Company going (lol), 3- having week 2 of school under our belt 
  6. Do you still own any articles of clothing from your school years? Do you ever wear it/them? Yes, I have a t-shirt from the Stray Cats fan club (circa 1983) and I occassionally will wear it as a bathing suit cover-up.
  7. Name a food that reminds you of someone. Who is it and why? Mince Meat cookies always remind me of my mom and aunt. They made the best version of these cookies!
  8. When was the last time you had a really good bowl of chili? Who made it? Probably about 4 or 5 months ago. I made a white chicken chili that was delicious!
  9. Where do you fall in your family's birth order? How did your family position affect your development? Youngest. I was always doted on, given a little extra, and allowed more freedom. I love/loved being the youngest.
  10. When was the last time you slept in until noon? Not until noon, but very close on our trip to Mississippi and New Orleans with John.
  11. What store do you wish you had in your town? There are only a handful of stores in our "town". So, I would say Targt. But, in the area, I would love to see a Trader Joe's.
  12. How many guns have you fired? Many when I was younger at my grandfather's house. Then stopped for a long time and fired guns again when I met John. We would go to the firing range every now and then when he was a policeman. But, now it has been awhile.
  13. Where's the nicest place you've stayed? What was the occasion? Did you do anything fancy? Hotels- Waldhotel in Davos, Switzerland; 

14. Fairmont in Banff Springs; 

15. Beau Rivage in Biloxi, MS; 

16. and the Hard Rock in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

17. An individual's home- Friends of ours who lived in Orlando in Bay Hill Country club. They sold it several years ago, but I just found it online and for sale again. Here's a virtual tour. It is really an overtop beautiful home. The video doesn't quite do it justice.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 10:25pm
  • Describe your "good china". ---I don't have any. lol
  • What's your middle name? Do you like it?---Maria. I like it just fine, I guess.
  • What's the funniest show on television these days?---I like Modern Family too, Karol. Hilarious!
  • If you could only wear one color for the next month, what would you choose?---Blue, I suppose.
  • List 3 things you are looking forward to this week.---Getting paid, Regina moving and I can't think of anything else.
  • Do you still own any articles of clothing from your school years? Do you ever wear it/them?---I had my letter sweater for awhile and my swim team gear but I don't know what happened to it all.
  • Name a food that reminds you of someone. Who is it and why?---The cream cheese sugar cookies I make at Christmas remind me of my dad because he always made them when I was a kid.
  • When was the last time you had a really good bowl of chili? Who made it?---I can't even remember.
  • Where do you fall in your family's birth order? How did your family position affect your development?---I am the oldest. I guess I'm not really sure how it affected me. My dad always gave me everything I wanted. haha
  • When was the last time you slept in until noon?---I have no idea!
  • What store do you wish you had in your town?---Ikea
  • How many guns have you fired?---None
  • Where's the nicest place you've stayed? What was the occasion? Did you do anything fancy?---I haven't stayed too many fancy places. I did stay in a really nice hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I guess a couple pretty nice hotels in Chicago too.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:33pm
  • Describe your "good china". ---I don't have any. lol
  • What's your middle name? Do you like it?---Marie. It works:smileywink:.
  • What's the funniest show on television these days?---I rarely watch but Modern Family has been funny when I've seen it.
  • If you could only wear one color for the next month, what would you choose?---Coral, I get a lot of compliments when I wear that color.
  • List 3 things you are looking forward to this week.---Getting paid, Getting the last week before school done and "might" go out Saturday night
  • Do you still own any articles of clothing from your school years? Do you ever wear it/them?---I have my letter jacket, competition outfit and sweater and nope, never wear it.  OH and I do have a nightgown that I still wear though.
  • Name a food that reminds you of someone. Who is it and why?---Oysters, my Grandpa and Dad loved them and I can't STAND them:smileywink:.
  • When was the last time you had a really good bowl of chili? Who made it?---Last winter and it was my own:smileywink:
  • Where do you fall in your family's birth order? How did your family position affect your development?---I am the oldest and was for 5 years.  I hung with all adults and was very "old" for my age so I've always been the "go to" girl. 
  • When was the last time you slept in until noon?---I have no idea, I have slept until 11 a few times this summer though!
  • What store do you wish you had in your town?---I can't think of one, we have just about everything.
  • How many guns have you fired?---Quite a few since my Dad owned several.  I had my first BB gun at 3 years old thanks to Grandpa, I still have it.
  • Where's the nicest place you've stayed? What was the occasion? Did you do anything fancy?---Chicago, Alanna and I got a screaming deal at the Intercontinental.  It was just a girls weekend but we did eat at a REALLY good restaurant, Frontera I think was the name.  The bed and linens were like sleeping on a cloud and we stayed in bed for hours.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:32am
Describe your "good china". ---I don't have any. lol What's your middle name? Do you like it?---Louise. I used to want it to be my first name when I was a kid!! & no, it's not why Eloise has that name. What's the funniest show on television these days?---I don't know!! If you could only wear one color for the next month, what would you choose?---Black I guess, or purple!! List 3 things you are looking forward to this week.--- not a lot to look forward to around here!! I guess, I'm looking forward to watching Eloise & friends dance at an eisteddfod next Sunday, except for all the crap from her teachers!! Do you still own any articles of clothing from your school years? Do you ever wear it/them?---I think I still have my school dress around somewhere!! There is no way it would fit me though!!! Name a food that reminds you of someone. Who is it and why?---I don't know!!. When was the last time you had a really good bowl of chili? Who made it?---it was a while ago, but I made it myself!! Where do you fall in your family's birth order? How did your family position affect your development?---I'm number 2 of 3! Middle child!! But I am also the oldest girl & my brother went to boarding school when I was 6 (he was 8) so I was oldest child for a lot of years. I was my mums constant companion, loved to help her with everything, & still do!! When was the last time you slept in until noon?---Yesterday!!! It was the first day for weeks & weeks that we didn't have anything we had to do, or anywhere we had to go, so I shut my door & slept till noon!!! What store do you wish you had in your town?---gosh, we are within an hour of most of the big stores, so I don't know there's anything I wish for!! How many guns have you fired?---only an air rifle, many, many years ago. Where's the nicest place you've stayed? What was the occasion? Did you do anything fancy? --- a couple of years a go we went away to see a Cliff Richard concert & my brother put us up at a 5 star hotel!! That was pretty swish!!! Add Tag... Quick Reply Reply Flag as inappropriate
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:34am
Ok, didn't do "quick reply" & I just copied & pasted Christol's questions & answers & replaced her answers with mine & it STILL squished it all up!! I give up!!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:52am
Helen, maybe try putting 2 returns in between paragraphs.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 9:23am
  1. Describe your "good china". Well, up until I inherited my mother's china hutch and all it's contents, I didn't have any good china.  Now I have Fransicanware from the early 80's.  Here it is:
  2. What's your middle name? Do you like it? Jill, yes I do like it.  I considered naming one of my girls Jill or Jillian.  :smileyhappy:
  4. What's the funniest show on television these days?  Big Bang Theory.
  6. If you could only wear one color for the next month, what would you choose?  Blue
  8. List 3 things you are looking forward to this week. The first day of school for all my kiddos.  :smileyhappy:
  10. Do you still own any articles of clothing from your school years? Do you ever wear it/them? Yes, I have no idea why, but no...I don't wear them.  Mariah tried the jeans on and she rolled, literally ROLLED on the floor laughing at the high waisted cut.  lol...
  12. Name a food that reminds you of someone. Who is it and why? Roast.  My mom.  Probably because we had it every Sunday after church, on the fransicanware I just inherited.  :smileywink:
  14. When was the last time you had a really good bowl of chili? Who made it? Last winter.  Gerad.  He's the chili maker in our family.  He only has 2 things he makes but they're really, really good.  :smileyhappy:
  16. Where do you fall in your family's birth order? How did your family position affect your development? Baby.  My siblings and I are spaced just like my kids are (not on purpose, odd how that worked out) so I have a sister that is 10 years older than me and a brother who is 6 years older than me.  I'm sure it affected who I am.  I was my parent's "bonus" child, as they referred to me, and I was doted on my my older siblings.  I never had to fight my own fight, and that was a transition I had to grow into as an adult...fighting my own battles.  
  18. When was the last time you slept in until noon? Gosh, I can't even remember!!  :smileywink:
  20. What store do you wish you had in your town? Ikea.  :smileyhappy:
  22. How many guns have you fired? One
  24. Where's the nicest place you've stayed? What was the occasion? Did you do anything fancy?  Hmm...this will be tough as I usually skimp on hotel accomodations to funnel funds into doing fun things.  We stayed at a nice Doubletree for our 10th anniversary trip. It was round, so the rooms were wedge shaped and it was decorated in Old Hollywood. We stayed at the Carribbean Beach resort on Disney property.  Those were pretty nice, I guess. We like Doubletrees, though, so we stay at them a lot, if we can, when we travel.  I guess the nicest would be when we stayed in the condo this last time we travelled to FL.  It was the biggest place we'd stayed.  No...nothing fancy.  I'm kind of a simple girl.  :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 9:33am
Oh and for the record, I don't really like the fransican ware or even the hutch for that matter. LOL, but I'm TRYING to embrace the nonexistent sentimental side of myself, and realize that I WILL love them, and that someday, when *I* am the grandma, and my mom is gone, that they will mean the world to me. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 11:22am
Missi,you described my birth order situation almost to a tee. My sisters are 9 and 7 years older than me. And, I, too had to learn how to fight my own fights as an adult.
Photobucket