DYKs for 6/8/09...

iVillage Member
DYKs for 6/8/09...
Mon, 06-08-2009 - 8:18am

Ladies, has summer vacation begun at your house???

What are your plans for these lazy days of summer?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-08-2009 - 10:54am

Summer Vacation doesnt start at our place for another 3 weeks.

Rock Stars
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-08-2009 - 11:00am
We are one week into summer vacation.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-08-2009 - 10:06pm

Did you know...

...My kids are done tomorrow?

...I work until the following Thursday?

...we'll be coming to Kansas end of June?

...Golf for Max every Tuesday and baseball Tue and Thursday nights?

...July, first Pow Wow without my Dad:(?

...lots of time at the pool, if it ever warms up?!?

...Kelley, LOVE the mohawk but you forgot to dye it Red or Blue;)

...Carmen, good garage sale finds?

...wish I liked to dig?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-08-2009 - 11:24pm

DYK...

The last day of school here is Thursday. Tomorrow is the last full day. Wednesday and Thursday are half days.

I don't know if I'm really looking forward to summer. lol

The kids are driving me CRAZY!!!

I told you also that I am helping out my friend. Her kids are starting to wear on my nerves too! Actually it's just the older one. She takes medication for oppositional behavior disorder or something like that and for ADHD. But I swear sometimes she just plays on that. I don't know if she is capable of doing that, but it just seems that way sometimes.

So both her girls are going to summer school but the older one is getting on the bus at my house and the younger one I need to walk down to school. Then they are back here at 2:30 M-Th and Friday all day.

I *know* that she needs my help and can't afford to pay daycare. I have been there and would have given anything for someone to help me out for free. *sigh*

I just am irritable lately I guess.

Talk about irritation, we don't have cable so we had to get a converter box which I couldn't even really afford the $23 for that and NOW we need a special antenna. Seriously??!! I was so ticked tonight.

I need a break.

Anyway........lol

Christine, Circus Camp sounds like so much fun!

My kids aren't doing any camps, one I couldn't afford sleep-away camp and two the daycamps were all filled up at the parks.

Kelley, our t-ball coach is pissing me off. After every game, he sits the kids down and basically lectures them telling them all of the things they did wrong and makes them run a lap around the field. I was so close to saying something last time but I was afraid I would really cause a scene so we just left.

I am requesting that we do NOT get him next year, I cannot stand him!!!

Camping sounds fun!

Christol, Columbo is such a freak! I think you will be so much happier when you move, more than you can even know now.

It was so hot today. Now it's cooled down so much, I opened the window and it's actually kind of chilly in here. Crazy weather.

Tomorrow, I am going shopping with my Grandma for bridal shower food. The shower is Sunday. I am making my tortilla roll-ups. We are also serving fruit with dip, veggie pizza, pasta salad and cupcakes.

They registered at Bed Bath and Beyond. Can you say RIDICULOUS prices??!! I was cringing the whole time. I ended up getting a cookie sheet and cooling rack.

Well, I guess I am off to bed.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-09-2009 - 7:40am

DYK???

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-09-2009 - 9:06am

Did you know...

...Christine, is Circus camp exactly that?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-09-2009 - 9:25am

DYK...

Karol, I'm always glad to hear a good update on your dad. I love that he's using his iPod. It can be so fun when you realize that you haven't listened to enough good music lately. :)

WOO HOO Lily!!!! I'm so proud of your good grades!

Sounds like you have lots of fun planned.

I haven't planned much for us yet. I think it will just be a play by ear thing this summer.

I checked out Goodwill yesterday and found NOTHING.

I'm trying to think positive about having the other kids around. I am thinking, it's only a couple hours a day and then all day Fridays.

I figure we can do things in the morning without them if we want.

I am laying down the law with all the kids this Friday because they are not going to ruin MY summer with all of their ISSUES.

I swear they all argue about everything.

Did I tell you guys that if we want the kids can eat lunch for free at school all summer? Even Regina. It's a good program. Apparently in our area, parents don't feed their kids lunch regularly in the summer. Isn't that sad?

The kids said they don't want to eat lunch there, I said on Fridays I think I will send them down there.

We barely ever have any food here. I have enough for meals and that's about it so my pantry is never stocked up. Actually I don't even have a pantry. lol So I guess my cupboards are never stocked up.

So my friend brought over all this food that she never used. I am talking probably $60 worth, maybe more. Canned/jar goods, pasta, brownie mix, etc. I guess she feels like since I am watching her kids, she will give us some food. lol I guess she's too lazy to cook it! (That's what she said!)

Christol, I am just like you with the profile thing. I can't even tell you how many times I looked at Dan's profile when we broke up.

Well, I had better get my shoes on, my Grandma said she'd be here at 10:00 but she's always early.

Have a great day, everyone!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-09-2009 - 9:55am

DYK...

...WOW, am I behind on DYK's?

...I tried to catch up, but not sure I am, totally?

...I currently have a big lump in my throat ~ Christol, did you and Scott break up?

...I don't know why I've been so darn emotional about everything?

...Karol, tell Lily CoNgRaTs on her academic accomplishments?

...I've been shopping goodwill for some things too ~ I'll explain later?

...Carmen, you're a good friend to watch a friend's kids?

...I couldn't do it?

...I hope Karma pays you back big dividends?

...you deserve good things?

...Helen, you remain in my thoughts and prayers?

...I'm amazed at how late some of your kiddos school years go?

...my kids were out May 25th?

...it's been a busy summer so far, sorry I've been scant around here?

...had some family come visit?

...hey, the fountains we did with them, we could definitely do while you all are here?

...at 9PM, they set the fountains (and lights) to music, and it's really cool, and it's FREE?

...we could eat at fritz's, and then go play in the fountains?

...http://www.crowncenter.com/Dining-Dining/Index.htm

http://cityvoter.com/fritz-s-railroad-restaurant-2500-grand-ave-crown-center-kansas-city-mo-64108/loc/31639

...pics on my blog?

...cheap and fun?

...and now for the big kicker...we're 90% sure we're going to list our house this weekend?

...I think we're just going to do it?

...we figure we're in a unique situation with the interest rates being low (but on the rise, fast!) and home prices being low?

...so we've been working like MAD on this house?

...we're probably 80% done with everything we're trying to get done?

...the goal is to have it on the market by this weekend?

...yeah, talk about stressor?

...so, that's why I've no been aroudn much?

...I'm also running myself ragged trying to make sure the girls still have a good summer?

...they went to Omaha with my mom and her husband this weekend?

...and they're going to CO next weekend, and I'll go get them just before all you fine ladies get into town?

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-09-2009 - 9:56am
We have that lunch program here as well.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-09-2009 - 11:06am

DYK,

Rock Stars

Pages