Yay, September is here!!!

What are your fall plans?

Good Bye, dear summer!!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 7:05am

DYK...

...where is everyone?

...I miss this thread being super active?

...of course, I'm loving the action on fb too, but like people have said before, this is our first home?

...so come out and play with me?

...I'm hanging in there?

...by a thread?

...  :smileywink:

...got the dress fiasco covered last night?

...if you all have Von Maur's near you, their customer service is OUTSTANDING?!?!?!

...so the dress we bought Mariah was a tad on the roomier side?

...then she, oops, lost some weight?

...now she can't keep it up?

...I called Von Maur, explained what happened, and that the dance is SATURDAY?

...a fabulous lady named Katharine said I have two options...to have a dress overnighted to me, or to bring it back and have their tailors alter it?

...I took Mariah to the compass test, that she bombed and has to take again tonight, along with the dress so we could have Von Maur's tailors take a look?

...well, after she bombed the test...she's in pre-calculus...the compass test is what she described as 8th grade math, but she'd forgotten it all?

...  :smileysad:

...not what my girl needed?!?!?

...so, it was dumb to send her in to test blind?

...so she wasn't in any state of mind to head out to von maur?

...at this point I'm thinking we'll just pin the dress to her bra and hope for the best?

...so I get home and call Von Maur?

...now keep in mind, I've called the store 4 times today, each time they transfer me right to Katherine?

...she "knows," me and knows my situation?

...she located the other dress, but I'm thinking it will cost $50 to overnight it to me?

...nope, Von Maur's shipping in this case is free, I just have to pay any overages for the expedited shipping?

...which only came to $15?

...so I'm keeping the 5 in case the 3 doesn't come in, but I dealt with that without imposing on my already stretched too thin daughter?

...and what a blessing they were?!?!

...I am officially impressed?

...Mariah's grades are suffering?

...bad?

...she's ranked #2 in her class of 309 kids, but she's got a C and a D, currently?

...I about puked when I saw that?

...gonna help her study tonight for the C class?

...OMG?

...stress.city?

...well, apparently I can't sleep past 5 am anymore?

...so I made some bacon, and now I'll make some eggs and toast to go with it for the kiddos' breakfast?

...better get crackin'?

...pun totally intended?  :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 11:12pm
DYK
...Kelley, I'm taking a Women's Studies Class? It fills the requirement for social studies and something else that I need?
...not really loving it, but I don't typically like social studies classes so I'm not surprised?
...Glad you found an IRL me, she sounds awesome:smileywink:
...seriously though, we all need a friend we can count on and I'm glad she's been there for you?
...Missi, when it rains it pours huh?
...hugs on the family situation? Hope it works out?
...I hope the size 3 gets here in time? This coming from a girl who had her strapless dress hit her tummy my junior year and I wasn't wearing a bra?
...ummmm, yeah:smileywink:
...luckily I caught it quick and it was on the dance floor? Only one person commented at school so I think he was the only one who saw? I was MORTIFIED?!?!
...also hope the grades make the move back up?
...tell Mariah not to stress about the test? Typically most kids do bomb the first time with any of them?
...ACTs are proven that the second time your score will go up at least 2 points?
...I miss our first home (here) not being busy too?
...although I haven't contributed much lately?
...super busy at work and home?
...I've recovered from this weekend and am heading into another crazy?
...Tonight was Claire's confirmation orientation?
...Tomorrow is Max's rehearsal and confirmation dinner? AND Alanna's birthday so I need to rush home and make her dinner that I always make? Her DH is out of town and truthfully, I'm the one who "does" her birthday every year?
...Friday not too bad? Pedi and dinner with the kids for my birthday?
...Saturday, Claire is dancing in a parade? Going out with the girls Saturday night?
...Confirmation for Max on Sunday with 30 people for dinner?
...making red and white sauce since they can be in the crockpot?
...won't get back here until 6?
...have to figure out dessert too?
...want some dirty gossip??
...hockey parents got divorced?
...know why?
...they were at a cabin weekend with a bunch of baseball parents and she was caught coming out of the shower with another Dad by some of the kids?!?!?! Not her own?!?!?
...can you say BRUTAL!?
...I said, "another scarred 40 something guy who hates women into the dating pool"? Did I mention he's HOT?!
...again, brutal?
...better scoot, need to finish the lemon cookies I'm making for Alanna to drop off in the a.m.?
...Hope you're all having a great night?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 7:19am

DYK...

...OMG, Christol?!?!

...WTH were those two parents thinking?!?!

...I mean, I know it happens, but at a gathering that was intended for the kids?

...you're right...that's going to mess a few kids up?

...I had to smile at the thought of your dress dropping on the dance floor?

...what a gentleman, not to spread that??

...lucky some punks didn't see...or worse, today, someone would probably capture it and put it online?  :/

...so everything is looking up around here?

...of course I got my meds.... :smileywink:

...but Mariah passed her compass test?

...they used her truck in the homecoming parade?

...she skipped XC practice to take the test, but made it for the parade and bonfire?

...I stayed up and helped her study for her World History exam today?

...hope she does ok on that?

...the dress should be here by Friday?

...so that's a load off too?

...thank goodness Natalie has her stuff together right now?!?  :smileywink:

...today I'm doing a boudoire shoot for my friend while Owen is in school?

...I could REALLY use a breather, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards right now?

...today, after I get Owen, I've got to make a big batch creamy Italian chicken, and homemade mac'n'cheese for the pasta dinner?

...then I'm home FREE?!?!?

...my mom is off work tomorrow, so she'll get Owen from Kindergarten for me, and that breather I'm so desperately needing...yeah?!?!

...she downsized, and moved into a little maintenance provided villa 5 minutes from me, and can I say...it's heaven?!?!?

...*knock on wood*

...:smileywink:

...I'm going to see if my niece will let me practice on her hair tonight, since Mariah doesn't have time to lend me her head between now and homecoming, and I do not want to run into any hiccups when I'm doing her hair Saturday night?

...I called off the stylist?

...ultimately, Mariah's hair is SO thick and heavy, but fine in spots (around her face), that it's really hard to get a consistent curl?

...they just slide out?

...she knows how to get a curl to hold with her curling wand, so rather than risk paying $40 for someone who doesn't "know" her hair, we'll just do it at home?

...going to borrow my friend's pinky red polish?

...can't seem to find the perfect red for her toes?

...she wants red, but I want a hint of pink...you know...?

...so yeah, details, details?  :smileywink:

...I can NOT believe those XC kids wanted to use Mariah's truck for the parade?!?!

...it cracks me up?

...she gets so much attention over that truck?

...that 18 year old truck?!?!

...who would have thought, that when she picked that out as her first car when she was SIX, that she would actually be driving it?

...I mean, who would have thought it would even still be running?!?!  lol

...she loves it?

...you couldn't have PAID me to drive that thing in high school?

...but for some odd reason, she loves it, and apparently others think it's pretty ok too?  lol

...cracks me up?

...my dad is tickled pink?

...I'm sure I've told you before, so pardon the repeat?

...the truck was my granddad's?

...bought new in '94?

...he passed away in '99 and other than a short stent up here with us, it has SAT for 10+ years in my grandma's driveway because my dad was so heartbroken over the unexpected loss of his dad, he couldn't bear seeing it around town, being driven?

...and I'm not sure I really believe this, but hear me out...

...my granddad was an amazing man?

...contagious belly laughter, always smiling, monster bear hugs...just a great guy?

...and I swear I can feel him...through Mariah...when she's driving the truck?

...I get an odd sense of peace about her in that truck?

...Gerad reminds me of my granddad?

...and Mariah reminds me of Gerad?

...so I guess there is the connection?

...but my baby girl literally picked that truck out when she was 6 because that was her favorite color of blue?

...it's come full circle, and it's almost a weird deja vous or something to see her actually driving it?

...crazy?

...and best of all...it was free!?!  :smileywink:

...ok, I'd best get off here, Mariah needs the computer for an assignment?

...Happy Thursday??

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 9:29am
Missi the truck story made me misty. I guess because it kinda reminds me of Dylan driving my Dad's car. AND, max thought her truck was VERY cool:smileyhappy:. Good luck with your crazy days!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 6:28am

Christol, I'll pass that along to Mariah.  She probably won't want to get rid of it anytime soon anyway, but now she'll definitely want to keep it for the wedding.  :smileywink:

Someone once said, "Thank God for Twilight!" ~ meaning it made old beat up trucks stylish.  I refrained from telling her she's wanted it since she was six, but whatevs.  :smileyhappy:  I'm sure it didn't hurt.  What amazes me even more is my my SISTER'S kid...same sister who lives off a golf course in a rather large abode...drives a red and white one just like Mariah's, and loves it too!!  And her's is a standard transmission, so it's even more impressive that she can drive it!  LOL.  I love that they love it, and stand out because of it.  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 2:24pm
Regina would drive the heck out of those trucks. Love it!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 2:13pm

DYK...

...Happy Sunday afternoon, ladies?

...I hope you all had and are having a good weekend?

...just need to process last night's events?

...lol...

...everything went very well?

...I was stressed to the max over Mariah's hair?

...I called off the stylist because her hair is tricky...won't hold a curl, etc, and I didn't want to pay $40 to have it flop?

...anyway, next time we'll have it done...too much pressure?  :smileywink:

...boyfriend (he took a dozen white roses to school on Friday to ask her, officially, to be his girlfriend) picked her up, nabbed a few pics, Gerad and I followed them over to his house to meet his parents and take more pictures?

...followed them to the dining place, so we could grab some group pictures?

...everyone was in great spirits...the girls are wonderful friends, the guys are all very sweet and appropriate?

...they headed off to their restaurant, and Gerad and I hit Olive Garden, just the two of us?

...came home, got the pics on facebook, got tired and went to bed?

...lol?

...she was shocked we weren't waiting up?

...but they were going from the dance to his house for a fire in the fire pit, and his parents are extremely concientious and strict, even telling us when they met us that they would be supervised while at their house?

...soooo, not worried?

...lol?

...I heard her come in, though, and got up and got the 4-11?

...she had a great time?

...he is continuing to be a perfect gentleman?

...she thinks very highly of him?

...wake up this morning to find out that one of he best friends (they're all her best friends, but this one is the most like her...), the dark complected one in the pics, the one that took her to FL in June...was in a really bad accident on the way home from dropping off her (younger) boyfriend?

...she rolled a stop sign and was t-boned in the passenger side?

...thank GOD everyone in both cars is ok?

...but still so so scary?

...I burst into tears in the shower?

...we drove by the scene of the accident...it was at 1am, neither of them expecting anyone to be there, and you KNOW the car that tboned her was going faster than the speed limit?

...NO skid marks?

...speed limit is 35mph?

...so when she hit her you know the other driver was going at LEAST 35mph?

...that's a hard hit?

...they think her car is totalled?

...Mariah and her boyfriend are over at her house now, visiting with her and taking her starbucks?

...not so perfect end to the perfect evening?

...makes you really think?

..and there was NO substance abuse involved in either vehicle, so that is good?

...breaks my heart?

...things can change in the blink of an eye?

...so yeah?

...we're being extra huggy around here today?

...how many times has Mariah been the passenger in that car?

...and she's a GOOD driver, but being tboned on the passenger side...well, we're lucky there was no passenger sitting beside her?

...*shudder*

...breaks my heart?

...I love these girls as if they were my own?!

...and of all the kids at that dance, it had to happen to one of the select few that wasn't drinking or smoking pot?

...well, at least she's ok, and it will definitely make her more careful...hopefully it will make all of them more careful?

...(((hugs))) to you and yours?

...happy Sunday?  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 5:11pm
I'm so glad the girl is okay!!! I hope she will be more careful from now on!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 4:34pm
DYK
How scary Missi? Since my accident that has always stuck in my head...blink and your life could be forever changed? Reminders such as these reinforce?
Smiling ear to eat for Mariah though? White roses....ahhhh how sweet? Your first love leaves such a mark on your heart and I am glad he's leaving a positive one?
How in the world do you guys update on your phone so much? This is tough?
My weekend was fun? Claire did a great job in the parade? I went back in the evening and danced my butt off to one of my favorite bands with a bunch of my favorite people?
Max's confirmation service went well? 181 kids vowed their promise to god? It was quite impressive And a bit emotional because I know this step meant a lot to him?
Gotta get scooting?
Happy Monday ?!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 8:28am

DYK...

...Christol, I never update on my phone?

...well, I take that back?

...I **have** before, but I'm not patient enough to do it again?  :smileywink:

...SUPER cool about Max's confirmation?

...wish I were there to see Miss Claire dance in the parades?

...actually, Gerad has some training up there again that he put on my calendar?

...I need to ask what it is, and if I get to go again?  :smileyhappy:

...things are settling down here now that homecoming is over?

...hopefully Mariah can get her grades back on track?

...dancing your butt off with favorite people sounds FUN??

...just looked at my calendar, and I have nothing until 3:30 ~ Nat's XC meet?

...she's doing well, considering she has zero desire to be running?

...she runs a full 2 minutes slower than Mariah did at this age, though...LOL?

...but she's doing it with a good attitude, and that's what I'm looking for?

...and she just has to finish this season so she could say she fully experienced it, and I'll never make her run xc again?

...pains me to say that?

...well, better shoo Nat out the door?

...Happy Tuesday??