iVillage Member
Sun, 01-22-2012 - 10:20pm

DYK

...heavy day tomorrow?

...Meeting first thing about the death of

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 6:38am
Sending lots of (((((Hugs))))) & prayers for Gail's surgery & the biopsy.

I seem to remember with mums biopsy they could tell us that there was or wasn't lymph node involvement, but we got the full details about a week or two later. He told us beforehand that 20 involved nodes was bad, 2 was good. Her official number came back as 3!!!

Woohoo! on almost the end of hockey!! We're at the other end of the year! Dance goes back on Saturday!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 12:59pm
Wow, very tough day, Christol. Thinking of you and all involved?

Will be thinking of Gail today?

My mother had a 4 hour surgery for her mastectomy and then another 6 hours in surgery for reconstruction?

It was a long and emotional day?

Hope that Gail's surgery is successful and wrapping her in positive thoughts?

And, my mother's situation was the same as Helen's. She came back with only 3 nodes involved. That was great news for her because she didn't require radiation treatment or chemo?

Again, thinking of you today?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 9:00am

DYK

...Thanks for all the well wishes for Gail?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 10:02am

DYK...

...PHEW!!!!

...I'm so glad to hear there was NO node involvement?!?!?!

...that's

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 9:13am

DYK...

...Christol, I hope you're doing ok after your long and stressful day?

...hopefully Gail's good news helped to ease some of the worries?

...I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your coworker?

...wow?

...life is short?

...don't live with regrets?

...and make sure the people you love, know you love them?

...it's scary to think we're here today, but may not be tomorrow?

...(((hugs))) to you all?

...Karol, love the newest picture on your blog?

...that color is definitely fabulous on Shelly?

...how are all the kiddos doing in school?

...adjusting to middle school (or upper elementary, if that's your case)?

...I'm impressed with Natalie's seemingly seamless transition from elementary school to middle school?

...of course, I'm not impressed with many of her friends, but I'm confident that many of them will outgrow that?

...I've been mulling over the whole Chinese New Year thing?

...I've always maintained that some classes get along better than others, and the Chinese calendar supports my hypothesis?

...Mariah's class...little to no drama?

...they all get along...sure there's groups, and cliques, but for the most part they're just an easy to deal with, high achieving group?

...the teachers even comment on it at back to school nights...how tight knit their grade is...haven't seen anything like it before, etc?

...I try to remind myself that Natalie's class (and consequently, the year of the dragon, lol) are a different bunch, and that I can't hold them to the same standards?

...I just hope she survives with her self-esteem in tact?

...she's great as long as her little posse is all getting along, but she slips into a nasty funk when there's distention among the ranks...and I hate it?

...ok, that's not why I came here?

...lol?

...tangent, much?

...I'm just seriously excited to hear how, midway through the year, your kiddos are doing with 6th grade?

...oh yeah!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 10:48am

dyk

...WOO HOO on the weight Missi?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 1:46pm
OMG, Christol!! What the heck?!? That poor, poor family!! 46 is WAAAAAY too young. :(

Claire sounds a lot like Mariah. Everyone likes her, and a few have gone the extra mile to go to the next level with her, but she never makes the effort. I find it odd, but she's happy, and well adjusted, and well...I'm proud she can stand on her own. Natalie needs the posse, and that drives me batty! ;)
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 1:59pm

Missi, fabulous on the weight loss!!!!!!!! You go, girl!?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 2:30pm
Karol, I often say that I had to find my new normal since my Dad died. It's amazing to me the side steps and steps backwards that happen still but I continue on for my normal.

Claire texted me from her bus ride last Friday that said simply, "I miss Papa". I haven't heard her say that in a long time. But it freshly broke my heart, I didn't know what to say to make it better as a Mother should and than I realized I can't always make it better, so I approached it with honesty and texted back, "I do too. xoxo" I hope you find your "new" happiness because she would want that for you.
Photobucket

Pages