DYK late April..almost time for May baby birthdays!!

iVillage Member
DYK late April..almost time for May baby birthdays!!
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 10:06am

What's happening??

Any birthdday plans made??

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 10:13am

DYK

...been crazy around here?

...gearing up for the spring dance show next weekend?

Photobucket
iVillage Member

DYK...

...Christol, you are one busy mom??

...and wow, your kids will probably not understand how much you sacrificed for them until they become parents, but kudos to you for letting Max play on the traveling baseball team, even though it means you giving up your weekends?

...someday, they'll know how to be great parents because you taught them well?

...I'm so glad our children are betrothen?

iVillage Member

DYK

...Missi, are kids are EXACTLY the same?

...you absolutely just described Max and Claire?

...I also try not to get involved but when the disrespect sets in, well, so do I?

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Hi ladies?

My foot is doing well?

I had a Cheilectomy. It is the removal of a bone spur on the big toe area?

Thankfully it was not a bunion issue. That calls for a more extensive surgery with a longer recovery period?

I spent the weekend with my foot up in the air most of the time?

John took me out and about today and I did fairly well. I have a hard soled shoe thingy for walking. I also have a cane, but I try to keep the cane business to a minimum (LOL)?

My stitches come out next Thursday, but I will probably be in the shoe for a bit longer?

No driving for 2 weeks…bummer?

Had a great and relaxed day yesterday…my birthday!?

Shelly was sick and stayed home from school (she left school early on Monday with a stomach bug)?

I was glad to have her home with me…nice diversion and she started feeling better as the day wore on?

Lily had her Spring Fling dance on Saturday?

We purchased a relatively casual cotton dress that she really liked, but she changed her mind a few nights before the dance?

So, we had a marathon evening of dress shopping for her. We went everywhere---Macy’s, Belk, TJ Maxx, Ross, on and on. We finally found the dress she wore at a teen consignment shop called Uptown Cheapskate?

Best part---$19.00 and $8.50 to have it dry cleaned. It was strapless and that baby fit her like a glove. No tugging and pulling on it all night. And, it was still a bit conservative in length and style?

The girls all looked so cute and really showed signs of growing up!?

We only have 20.5 days of school left! Awesome?

No big plans yet for Lily’s birthday. We have several ideas floating around. We’ll see how the ol’ foot is doing and what our options are when the date gets closer?

Lily is fortunate to have a nice group of girls to hang out with who are good friends. No big girl drama?

Just finished reading Heaven is Here. I followed her blog for a long time (before the accident) and knew most of her story, but it was such a moving recollection of her life?

Christol, you sound super busy! Stop and relax---LOL?

You are a super momma...very dedicated to those kiddos. They will be forever grateful?

Missi, good for you on the gym workout?

How's business coming along?

Well, all for now?

Happy Wednesday! Yay, tomorrow is Friday Eve. Love it?

Photobucket
iVillage Member

DYK

...Karol, glad your foot is healing nicely?

...hope the boot is short lived?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 10:52am

DYK

...I guess I'm a little over extended right now?

...I have had this pain on the side of my ankle for over a week?

...I thought I must have pulled something, never looked, just dealt with the pain?

...last night I was going to massage it because it was achy?

...I found a HUGE bruise that goes from my heel to almost 1/2 way up my foot?

...it's incredibly puffy and swollen on the side?

...I swear it has hurt more since noticing that?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 12:31pm

DYK...

...(((hugs))) Christol?

...I'm sorry you're dealing with ick at work?

...I wonder if there's some lunar placement or something in the air, because my mom is in almost exactly the same boat?

...my mom is a strong person, but conastant bad-mouthing, undercutting, manipulating, and trying to turn everyone else in the office against a person gets tiring?

...it's really come to a head, and I think my mom is actually going to retire early, because of it?

...she's taken it for 16 years, and there's a new girl who is too intimidated by the trouble maker to not join forces with her, so my mom is odd man out, again?

...and for what?!?!

...I don't get people like that?

...I told my mom to hold her head high, and live her life in such a way, that if anyone were (which they DO) talk bad about her, no one would believe it?

...she liked that?

...but easier said than done, I know?

...it DOES wear on a person?

...but, on the up side, I would LOVE for my mom to retire?

...I'm definitely going to nursing school if she retires?!?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 12:32pm
Christol, what on EARTH did you do your ankle?!?! YOWZA!!!!
iVillage Member
I honestly don't have a clue what I did Missi. I just know that it hurts and it aches when I'm just sitting:(

I feel bad for your Mom. Our secretary pushed one to retire and one to leave who lived 2 blocks from the school because they couldn't take it and it was hurting their health too. I have never given her my power because I'm lucky enough with the position I have, she can't really control me or do anything to me. I stand up to her and try to ignore the snide comments but my god, she is a HAG? Right after I posted yesterday, one of the deans came in and said, "I brought donuts to the main office for you guys and P said the strangest thing". I asked what and he said, "OH you are probably in the wrong office with those treats" and gave a smirk. That's the kind of crap she does ALL the time!! Grow the blank UP!

BUT YAY...it's FRIDAY!!
Photobucket