DYK for the Week of 4.12.10

iVillage Member
DYK for the Week of 4.12.10
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 7:30am

How is your spring coming along, ladies???!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 7:57am

DYK???

Happy Spring?

The weekend went well?

Friday night I helped drive some of the girls to the movies and dinner for a birthday party of one of Lily's friends?

We saw How to Train a Dragon. I was so surprised how cute it was. I wasn't expecting much, but I really enjoyed it?

Saturday morning, Lily came home and caught up on her sleep (they didn't go to sleep until about 2:45)?

She headed back out for her 2nd sleepover at 5:00?

We went to a yard sale at the girls' school?

I ran into a great deal. A former Philosophy consultant had all kinds of lotions, perfume, shampoo for $2 and $3 a container?

She also had smaller pots of Bare Minerals for $1 each!!!!?

Yesterday we went to church, got some plants and flowers, and hung out in the yard?

The girls got into the pool again. Still too chilly for me, but the outside temp was awesome...76 degrees?

Planning to do some laundry and cleaning today?

Lily has gymnastics this afternoon?

Hope everyone has a terrific week?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 11:05am

DYK...

...Happy Monday, ladies?

...Karol, so jealous of the pool?

...our weekend was FULL?

...Friday night, Mariah had 7 girls over for her birthday?

...we fed them KFC and took them ice skating?

...they came home and all invaded our new basment, which was SO nice?

...I played it right though...I figured they'd all be tired on a Friday night, as opposed to a Saturday night, PLUS they went ice skating?

...They were all down by 1:30...can you believe that?!?!

...there have been slumber parties that were up until 4:30?

...they just vegged in the basement with movies?

...I can NOT tell you how much I LOVE having that space for them?

...Mariah shopped with friends on Saturday and crashed at a friend's house?

...Nat had a sleepover on Friday night?

...Family party for Mariah on Saturday afternoon?

...had the twins shoot on Sunday?

...allergies are kicking our butts?

...took so zyrtec and went to bed...only to get a RUDE awakening?

...Natalie yelled, "I threw up!!"?

...I ran down the hall, and I'll be dadgummed, she didn't make the TOILET?!?!

...I have to admit my reaction was NOT pretty?

...but good gravy, she's in FOURTH grade and she still can't hit the toilet?!?!

...I was hitting the toilet from the time I was in Kindergarten?

...it EXPLODED in the bathroom...it was in everything...splattered up the walls, it took me an hour to clean it up, and THEN I went to walmart at 1am because I didn't have oust/lysol?

...and I didn't want to risk not taking care of the germs?

...sorry, probably TMI?

...I told her next time she didn't make the toilet, she'd be cleaning it up?

...I'm trying to feel bad, but sometimes my kids are just SO babied it irritates me...no survival instinct...I really think she should have made the toilet?

...plus I was in an exhausted + drug induced sleep?

...OY?!?!

...she seems to be doing better today?

...oh get this?!?!

...Gerad is having lunch with THE GUY I told you about for a JOB?!?!!?!?!

...please pray for us, I want to make the right decision?

...I know Gerad wants to move back home, the girls want to move back there (tho they have NO idea), all of our family wants us to move there, but I do NOT have peace about it?

...I just can't shake the feeling that we'd be making a terrible mistake?

...my kids are HAPPY here, we've built our life here....and I think it's best if we don't have to disturb that?

...but ultimately, if it is to be that we move back, I don't want to be the hitch in the opperation?

...and I worry...one of us is going to resent the other...Gerad wants to go, I want to stay...either way, one of us gets resentment rights, right?

...ahh...please pray for us?

...Oh and get this?

...yesterday at church our pastor had an amazing sermon on prayers and how God answers them...so touching at points that it brought me to tears?

...at the end, he had everyone put prayer requests on the cross, symbolic of casting our cares on Jesus?

...I wrote "security" on my paper, but was not in an emotional state to walk it to the front of the sanctuary, so I made gerad take it for me?

...Danny called Gerad THIS morning?

...they're going to lunch at 11:30 CST...so say prayers that we make the right decision for our family?

...and if we stay, are we leaving my dad high and dry??

...AAAhhhhh.....

...anyway, I think it's a beautiful thing, to see God work in your life?

...the DAY after the sermon on prayer, we get the call?

...now, I don't want to count my chickens just yet...we've run into this many times during our 4.5 month job search...the salary we require to stay here is larger than many are willing to pay, in this economy?

...we are praying for a salary and benefits match to what we had?

...that would enable me to go back to school and get a nursing degree...this has all taught us how stupid it is of me to have let myself get SO far out of the workplace that I essentially am not even hirable to Walmart?!?!

...anyway, please pray?

...I just want to do the right thing??

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 1:13pm

DYK

...Missi, I'm sending you some positive thoughts?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 3:35pm

DYK...

...Christol, I'm sorry you're treated that way at church, of all places?

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 5:23pm

Oh Missi, I'm sorry...HUGS!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 9:58pm

DYK...

Karol, two sleepovers in one night is a lot. At least Lily came home in between and slept a little. Rhiannon wouldn't. She'd just stay up and be crabby and drive us all nuts. lol

We LOVED the Dragon movie! I thought it was awesome.

So nice that you're getting to enjoy the pool already.

Missi, I'm with you on the Friday night sleepovers. The kids are tired from being at school all day and then you have Saturday and Sunday to recover.

Joey had that explosive puke a month or so ago. Disgusting.

I have been teaching (or trying to) my kids how to throw up. IN THE TOILET. lol

I am praying for you guys. Praying, praying, praying.

God hears us, girl.

I'm sorry Gerad didn't get that job but God still hears us.

He has a plan. I know you believe that. (((HUGS)))

Christol, believe me I was choked up writing that post about Joey. I just wanted to get it all down in words at the moment I was feeling it.

Oh man, I'm sorry about your HS friend. THAT SUCKS! It hits so close to home when it's someone like that.

It just reiterates to us how fragile life is, you just never know.

That's unfortunate that you have such problems at your church. I have never run into anything like that at my church. NEVER!

~~~

So I took that grammar test and typing test for that job last week. I guess I did okay. I pretty much choked on the grammar test. I started second guessing myself. I pride myself on my grammar skills and I friggin choke. Ugh. Did I tell you guys this already?

Anyway, I am praying that they call me this week for interview anyway.

I didn't find anything promising listed in the job ads last week. :(

We are getting full swing into baseball/softball. We'll be at the ballpark every night this week.

One of Rhiannon's best friends since kindergarten is on her team. So since the girls have known each other for so long, the mom and I have become pretty good friends. I just realized she is a beyatch and pretty stuck up. Not to me, just in general. Funny how that works, huh? Know someone for 5 years and just now getting to know her.

She is upset that they got the coach we have. I think he's great. She has already complained about him. It's his first year coaching this league...Little Majors.

Anyway, I'm not going to let it get to me. Let's just say I now know where her daughter gets her attitude from. lol

I met some nice parents on Joey's team though.

Today is my Grandma's 80th birthday. We went to see Last Song with Miley Cyrus. I don't care what people say, I like her. I think she's a really great actress. And her IRL boyfriend was in the movie also, he is a HOTTIE. lol

We went to an Irish place for lunch and had Irish spring rolls with cabbage and corned beef. YUM!

Then tooled around at Marshalls but didn't buy anything.

It was a fun day.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 10:21pm

DYK???????????

Missi, I so feel for you with the vomit situation?

Shelly is pretty good at hitting the toilet or a trash can. Lily, on the other hand, still struggles with the whole concept?

Drives me nuts?

Sending huge hugs your way?

I know you have some tough and major decisions ahead of you. Just want you to know I am thinking of you and hoping that things go well?

Christol, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. What a tragic death. My heart aches for his family?

I'm with you on the pious church-goers?

There's a great quote in The Shack about this... "An awful lot of what is done in my name has nothing to do with me and is often, even if unintentional, very contrary to my purposes."

I think this is many times so true?

Hope you can put their hypocritic behavior aside and feel more comfortable in church?

I know I have struggled with that in various churches we have attended in NC?

We don't go every Sunday, but the church we do attend is kind and accepting and basically leaves us alone and doesn't judge?

Carmen, any news on the job front?

Loved the post about Joey. He is such a cutie?

The girls are starting back with horseback riding tomorrow. They are super excited about it?

We may head to VB this weekend?

John may go to Richmond, VA for a referee clinic. So, the girls and I are considering a trip, too?

Have a good evening and a smooth morning?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 11:44pm

Did you know...

...Happy 80th Grandma!?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 7:53am

DYK???

Lily actually went to two sleepovers over two nights not all in one night?

She went to one on Friday night then came home on Saturday morning and slept for about 2 hours?

She headed back out for the second sleepover at 5:00 on Saturday and we picked her up at 9:00 on Sunday morning?

She is doing well despite the late nights?

For the most part, she seems to handle it all fairly well and I leave the decisions up to her when it comes to the sleepovers?

She can usually assess whether or not she is up for it?

Christol, I am sure that some of the women feel threatened by you and that is where their icky attitudes come from?

I have a friend who is recently divorced and she deals with much of this cattiness from women. She has mentioned that the wives seem to grab ahold of their husbands when she enters a room?

I guess some women are just insecure?

Carmen, happy birthday to your grandma?

Your day together sounded like such fun?

Ok, off to shower and run some errands?

Have a happy day!?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 8:42am

LOL

I meant to say two sleepovers in one weekend!

:D

Photobucket

Pages