DYK week of June 14th SUMMERTIME!

iVillage Member
DYK week of June 14th SUMMERTIME!
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 9:18am

DYK...

I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of school.

I am so NOT prepared to have the kids home everyday.

A whole summer of breakfast, lunch AND dinner everyday. So help me, God. lol

I made it through last summer. I will again.

AND I should be getting a job here within the next few weeks.

My unemployment will be DONE. I have to get a job. I don't know what to do.

I posted on FB that we were given an air conditioner and an exersaucer.

I have such great friends. My one friend found out that our window A/C broke for the downstairs and her hubby works at Goodwill in the loading dock. (Sidenote: wouldn't it be fun to work at Goodwill and see all the stuff that comes in everyday? lol He gets first pick.) He gets his bonuses on a GW gift card so he grabbed a unit when it came in and bought it for me. I offered to pay them back and they said NO WAY! It works great. It's really huge. We had to use a metal chair to prop it up outside. That's temporary, I have a wood table/stand that will work. Regina and I were giggling last night saying "could we be any more ghetto?" lol

My friend from school/church gave us the exersaucer. It's old, nothing fancy but hey it was free. And it's clean! She has 4 boys, the youngest is 3. She is DONE having kids, she said.

Helen, glad to hear that Eloise is doing well at the psych. Give her a hug from me.

Woo hoo on the medals. :)

Christol, you asked about my friend's son, Andre. I'm not sure what's going on with that. When I was with her that day, he called her cell private. I'll have to call her today to check in.

After you listed the places you applied, I am thinking I might need to step out of the box. Honestly, I really don't want to sit in an office all day/everyday. I've never been a server though. I do have retail experience but it was a long time ago. My friend Carrie (Andre's mom) is a server and she brings home $600 a week sometimes. It wouldn't be too bad during the summer while my kids are home if I worked at night. I was thinking of applying at Rite Aid down the street. It's mostly older women who work there (not teens/students).

Craig's an idiot re; the games. Can you say CLUELESS? lol MEN!

Missi, I'm sorry your mom is giving you trouble about Mariah. It's too bad she can't see what a great thing it is for Mariah to have both sets of grandparents.

Yep, Layla is basically crawling. She was 7 months old on Saturday.

She also pulled herself up in her crib. She is a wild child. lol

Yes, Regina is still breastfeeding her. She's having trouble with sore, cracked, bleeding nipples right now. She has a doctor's appt today for that.

Devin is seeing her every Sunday for about 4-5 hours. Since it's summer, they've decided to up the days. Which is fine with me. He will be going to college in August and that's 2 hours away so he should spend as much time with Layla as he can.

They have not contributed a thing financially since Layla was born. I just recently had to buy a box of diapers. She was still using all of the diapers we received as shower gifts. They don't know that though. We just now ran out of wipes from the shower.

Luckily, I haven't had too much out of pocket yet. I have bought her clothes though. Devin's mom has bought her about 8 outfits her whole life and they were all impractical. The ones she bought for the shower, Layla never even wore.

Then she bought some a couple months ago that were almost too small and were winter clothes. *rolling eyes*

Layla needs a high chair, Regina has asked Devin several times about it.

He threw in her face last night that the baby never stays the night over there. What does that have to do with a high chair?? That's his crazy parents talking.

I told Regina NEVER MIND. Do not ask them for a thing. I will take care of it. I'll find a way. I am keeping track of all of this.

She shouldn't have to ask/beg for stuff. They should be ASKING and OFFERING. They have two adults working over there and Devin's mom makes good money. She just bought Devin a $400 iPod.

Anyway. Whatever. I'll get Miss Layla taken care of. :)

Hope everyone has a nice Monday.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 10:04am

DYK...

...our wireless router quit on us?

...we haven't had it that long, but it's not covered anymore?

...so my internet time is limited to the basement desktop~with no A/C down here?

...Carmen, I want to slap Devin and his parents?

...I wish we were closer because I have a high chair in my garage that needs to go?

...I know that doesn't help you?

...Christol, I also want to slap Craig?

...Missi, I totally understand not answering your mom and sister's calls/emails?

...my family is driving me crazy?

...I can't even go to the store w/o hearing, "You didn't tell me you were going?"

...wth?

...I hear all the time how we spend all of our time with his family.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 10:14am

DYK

...shame on them Carmen?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 4:24pm
Yep Christol, his mom made it perfectly clear to me that she didn't want me worrying about it being my sole financial responsibility. And now...nothing. She doesn't think of anyone but herself. How can it not occur to her? Devin is a minor. He just graduated from HS and doesn't have a job. How would he provide anything? That would be like me expecting Regina to go out and buy diapers, etc. herself.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2010 - 9:22am

DYK

...where the heck is everyone?

...are you getting better weather than us and you are out enjoying it??

...if that's the case, color me GREEN with envy?

...it's RAINING again?

...Claire woke to the rain last night and wailed, "it's raining again, when is summer going to start"??

...the tan I had started is GONE!?

...Carmen, that Mother is a PIECE of work?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2010 - 11:29am

DYK...

...please excuse the next few threads as I'll be venting about Devin and his parents?

...LOL?

...ok, first of all if he JUST graduated, he's darn sure old enough to hold a full-time, summer job AND old enough to pay Regina child support!?

...like Christol said, now is when the bar is set?

...I got my first job at 14 (our legal age to work here) and maintained a job year-round, with hours nearly full-time, if not full-time, in the summer?

...every summer?

...by the time I was 16, I maintained 2-3 different jobs, at the same time?

...I nannied for a family with 2 boys and taught swim lessons and lifeguarded?

...I had financial responsibilities...I was expected to pay for my own car insurance, and well...I liked working and liked the freedom to buy myself things?

...so, yeah...if Devin isn't working, he SHOULD be...and I'd say 25% of his income should go to Regina?

...and if he can't pay it 'cause he's at college...well I'm gonna call a BS on that too...Gerad got his bachelor's, full-time student, while supporting me and Mariah?

...so, he needs to be working and paying now, and he needs to be working at college too?

...OY...

...yeah, it's hard, but it IS harder when you have babies young?

...I should know?

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-17-2010 - 11:28am

DYK

...Missi, glad Gerad stepped it up a bit?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 1:04pm

DYK

...Butthead Craig strikes again?

...I have plans to go to a concert tomorrow night?

...dinner here before with the girls?

...he calls me this morning at 11 to tell me that he is moving his parents this weekend and the kids can come but they will stay at Hank's Dads since he'll be busy?

...I asked the kids what they wanted to do, they of course didn't want to go?

...here's a little background?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 7:58pm

DYK...

**high fives** to Max on the excellent grades??

...that's phenomenal??

...Christol, I don't know if you know what a blessing your blog has been?

...I've done several of your recipes, and currently have my corn on the cob in my oven?

...I love corn on the cob but hate the mess to boil them?

...I've grilled them on the grill and that's yummy, but sometimes I want it when we're not grilling, so this is perfect?

...can't wait??

...28 minutes to go?

...you guys, I've been struggling?

...like really struggling?

...working from home with the kids home is INSANE?

...I can't get anything done?

...I'm losing clients because I can't get them called back?

...even every day functioning isn't happening?

...I started taking note of how long things take me because frankly, I just can't get ANYTHING completed?

...my house isn't "dirty" but it's messy?

...I grew up in a white glove house and mine drives me CRAZY?

...even getting the kids where they need to be, it's insane?

...I had to take Owen and Natalie to the grocery store...I was shopping with lists, which is rare for me...IF I make a list I don't actually make it to the store WITH them?

...consequently I end up with **9** boxes of taco shells because I'm so disorganized?

...care to wager how long a grocery trip took me with two kids and a list?

...3 hours?

...I wanted to give up, and I typically do, but I stuck it out and FINISHED shopping...and it took me 3 freaking hours?

...Wednesday, I decided we'd go to the pool, so I tell the kids to get ready...everyone, Owen included, got themselves ready and to the door...I was the holdup?

...I had to find my suit...found the top, searched for the bottoms...had to find the sunscreen, grab towels, find our pool passes...get all ready to leave...can't find my keys?

...care to guess how long all of that took me?

...and hour and a half...and I'm not sitting down for a bon bon break in the middle of it, I run around like crazy ALL freaking day long and accomplish NOTHING??!?

...so my PA friend asked me...so, Natalie's ADHD treatment going well?

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 11:00pm

DYK

...good luck with the meds Missi?

...I hope you feel good on them soon?

...no ONE should be in a grocery store that long;)?

...I wish I lived closer and I could help?

...I need some new ways to spend my time and hanging out with Owen, well I could use the smiles;)?

...Glad you are liking the blog recipes?

...I really don't spend a lot of time cooking?

Photobucket