Mon, 01-09-2012 - 6:49am

Is everyone back to school?

How was your break?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-09-2012 - 11:55am

I guess I'll talk to myself?:smileytongue:

This if our first full week after break?

If the weather holds out & we don't have a snow day, then we get next Monday off?

I'm hoping for that?

My boss has found a way to keep the moron out of our room for the mornings?

So we still have her in the afternoon, but it is better?

Cole got straight A's again?

Little stinker?

Noah had all A's except for a B in TAG?

I was happy with that because getting a B from the TAG teacher is like getting an A from any other teacher?

Frank starts class this week?

AND, goes to night shift?

It is only for a month to train, but nerve racking just the same?

Just noticed the time & I've gotta get back to work?

Holla?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-09-2012 - 12:30pm

DYK

...NICE job on the grades Cole and Noah?

...I don't think I'll ever see straight As from either of my kids?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-09-2012 - 12:48pm

Kelley, I won't make you talk to yourself.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-09-2012 - 6:39pm
DID YOU KNOW...??????

Thought it was about time I came to give an update!!

Christol, I hope you're feeling better. It's so sad about Jack. Working with paras & quads every day really makes me sad for him & pray he regains his mobility.
The other night when I had to drive in the horrendous storm I was praying hard. I kept asking that if we had to have an accident that God would take both Eloise & me or, if we lived that Eloise still have the ability to dance!!
A lot of what my psych calls catastrophising, but I wanted all bases covered!!!

Marie, I remember waiting for all Of Addisons results. Nerve wracking, but often that label that you get is what makes all the difference in the quality of help they get in school
Can't get over her maths scores!! It's like Addisons reading scores, he tested at a reading age of 19yrs 11months when he was 10, but only that age coz the scores didn't go any higher!!

Kelley,, I have no idea what my kids grades ever are, they just don't seem to do letter grades. They all just give an effort level, below average, average, above average, outstanding. And the same levels for ability within the subject!! Very frustrating!! It's all to do with this political correctness I think! Can't give a kid an F!!
They do have this kind of timeline thing at Eloise's school. There is a line with the school year against it from kindergarten to yr6 with each one split into semester one & two. That line is then shaded for each subject at what grade level the child has achieved. Eloise is at grade level for about half her subjects & at least a semester ahead for the rest!!
The less said about Addisons report cards the better!!!!

Life here is pretty much ticking along. Eloise is on Summer break, she goes back on Jan 30th & she's really looking forward to it. Although she is beginning her little freak out that she does every year about which teacher she will get!! There is a lovely man who she had in yr4 & they have a mutual appreciation society!! We are hoping he is a yr6 teacher this year as he was last year! He was head of yr6 last year, which means he will have a say in what kids are in his class, so we're keeping our fingers crossed!!
The weather is really blargh at the moment, soooo not summery!! We'll have a couple of great days & then just as you plan the pool, river or beach the temp drops & completely squishes your plans!! (until you have to go to work of course!)

Addison is Addison!! Going out when he feels like it. Begging me for money. Not looking for a job. Not lifting a finger to help me. Being rude & obnoxious!!!!

I'm working every day, but only a max of 3 hours, so I seem to be always busy with no time to get anything done once I've dropped Eloise at mums, got to work & then got Eloise the 2-3 hours work has turned into a 5 hour adventure!!! I keep saying, if I had a regular 17yr old there would be no need to spend as much time traveling around dropping Eloise off as I do working! Sometimes Eloise spends the night with mum, but it's not fair to either of them to do that all the time!!

Well, better go, I've got to go to the tax office to try & sort out why Addison *still* doesn't have a tax file number despite me filling out the form twice!!!!!

Have a great day. TTYL xxxx
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-10-2012 - 6:52am

Christol. Frank wants to be a mechanical engineer?

If all goes well, he should have his associates next Spring?

It is taking forever because he can only take 1 or 2 classes a semester?

For instance, calculus was a 1 class semester?

And get this, this semester he has a Friday night class?

He said it is the only night they offer it?

I told him if more people complained, they might change that?:smileywink:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-10-2012 - 6:11pm
DYK
...Helen, I sent you the WW stuff via email yesterday? Let me know if you didn't get it?
...bummer on the summer weather? Our summer was kind of like that last year and it really is a drag? Hope you get some consistent sun soon?
...Kelley, Friday night class?? WTH?
...how cool that he is going for his degree? I'm right there with him, one class at a time is going to take awhile but I'm one class closer and thankfully the on-line thing is working out ok?
...I just started mass communications which I think is going to be a bit harder than my writing class but we'll see?
...I'm not looking forward to the social study or math requirements via on line? I might have to check into that over the summer, at least math?
...I'm doing what you absolutely aren't supposed to be doing..taking classes that are interesting to you first?
...the next class will be one that isn't "interesting" I guess, lol;)
...Kelley, did you know it takes a special kind of wife to live with an engineer? I was told that because that is Craig's field and my personality is not one that apparently sits well with one, lol?
...I stayed home sick today? Up for the second night coughing constantly? Total bummer because the weather was lovely and the cold snap is hitting tomorrow?
...I need to find more things to do at work, 40 hours is not sitting well with little to do?
...I could/would have gone in if I had a job that really needed me there? But, I knew that a day in bed would make this go away quicker and opted for that instead? It's not my style and I don't like it so I need to hammer out the details soon?
...However, I will be breaking my rule of going out when you stay home sick because Dylan stopped here on his way to his game and asked that I come?
...I said, "sorry buddy, I stayed home sick and I have to bring Claire to dance" and he said, "but I'm starting and I really would like you there"?
...I know this sounds ridiculous but I'm a bit superstitious about things like that? Dylan isn't a kid who typically "asks" for you to attend his things? I know Varsity is freaking him out a bit and if he's asking, he's needing and I'll be there? I told him when he left that I would work it out and be there by the start of the second period at the latest?
...I also know that Jack, the kid who was paralyzed is weighing on his mind so I told him, "be safe and play 'your' game"?
...Dylan broke a kids collarbone a few years ago and ended up getting hurt himself after because he wasn't playing "his" game? Luckily it wasn't a bad injury but it still makes me worry?
...One of the first things out of Max's mouth when Jack was injured was, "I'm so glad Dylan didn't deliver the hit because he wouldn't be able to live with himself":(
...I think I've talked to Dylan and Max more about feelings and hockey in the past week than I have in the past 5 years? Have to keep those lines open and say a prayer everytime they hit the ice?
...one of Max's players had a check from behind last night? It was one of those fluke hits where the kid turned as the hit was coming and thankfully not a hard one and our player immediately stopped playing and bent down, checked on the kid, who was fine and helped him to his feet? He cried in the penalty box:(
...goes to show you that things are changing and hopefully better coaching will teach kids not to turn towards the boards when a check is coming?
...ok, better get dinner finished?
...Hope you all have a wonderful evening?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 11:41am
DYK.

...Missi, how goes the diet?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 11:42am
DYK

...Helen, how's the weather?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 11:42am
DYK

...Kelley, how's work? Any help getting rid of the aide?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 11:43am
DYK

...Karol, I think you need to come to my house and purge? I need some help?
Photobucket

Pages