Mon, 12-05-2011 - 8:32am

Are you getting in the Christmas mood??

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 8:56am

DYK

...Christmas mood..not so much?

...although we did get some snow this weekend and it was the pretty, fluffy stuff?

...made for a little bit of slippery driving but not too bad?

...it came down while we were in the worst hockey game?

...it was a decent game for the most part?

...until mid 3rd period?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 9:04am

DYK...

...I'm faking the Christmas spirit.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 4:33pm

Just popping in to say.....She is quitting!!!

The world's most annoying co-worker is only hanging around until Christmas break?!

I think I can handle 12 more days?

I don't even care that they probably won't hire a replacement?

Missi, I hear ya on the clutter being in your space?

Christol, I can't believe that ref's actions at the game?

How is everyone doing on their shopping?

I'm almost done.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 5:23pm
WOO HOO Kelley. 12 more days, 12 more days!!

Shopping...I'm pretty much done with both of my kids except for stockings.
I have my Mom (argh, tough to shop for), Serena, Jake, Dylan, Cody and Savanah..so basically about half done. I simply don't know what to get any of them.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 7:15pm

Christol, my mouth was hanging open reading what that ref did. WHAT THE HECK? If that was my kid, I would have been FREAKING out!!!!! I can't believe he wasn't arrested either. I would press charges if I was the parent.

That is really awful. I hope it works out for the best.

That stinks about your toilet. Water damage is no fun at all!

I'm trying to feel all warm and Christmasey but I'm having a hard time with it too this year.

I am so broke. If my dad doesn't send me money (he usually does), I will not be able to buy my kids ANY presents. I cannot get caught up at all.

I lost $430 a month in child support. I had a pay change. I lost $90 per week. My boss has done pretty well making it up for me but most of the time I'm still falling $50 short per week. I have had to pay $975 for 3 months in a row for rent to pay the deposit. Thankfully it's all paid up now. But I haven't paid December's rent yet. I get paid tomorrow and still won't have enough to pay the rent. If it's not paid by the 12th, they take me to court. I get paid again on the 13th. I am going to call the apartment manager tomorrow and see what I can do. But see how this works? Then I will be behind again for January. :(

It's depressing.

I am trying so hard not to feel this way especially since our family got some bad news yesterday that REALLY puts things into perspective.

My cousin, David, has Leukemia. :( He is 24. We are very close. He was feeling really lethargic and sick. They at first thought it was pancreatic cancer. Then they said he was severely anemic. They ran more tests and he has Leukemia.

He's the one that got married 2 1/2 years ago and I helped plan the wedding. You might remember, I blogged about it here.

I am just in shock over this. I guess they caught it early and my aunt is feeling optimistic. I have stayed away from Google. I just don't want to read about it.

So instead of worrying about not having enough money to BUY all of the things I want this Christmas, I should be THANKING God for my health, my CHILDREN'S health, a job even if I don't make enough-at least I make something, food to eat, a roof over our head. You know what I'm saying, right? We should all feel this way.

I keep thinking about my poor aunt. It's her baby boy. Imagine getting the news that your baby has Leukemia. :(

So please, we need some of those prayers and positive thoughts this board is known for. Thanks!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 7:30pm

DYK...

Missi, I know EXACTLY how you feel about the clutter!!! YOU WOULD DIE if you came to our apartment. Holy crap! Literally! lol We have stuff stashed every where. Currently, we aren't even using the second shower in my bathroom because I'm using it as storage. That's pathetic, isn't it?

Just to get the Christmas decorations out, was a huge ordeal.

I need a basement, plain and simple.

Kelley, so glad that nasty co-worker won't be there anymore! :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 10:32pm
Carmen I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. Breaks my heart. I'm sorry sorry to hear about your personal trials as well. I know what you mean about perspective, but its still hard.((hugs))

Kelley I'm glad to hear the irritating lady is quitting. Now that's some good news!
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 12:39pm

DYK

...Carmen, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 1:52pm

DYK...

...Way to go on your first class completion, Christol?!?!

...and good grades to boot??

...I too hope the players parents nail that ref?

...I seriously think he should be facing assault charges?

...but my fear all along is that it's a "good ol' boys," club and that the parents will be afraid that if they piss off the club, their kid won't get to play anymore?

...hearing the jack-wad who assulted the kid is the president of the refs, well that doesn't ease my mind at all?

...I agree with Christol, Carmen...is there any sort of aide in your area?

...my good friend was the lucky recipient of such aide this Christmas?

...she's a single mom with a daughter Nat's age and a special needs son?

...she has no idea who nominated her, called me when she found out, before she ever accepted?

...I told her to accept!!

...they brought over non-perishables, laundry soap, as well as gifts for her kids?

...she was concerned she was taking it away from someone with a greater need?

...it was through their school?

...they didn't provide a turkey this year because they have a LOT more families participating than ever before...a sign of the times...

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 9:55am

DOUBLE DANG DYK

...I had one typed and was making it pretty with colors and POOF..gone?

..ARGH?

...Karol, where ya been?

Photobucket

Pages