Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-03-2009 - 12:12am

DYK...

...I'm exhausted!?

...had my mom's 60th birthday bash?

...been running around like a chicken with her head cut off for days?

...enjoying my brother and his family being here?

...sad it's almost over?

...my mom's party was a success?

...we had about 40 people in attendance?

...most of that was family ~ LOL?

...I'll share pics soon?

...took family pics of MY family today?

...I'm BEAT?

...my remote was out of range, so I had to set it up on the tripod and then RUN back to get in the picture ~ we'll see how they turned out?

...eek?

...LOTS of editing, piling up on me?

...Kelley, got some school shopping done, huh?

...yeah, I haven't even started?

...*whine*

...I got each of the girls a couple of clothing items for back to school, but no supplies?

...ok, I've got to get to bed?

...it takes me a while to wind down after all the days' activites, but then I PAY for it the next day ~ it's a bad, downward spiral?

...happy end-of-the-weekend to ya?

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

Photobucket

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-03-2009 - 11:58am

Did you know...

..."it's August" makes me cringe?

...I so don't want the summer to be over?

...One more week til I go to work:(??

...Kelley, glad you got the closets cleaned out?

...and high five on the school shopping?

...like Missi, I've done nothing?

...denial is working for me;)?

...Missi, can't wait to see all your photos?

...glad your Mom had a nice party?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-03-2009 - 4:53pm

DYK...

Missi, glad to hear your mom's party was a success. :)

Can't wait to see your family pics.

I haven't started school shopping yet either but we still have over a month.

I just found out the Burlington Coat Factory has layaway. It's the only other store besides Kmart that still does it. Actually, I just went yesterday to put a stroller and car seat on layaway for Regina. All baby items are 90 day layaway period. Pretty cool huh? Everything else is 60 days. I think we might be making a trip there for back to school clothes. We'll see.

Joey just asked me "what's that movie Bridge to Narnia?" lol

He meant Teribithia. Hehe.

He's so cute sometimes. How can he be so cute AND so annoying at times?

Christol, that sucks that you have to go back to work. I hope you can get everything done you need to.

I test drove a van today (not the one I asked you about, Christol. That one sold already.)

This one is a 2002 Mercury Villager. I had my friend's fiance look at it he said it's in good condition. Nothing majorly wrong.

They are asking about $500 more than I want to pay. I am still thinking about it.

It's really nice, leather seats, fully loaded.

Kids love it.

I hate making big decisions.

Send me some easy decision making vibes. lol

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-03-2009 - 4:58pm

This is the car seat we got. I love the pattern, it has little trees on it. The stroller matches.

http://www.gracobaby.com/Catalog/Pages/productlistingPage.aspx?catid=10:41||1%2010434:4294959420||1+13:4294959440||1#/1728

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-04-2009 - 1:11pm

Did you know...

...that's a cute car seat Carmen?

...I got Max's high chair from Burlington?

...I also saw last year, dressy Christmas dresses for girls with matching AG doll dresses for like $30?

...gonna check it out this year for Claire?

...I have the basement walls painted, on to finishing the other half of the floor as soon as I'm done with this?

...Claire has a friend over?

...Max is golfing?

...no National Night Out for us this year?

...the lady who always organized it, lives on the other side of Columbo and Columbo sent a really nasty email to the entire block after she sent out the email for last years?

...saying she was nice to your face but a back stabbing witch?

...yes, we all know he's insane but it hurt her feelings just the same and I assume that's why she didn't do it?

...don't blame her?

...Alanna invited us over, her block never has one?

...her dh is out of town so the kids can have fun and be noisy?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-04-2009 - 7:39pm
OMGosh! Columbo is a serious NUTCASE. Not like I didn't already know it but he just gets worse.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-05-2009 - 1:38pm

DYK????

Missi, hope we can see the photos from your mom’s party. How fun?

Christol, I’m impressed with how much you’ve completed with the house. You have really knocked it out this summer?

Columbo is a complete loser?

Carmen, my parents had a Mercury Villager about 10 years ago and I always liked it. What did you decide to do about the van?

I haven’t been to our Burlington Coat Factory in years. I used to shop there all the time when I was teaching and buying work clothes?

Lily is at a friend’s house today and Shelly and I are hanging out together. It has been fun. We went on a bike ride and played play-doh?

Lily has horseback riding lessons tonight and Shelly is also going to give it a try?

My sister and her kids were here from Saturday-Tuesday. It was a great time. We looked at 4 NC colleges together. They stopped at 2 on their way down and then hit two more schools in VA on their way back home?

Can’t believe my nephew will be a senior next year and then off to college?

I am still reading Twilight. Think I may be able to finish it in the next day or so?

I am enjoying it, but maybe not as much as all of the hype set it up to be?

My sister brought a book for me to read next. It’s a Jodi Picoult, Picture Perfect. Has anyone read this one? I know there are a few of you who have talked about her books?

We did some school shopping yesterday. I think we are pretty much set with the supplies. Shelly hasn’t received her Kindergarten letter that contains the supply list. So, we will probably need to pick up a few more things after we get it?

This is Shelly’s backpack from Target http://www.target.com/Embark-Preppy-Backpack-Argyle/dp/B001QY7ING/ref=br_1_24?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=list&searchNodeID=362715011&node=362715011&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=Embark%20Preppy%20Backpack%20Argyle ?

Can’t find Lily’s on the site. Her bag is more of a tote bag that is purple with a peace sign on it. Cute?

Haven’t done any clothes shopping yet. They have plenty for the first few warm months of school here?

We’ll probably hit the stores in September for some school clothes. Of course, we may get a little outfit for the first day of school?

Well, off to read a little more of the book?

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-05-2009 - 4:51pm

DYK:
Karol, I read Picture Perfect a while ago?

It wasn't one of my most fav JP books...but I haven't disliked any of her books?

If I am remembering correctly, it wasn't one of her more intense books (as far as ethically gray lines, etc)....wasn't one that haunted me like some of the others by her....but that isn't a bad thing, lol?

I just found out yesterday that the author of the twilight series has the first few chapters of her next book published on her website?

I had heard that it was leaked and so she was refusing to read it...I refused to read something that was leaked without her permission...so I never read it.....but she put it on her website along with a note explaining why and saying she was going to finish writing it so I am reading it?

It is the first book all over, only written from Edwards POV....pretty neat...I want to go back and look at the parallels between the story as he tells it and the first one from Bella's POV....but I lent my book out to someone at work months ago and haven't seen it since (she lent it to someone else, yadda yadda....I have no idea where it is now)?

I read a book not long ago called "Three Little Words"....forget who wrote it and also lent that one out so I can't look at it...but it was a great book?

It was written by someone who was raised in the foster care system about her journey....of course it hit close to home with me...but everyone else who borrowed it seems to like it...just in case any of you are looking for a new book?

It isn't that long so it was a pretty quick read?

Photobucket

signature

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-05-2009 - 10:12pm

Hey all. I am going to have to do like Marie does and post my DYK once a week. I get so busy, and so behind that get embarassed and don't want to post because I have so much to respond to but it is old news by then! LOL!

So, we are getting settled in the new, more permanent place. Very nice.

Work is work...lol...but I am thankful for the steady paycheck.

I am going to have a teenager in the house on the 19th. Meredith is turning 13 and I am not ready. LOL I am thinking of getting her the BBC's Robin Hood DVD's. She is addicted!

The job is a temp (with a small chance of perm) so I need to find something permanent or at least more long term. Election season is coming up, and I had such a great time interning for Sen. Udall's campaign that I might see if I can't go to work for another campaign. I know our primaries are later in the year, so I should have a job for at least a while, right?! :)

Devin and Aiden are going to have to get jobs to keep up with the food bill! They just went through growth spurts and are outgrowing their clothes and eating everything in the house! I can't keep up!

I have a ton of stuff to do, just no motivation to do it. I am exhausted. I need someone to light a fire under my butt...I suppose I had better go get it done, though.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-05-2009 - 11:31pm

Did you know...

...Patti, a teenager?!?

Photobucket

Pages