DYK Week of June 6th......

iVillage Member
DYK Week of June 6th......
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 10:50pm

DYK...

My Great Uncle Louie passed away on Friday. He went in for a hip surgery and ended up having a heart attack. He was 77. He was my Grandma's baby brother. My Mom, Grandma, Aunt and her husband are off to New York at 4 a.m. for the funeral. I'm glad though that all of my kids got to meet him at our last family reunion in 2007 to see what a great guy he was.

Last night we had a tornado warning. I woke the kids up around 11:30 because the sirens were going off and the news was saying to take cover immediately. I wasn't taking any chances. Luckily nothing happened. We just had some water in the basement. I sucked most of it up with the Shop Vac and the rest with a sponge mop. My Shop Vac is now dead. It had a good run though, I've had it for at least 10 years. And I've used it A LOT.

Some blankets got wet on the floor so I've been doing laundry all day.

Tomorrow I am going to the support hearing and since I'll be in South Bend, I'm meeting up with my friend Carrie. I haven't seen her in almost 3 years. Crazy.

Her son, Andre, has been getting in tons of trouble. He's 16. He had a body attachment on and was on house arrest. He somehow cut off the attachment and has been missing for 4 days.

I've been friends with her since 3rd grade and I hate to say this but her mothering skills were lacking in the past. I'm not sure how things are now but a lot of the way Andre acts is because of her lack of attention.

I feel bad for her though. I know she loves her kids and is worried sick about Andre.

Christol, sounds like Dylan's hockey coach is promising.

I hope it works out.

Sonic's food is nasty but the slushies are YUMMY!

I feel sorry for Claire's friend. I just don't get some parents at all.

I'm glad nothing happened with Columbo.

Well, I have to go put some clothes in the dryer. After washing all the stuff that got wet, I realized that Rhiannon had nothing to wear tomorrow. Sheesh.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 9:06am

DYK

...Carmen, I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 9:41am

DYK...

...Carmen, I'm so sorry for your family's loss?

...I'm glad your kids were able to meet him?

...I love when my family meets my extended family?

...my great uncle could seriously be a stand up comedian?

...seriously...he was at a comedy show in Branson, Yakov Smirnof, (or something like that) and they called him up on stage, and my uncle seriously stole the show!?

...they had video that we got to watch?

...it LOOKED scripted, but we all know it wasn't...he's just that witty?

...my grandma (dad's mom) is pretty quick witted too?

...and my dad LOVES a good laugh?

...my dad's siblings are also ALL EXCELLENT with kids?

...he has a pretty neat family, much to my mom's chagrin?

...oh well?

...I like Sonic food?

...*blush*

...last year they had these cherry limeade milkshakes and they were to die for??

...of course I'm a sucker for a good limeade, so when it came in a shake form, I had to try it?

...YUM?

...wondering if they're back this summer?

...Christol, you'll win over your neighbors, I know you will?

...if you can't you just gimme Columbo's number and WE'LL move in?!?!?!?!

...of course we may not be friends after my first MN winter?

...I get a feeling you're not too fond of whiners?

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 11:08am

DYK...

it's Monday and I'm here! Have a completely open day with the house all to myself. Need to pay bills and organize one of the cabinets in the kitchen. Already cleaned out the junk drawer!

Had most of my family over yesterday to celebrate Gabe's birthday, my mom's birthday and Father's Day. It was nice. Although our house is very small and it was not nice enough to be outside but we managed. None of my sisters will ever offer to have get togethers even though their houses are much bigger than ours. I don't think my mom should always be the one that has the party. It's too much for her.

She's feeling great, her appt with the neurosurgeon is Wednesday so I will let you know what we find out.

Brian went back to the oral surgeon and the thing on his tongue was nothing just like the dr. predicted!!!

7 1/2 more days of school, can't wait for the 6:30 alarm clock to be over!!!

Mail has already been delivered today and still no card from the IL's. Like I said before Gabe doesn't even know but Brian does and he's beyond ticked!

Week full of baseball here, Cole has games Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (Friday's game just got rescheduled) and practice Wednesday. Gabe has a game on Thursday. Not really thrilled with Cole's coach this year. He seems to think that the world revolves around baseball and that the boys should be able to practice everyday at least 15 minutes. Well I'm sorry but that just isn't always possible. We do the best we can but we do have a life!!

well better run but just wanted to check in!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 2:35pm

DYK...

...Carmen, so sorry to hear about your uncle?

...sorry about the water in your basement, too?

...how was the hearing?

...how was Aaron?

...Lauri, good to see you pop in?

...glad you had a nice family party?

...Christol, creepy about Columbo showing up?

...glad someone had Max's back, just in case?

...Missi, Way To Go on the weight loss?

...and I feel ya on the kids kicking your butt?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 3:53pm

Kelley, my mom had a bunionectomy, and while the recovery is difficult, she's been SO much better off since!

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 4:01pm
Missi, funny you should mention the big book thing.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 8:05pm

DYK

...Kelley, I would also have the surgery on your bunion?

...it could get worse and then you'd miss the full 6-8 weeks during the winter recovering?

...I've been on crutches in the winter and let me tell ya, NOT FUN?

...as for the call back, you'll be a week or two from final recovery, you should be able to work?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 7:48am

DYK????

Carmen, I am so sorry to hear about your Great Uncle. I am glad to hear that the children knew him. Sending hugs your way?

Scary about the tornadoes. Be safe?

How was the trip to South Bend?

Missi, how terrific to see your workouts paying off for you. Keep up the good work?

Loved Mariah's art work. So impressive?

Christol, good luck with Kristen's house sale. Hope it goes quickly and easily?

Lauri, great news about Brian's tongue and so happy to hear your mom's feeling better?

Kelley, good luck with the foot issues and the surgery. Hopefully, you can head back to school with little pain by then?

My sister had a bunion operated on about 4 years ago and she is still dealing with pain and possibly in need of another surgery?

She said my foot looked like it was a bunion. She also recommended that I get some good orthotics before going the surgery route. So I think I will?

I also think I could have a ganglion cyst on top of my foot?

I had one on the top of my hand about two years ago and it went away on its own and it never hurt?

I am back with another one on top of the same hand. They call them "Bible bumps" because they would slam it with a Bible long ago?

John suffered with plantar fascitis. It has definitely improved over time for him?

We had a fabulous weekend with my family?

It was so emotional to see my nephew graduate. I am very close with both of my sister, Linda's, children?

She had a great party for him and we saw all kinds of people we haven't seen in a long time. Very fun?

I need to get the pictures on to my blog. Will do that today?

This Friday I head to Northern Virginia by myself for another graduation (my other sister's son)?

Then back on Saturday?

My sister and niece are coming next Sunday for Shelly's Kindy graduation?

And we'll be going back to VB around the 17th for our final graduation of the season! Phew!!!?

Still have 5.5 days of school left?

I have a long to-do list for today?

I need to clean, organize, run some errands, and prepare to leave on Friday?

The girls have horseback today??

Tomorrow they are having friends over to swim?

Thursday morning is Shelly's awards assembly. Sadly, I'll miss Lily's awards on Friday afternoon?

And, Thursday I think we'll go get pedicures and have some dinner out as a little something for them before the year ends and I leave for the graduation on Friday?

Hope all is well with each of you?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 11:35pm

DYK...

The support hearing went fine. They lowered his support to $28 per week plus $12 for back support. $40 per week. We'll see if he pays it. Apparently he's unemployed now. Whatever.

It wasn't that bad seeing Aaron. I can say I have NO feelings whatsoever for him. I know he does for me still but he made things this way. He looks like shyt too. lol He has gained a ton of weight. He's unhealthy. He's having all kinds of health problems. I guess that's what happens when you spend 25 years of your life smoking, drinking and doing drugs, right?

He told me he's been coaching youth basketball at the Y for a few years. That kind of irritated me. He can do that but can't see his own kids or take part in their lives.

He puts on a great show, he probably has all those people fooled. That irritates me a lot. Oh well.

The ball is in his court now. He has the choice whether or not he wants to get to know his son.

When I got home, I found a reply email from the caseworker saying I didn't have to go, I could have done it by phone. Gee thanks for getting back to me in a timely manner.

It's alright though, it was nice seeing my friend and her daughter who will be 2 next month who I've never seen in person.

And it's not that long of a drive, just a little under and hour and a half.

We went out to eat at a Mexican place that's local. Not the best authentic Mexican food but we grew up eating there so you know how that is.

Kelley, do you guys have a Hacienda by you?

Missi, I am really impressed with Mariah's art you've shared on FB. How cool that she gets to do that.

I think it's great that you're working out.

Lauri, I'm glad to hear that you mom is feeling good.

It sounds like Cole's coach is the opposite of Joey's. I was wishing his coach would take it a little more seriously so the kids would improve a little more. Joey's last game is actually tomorrow. Playoffs start next week. They just started keeping score and doing the 3 outs a few games ago.

I am going to request for next year that Joey gets the first coach he had when he started t-ball. He is so awesome.

Kelley, how BAD does your bunion really hurt? I know most everyone is for the surgery. BUT in highschool and in my early 20s, my bunions hurt SO bad. I mean so bad I had to leave bars, parties, etc because my feet hurt. I think that's when the bunions were forming. Because now my bunions rarely hurt. Other parts of my feet hurt but that's another story. lol

When did the bunion pain start? I'm just saying all this because maybe if you wait it out, the pain will be less severe and you won't have to do the surgery.

I know how much it hurts though. I used to describe it like someone taking a knife and twisting it into my foot.

Karol, I'm glad you had such a nice time at the graduations.

Devin is graduating tomorrow. Regina is in the choir so she will be there because they have to sing. That means I have to take Miss Layla to Joey's game. :)

Speaking of Miss Layla...she is practically crawling. She does the army crawl thing now and she pulled herself up in her crib last night. She is growing so fast!

Okay I have to put some laundry in the dryer and then I'm off to bed.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 1:41pm

DYK...

...Carmen, glad to hear the hearing wasn't terrible?

...cyber slaps to the woman who emailed your notice a little late?

...and, yes, we do have Hacienda's here and we LOVE them?

...Marie, looks like you guys had fun in spite of the rain?

...Missi, loving Mariah's pictures?

...so talented?

...Karol, great graduation pics?

...I can't believe you still have more to go to?

...Christol, happy birthday to Henry?

...Helen, how ya doing?

...thanks for the thoughts on my foot?

...yeah, the pain is pretty bad.

Photobucket

Pages