I thought we needed a new thread?

...what's goin on ladies?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-16-2009 - 2:18pm

Did you know...

...thanks Kelley, I was thinking the same thing?

...Looks like the golf tournament was a success?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-16-2009 - 7:08pm

Did you know...

...Christol, that's awesome what your kids did for those who can't?

...you must be so proud?

...I'm lol'ing at you being loud to Hank?

...yes, I'd love ideas for fundraisers?

...this one was thrown together quick and his parents aren't really getting along at the moment, so it wasn't what it could have been.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 1:05pm

Did you know...

...Kelley, good luck with the job search?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 1:29pm
Kelley,
Kaylee starts on Wednesday. Alora and Arionna start on Thursday (though Friday she doesn't have school...they do staggered entry for kindie...half the class on Thursday and half on Friday...so my friend and I consider Monday the "real" first day of school).
disney.jpg picture by marieef
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 1:40pm

DYK??????????

Missi, hope you are getting some rest?

I can so relate to not sleeping well. I was super tired last night, but didn’t get to bed until 2:30?

Loved all of the pictures from the birthday celebrations. How fun. Oh, and can’t get over the fact that Owen is 3?

Carmen, my refrigerator is pretty clean. As you guys know, I am obsessed with throwing out any leftovers—they go out the night before trash day. I wipe out the inside pretty frequently. I recently bought these liners for the shelves. It seems to make it easier to keep the milk/fruit/veggie areas cleaner?

Christol, that guy kissing you grosses me out. What a weirdo. I think you handled it well, though?

Helen, how nice of your brother to plan such a wonderful trip for you and your mom. Always great to have something on the horizon to look forward to?

Christy, the way to block people on FB goes something like this:

I created a group for all of the people I was blocking, then click on settings on the top and go to privacy settings. Once there, choose the area you’re interested in controlling. I go to “profile” and then you can customize how you are going to block in various areas. I just played around with it until it looked the way I wanted it to look. Oh, and you can also look at your FB page under someone else’s name to be sure that it looks the way you want.

Did that make sense? If not, just let me know?

Kelley, way to go on the fund raiser?

How are the boys doing at school and how are you doing at home without them?

I am filled with various emotions about the start of school?

Shelly found out who her teacher will be. Her name is Miss Martin and she is new to the school and taught 4th grade last year. So, this will be her second year teaching. I am excited about a new teacher with fresh new ideas?

Lily also received a letter from the school stating that she has been selected for the AIG (Academically/Intellectually Gifted) program. I know the teacher of the AIG program and I know Lily will have a great experience with her. I am always a bit leery of take-out programs in the classroom, but I feel she will benefit from time with this teacher. I’m proud of her?

Tomorrow I plan to get the girls out and do some errands. We need to get a few items on the Kindergarten list?

We read the book Matilda this summer and I want to rent the movie for them to see. So, we’ll get that tomorrow?

Thursday the girls have a physical and then we go to the school to meet Shelly’s teacher and find out who Lily’s teacher will be?

That evening we have an orientation for the parents for Kindergarten?

And John’s uncle will be coming to the house to stay the night on his way to VB to spend time with John’s mom?

Can’t believe the summer is coming to a close?

Oh, we had such a good time on our trip?

The girls loved the AG store?

Lily had a chance to join a gymnastics class while we were there. John’s aunt’s daughter owns a gym. Lily had fun. She also met the neighbor’s daughter and they played?

We went into Atlanta yesterday on our way out and visited the Coca-Cola museum, the Olympic park and had lunch at The Varsity. Good time?

I posted some photos on my blog?

We have had the kind of summer I hoped for---one filled with plans and trips to nearby places?

I think they have enjoyed their summer?

I posted above about my dad?

I talked to him awhile ago and he was doing well. He slept fairly well last night and they were planning to run some tests today?

The doctors were optimistic yesterday and I am eager to hear their report today?

It has been an emotional experience and I am so ready for a turn in our lives. We all need it?

Hope you are all enjoying your day?

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-17-2009 - 3:36pm

DYK:

Missi, I to LOVE the bday pics?

I can't believe how fast Owen is growing up....I see pics of that little boy and he just melts my heart....what a cutie he is!?

I also LOVE your hair?

Christol, ewwww on the weird kissing man?

Kelley....good luck on the job hunt.....I am sorry the school job didn't work out?

I was lol'ing at you ducking from a ball while trying to take pics....glad the tourny was a success?

I am sorry Trey's parents aren't getting along....the whole thing has to be so hard on them?

I didn't think anyone started school as early as we do....the girls first day is Wed, we have an ice cream social tonight (chance to meet the teachers) if I can figure out what time it is, lol?

Barbara, that really sucks that apple isn't going to bend any on scheduling....good luck to you as well on your job hunt?

Helen, how cool of your bro to arrange such a neat trip for you and your mom?

When my kids start getting into that entitlement mentality, I step back and resort to good old fashioned "all you need is food and shelter" mindset....like Christol, I also talk as little as possible, which drives them CRAZY...that is how they know I am REALLY upset?

Karol, I created the groups...I just can't figure out how to have the privacy settings ONLY apply to those groups?

OMG how WONDERFUL that Lily was selected for the gifted program...that is AWESOME?

You must be so proud of her?

Nothing is really going on around here....I am thinking I might head out to the mall with the girls....B is at an in between phase with her clothes so I think I might take her to get some stuff in adult sizes, if I can figure out what size jeans she needs....got her some 16's from old navy...but they are really the only place that has that size and her selection was limited?

Did I tell you, she has bigger feet them ME....I am just floored at how fast that happened?

She raided my closet and stole a bunch of my clothes....which is actually nice since the stuff she stole, I don't wear often?

When we were shopping the other day, she wanted to get padded bras....I am just floored that a lot of the "training" size bras are so padded now...seems crazy to me.....I told her she doesn't need to grow up any faster then she already is and doesn't need to give herself boobs faster then she is already getting them, lol?

Besides (I didn't tell her this)..if she stays true to looking like Brian's side of the family, she will probably have bigger boobs them ME here soon (and I had to BUY mine, lol)?

My dad has been calling pretty frequently (he is in a halfway house now) and he is SUCH an energy zapper for me....just got off the phone with him?

Just when I start to think he is making a turn in his warped thought process...he says something or does something that makes me feel like banging my head against a wall, lol?

Argh, the girls are having a "lets see what stupid thing we can fight about" day today.....driving me crazy....it has been chilly, rainy, and cloudy so they haven't been able to get outside much....which makes them nit picky to each other...and makes ME start counting the days until school starts?

Yeah, maybe that trip to the mall won't happen afterall?

Photobucket

signature

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-18-2009 - 11:46am

Did you know...

...I'm tired, PMSing, slammed busy at work

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-18-2009 - 4:10pm

DYK:

Christol, I think it is way cool that you give treats to coworkers?

That guy is a weirdo....but I am wondering if he is just looking for a reason to talk to you and that is all he can come up with?

Think positive, hopefully he DID pay it forward, lol?

I do have a question for you...it is more mortgage related then real estate, but I figure you deal with that a lot as well so you are my best bet, lol?

Remember, I have never bought a house before so I am rather clueless...so this might be a stupid question?

So, if we are relocating and Brian will keep his job but I will not, will I still be able to use my income when figuring out how much we are approved for?

I know a friend who just bought a house had just started a new job and she had to be on her job for so long before they would allow her to use her income in the equation....so if I have to be on the job so long in our new state before being able to use my income, that might royally suck, lol?

My hope is that we can do the pre approval thing and shop for a house a couple of months before we move (after we get orders) so that when we do move, we can go right into the place we are going to stay.....but if they won't count my income if we do it that way then I might need to rethink things?

Actually, I may need to do things like refinance our car to only my name now so that it isn't on Brian's debt to income.....would that help?

Ok, just random thoughts/questions as I am trying to think through how things will work, lol?

Photobucket

signature

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-18-2009 - 10:59pm
Jeez Christol! That guy is a doofus! I'm sorry but it made me lol. I have totally had people like that in my life. They just don't GET IT!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-18-2009 - 11:00pm

Christy, I'll send the question to my best "creative" lender and see what he has to say BUT I'm pretty sure that you will not be allowed to use your income because you technically have none.

Photobucket

Pages