Final Week of April DYKs!!!

iVillage Member
Final Week of April DYKs!!!
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 4:26pm

DYK???

Hard to believe this is the last week of April?

Time is zooming by!?

Christol, hope the weekend went well?

I would love to do the big family thing for the girls' birthdays, but obviously it isn't really possible with everyone so far away?

So, I am content to do a simple celebration for her now that she is older. She seems very happy with less people, as well. The large groups can be overwhelming for her?

Missi, how is the family feeling? Hope they are on the road to recovery?

Marie, sounds like you guys have been busy?

My birthday celebration was just perfect?

John got me two large pots for container planting that I have been wanting for awhile. I want to put them out by the wall around our pool. He and my dad got me two chaise lounge chairs for around the pool! Love them?

The girls and John got me a Haila bracelet with three beads. It is so pretty and so unexpected?

They also got me a new YC tart burner, tarts, chocolate covered raisins, and a bottle of wine?

We went out to dinner at Bonefish...yum?

Came home and had wine while sitting in the new lounge chairs and eating Carvel ice cream cake with a fire burning in our fire pit (one of my birthday gifts from last year)?

Heaven!!!?

I really had a super day with lots of calls, messages, emails, and lovely gifts from my family and friends?

I am hoping the start of my new birth year will be a sign of things to come?

It's a beautiful day here and the girls are out playing?

They both got haircuts this afternoon and then we did some grocery shopping?

I also purchased a gardenia plant for the backyard. It will remind me of my mom when it blooms and the aroma wafts through the yard?

Now I need to finish up the laundry and prepare some pork chops for dinner?

Think I'll take a break during that and sit on my lounge chair with some more wine?

Hope your weekend was wonderful. Tell us all about it?

Also, what's on the agenda for the week?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 12:04pm

DYK

...Karol, your birthday sounded lovely?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 1:42pm

Christol, loved your response to the SIL?

I think you worded it perfectly and she just needs to get on over herself?

I spent the morning cleaning and organizing our pantry. It looks so much better?

Took a walk, had some lunch, and ironed John's pants?

Need to take a shower?

Oh, one of the neighbor girls asked to take me out for drinks and appetizers for my birthday

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 1:54pm

DYK...

...Christol, once again, your response was perfect, and not at all too snarky?

...I loved it?

...I need to learn from you?

...karol, your birthday sounded wonderful??

...and how nice to have friends take you out, one on one?

...love it?

...well, owen is feeling better, but I'm slammed with catching up?

...our washer and dryer have been running nonstop since Saturday morning?

...almost every single linen in our linen closet has been washed, thanks to pukefest 2010?

....some of them twice in 36 hours?

...even the pillows are being washed...and they take an hour and a half to dry, at least?

...well, I'm trying to cram Nat's hotel party into this weekend, so I'd better go see if I got a response from one of the mom's I texted?

...wish me luck??

...happy Monday ladies?

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

Photobucket

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 2:33pm

DYK

...how nice Karol to be taken out a couple of times?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 3:00pm

DYK??????

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 10:22am

DYK...

I can't believe it's almost May!

Joey's bday is Sunday and Rhiannon's is Monday.

I was planning to get them both bikes but I just don't have the money right now.

My mom was going to go in on the bikes with me but the kids have been talking about what they want to spend their bday money on and are very excited about it. So they'd be disappointed if they don't get money. So she's just giving them money.

We were out shopping on Sunday so I asked the kids if they wanted their bday money from me to spend that day. Of course they said yes. So they both got $20 to spend.

Rhiannon got two Webkinz. Joey got a remote control robot. :)

I will get them the bikes as soon as I can. Maybe I'll find some nice ones at a yard sale or something.

For their bday dinners, Joey has requested tacos and Rhiannon wants sub sandwiches. Easy, huh? And Joey wants "gooey chocolate chip cookies" hehe and Rhiannon wants confetti cupcakes.

They're having a joint party at home on the 8th.

Sheesh. Having kids with a bday 1 day apart is stressful.

Karol, it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. Great gifts for around the pool! A beautiful bracelet too.

How nice that the neighbors are being nice and taking you out. I hope it's fun for you.

I wish *I* was there to take you out. We'd have a blast! :)

And I definitely think you need to have a couple IRL friends to do things with. And so do I! I have been meaning to ask a couple of mom friends out to lunch or dinner but haven't yet. Even my two neighbors. I better get on that, huh?

I'm glad you are at peace with the moving/staying decision. I'm positive things will turn out for you.

Christol, I think your family life is wonderful. I am planning to invite cousins to the kids' party this year which we've never done in the past. I don't know why. lol

Your SIL sounds like a piece of work. Wow.

Your reply email was perfect. I bet she won't even respond.

Thanks for the compliment on my projects. I have fun doing things like that.

I need to check FB for Max's communion pics. I haven't been on FB for a few days.

Gawd, Craig is SUCH a selfish idiot. Really. It started at 2:00 and he arrived over an hour late??!! Get a grip, man.

Missi, I hope the pukefest is over at your house. Yuck! Washing all the pukey laundry is so gross.

Hope you can get Nat's party in. My kids beg me for hotel parties. I always say NO! My friend does parties for her kids at hotels. So my kids get to go to those. lol

~~~

I *really* need to mow the lawn today. I guess I had better get on that. It's kind of chilly though so I am waiting for the sun to move a little because it beats right down in the backyard in the afternoon.

I have parent teacher conferences tonight for Rhiannon and Joey.

Rhiannon has practice.

I need to figure out what to make for dinner.

And I need to get my butt to the grocery store. Ugh.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 11:42am

DYK

...Karol, I'm glad you are at peace with the moving thing and I hope an answer presents itself to you soon?

...sounds like your busy time is getting started, hope the kids have fun?

...Carmen, sounds like the kids have their day planned as they want and I'm sure they won't miss the bikes?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 3:19pm

Well ya'll knew I'd have to respond to her...this is what I have so far.

T,

To be honest I don’t have the energy of the time for this right now but since you obviously want to get to the bottom of something that has been bothering you for years, I will.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 4:10pm
STANDING OVATION! You go, Christol!
disney.jpg picture by marieef
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 10:31pm

The response

Wow!

Photobucket

Pages