Hello September D-Y-Ks!!!!
Sat, 09-01-2012 - 4:32pm

Yay, September is here!!!

What are your fall plans?

Good Bye, dear summer!!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 12:01pm

Missi, so glad Mariah had a nice time and that the date was good to her?

Was sad to hear about the friend and the car accident. Hope she’s doing better?

Christol, how great to spend an evening with friends dancing and “getting down”! Love it?

Carmen, hope things are going well for you. Any leads on a different job?

Lauri, loved seeing the pictures on FB?

Kelley, how is the busy-ness going around your place?

Marie, how does it feel to have a college student? Are the girls missing her?

We had an active weekend?

Friday night went out to eat?

Saturday Shelly cheered, went over to a friend’s house, and Lily went to a boy/girl party?

Sunday cleaned, did laundry, and took Lily to a volleyball clinic?

She will go for a five-week clinic and seems very enthusiastic about it?

I’m glad she’s finding a little niche?

I was thinking about Missi and Natalie doing the XC and I commend you for encouraging her to do it and stick with it?

I am so not that type of mom when it comes to athletics and sometimes I think I should be?

I guess it’s because I wasn’t overly athletic…I was a club/academics kind of gal who loved to run for exercise and pleasure, but not competitively?

But, I think it helps that John is super athletic and can encourage the girls in that area?

I guess that’s what makes the world go ‘round---everyone is different?

Did I mention Shelly’s eye appointment a couple of weeks ago?

They determined she doesn’t need glasses now, but he said in a year or two she would need them for near sightedness. So weird he could predict that ahead of time?

I started wearing glasses at the age of 4 and was so hoping that neither of the girls would need them. Oh well, we’ll deal with that when the time comes. No need to borrow trouble?

I have a meeting today with the school’s testing teacher concerning Shelly?

She was tested last year and the results were inconclusive?

The teacher pulled Shelly out for a little extra help and she loved going with her?

So, I’m hoping we might be able to do that again this year?

I am also going to see if she thinks Shelly might benefit from some independent testing at a private doctor?

My girl is hanging in there, but the road is much tougher for her and I just want to be there to help her with the struggles she’s facing?

I am doing a few re-do projects for the girls’ rooms?

They had some pieces that weren’t working with their rooms’ color schemes. So, I’m repainting a few things?

Glad to be able to do something with the items and not have to buy new?

We are having crazy wild winds and rain here today?

I went for an hour-long walk with a friend in the wild weather and came home soaked. But, I was thankful to get out there and do something!?

Happy Tuesday to one and all. Hope you’re eager for a great Fall!!!?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 8:46pm

DYK...

...Karol, that is awesome about Lily finding a niche with volleyball?

...I can totally see that?

...I too am not a particularly sports-minded person, so I hear ya there?

...Gerad is a little over the top sports-minded, so I like to think we balance ourselves out?

...Natalie ran a 7:55 mile today?

...she has improved her time at each race?

...she was disgusted with herself today...in tears actually?

...it was a TOUGH course...it's one Mariah has ALWAYS struggled with?

...it's the one she got bumped off of varsity on, freshman year?

...and for Natalie to PR on THAT course?!?!

...well, it shows that she really is very strong?

...it's unlike her to be so hard on herself?

...not sure what to make of that?

...she usually could care less?

...I'll have to watch that?

...we KNOW XC isn't her sport, and we have not pushed her, we just want her to experience it, and hopefully meet some friends that put some distance between she and her current group?

...anyway?

...super cool about the volleyball?

...Lily will make a wonderful volleyball player?

...Kelley, how's it going?

...settling in to the crazy routine yet?

...Carmen, how is Regina doing?

...how often do you get to see Layla?

...Marie, how's the job going?

...any leads for Chance?

...ok, I'd best go shuffle kids in the direction of bed?

...have a great evening, ladies?

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 11:39pm

DYK

...I think Lily will be awesome at Volleyball?  She seems to have the height for it too?

...I'm not athletic either so I think I could have encouraged more, especially with Claire?  She just never seemed to "love" anything sports related and I didn't push it after she tried?

...Sending a hug while you figure out what's best for Shelly?  Been in those shoes and it's tough not having an answer?

...Claire never did have a "diagnosis" but she was helped HUGE with the pull out until 5th grade?  She struggles a bit still but has opted to take an assisted study hall instead of Spanish this year because she knows that about herself?

...I hope Shelly can find her nitch as well?

...Missi, that's a really good time for Nat?  Maybe it was just being tired and pushing hard that made her cry? 

...Max started hockey tonight?  He didn't look bad but he didn't look great either?  You can tell he hasn't skated?  Unfortunately, the A coaches and the new Varsity coach were there and they don't know him so he was completely TWEAKED?

...I tried to get him a showcase team for fall but it didn't work out so his legs have only seen a week of skating since March...well, OUCH?

...He was still faster than the other kids in his group but his shot was off?  I see my garage doors getting banged up over the next few weeks?  He doesn't like when he's not at the top of his game?

...Didn't realize how late it was, better get to bed?  I'll be backkkkkkk tomorrow;p

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 8:58am

DYK...

...once again, the Lily/Mariah, Shelly/Natalie similarities impress me?

...school just never came easily for Natalie?

...of course, she was diagnosed ADHD, and once we started treating that, now it comes even more easily for her than it does Mariah?

...so I'm sure you'll figure out what makes Shelly tick...sometimes it's just different approaches for different kids?

...and my two girls couldn't possibly be any more DIFFERENT, if they tried?

...so (((hugs))) to you on that?

...I know the feeling?

...Christol, Max will get his skate legs back in no time?

...I feel his frustration, though?

...the coaches will learn, very soon, what an awesome player he is, and what an even greater kid?

...coaches seem to notice that character, and love that on a team?

...Max seems like a natural leader, too?

...I hope you're right about the pushing hard, making her cry thing, Christol?

...I think you may be right?

...she does seem to be a little emotional at the end of every race?

...again, she couldn't be more different from Mariah?

...Mariah is calm and focused, and rarely emotional?

...Natalie is all emotions...OY?

...gonna take some getting used to?  :smileywink:

...Natalie is also more social than Mariah was in 7th grade?

...I remember going to meets when Mariah was in 7th, and she'd hang with us...kids would try to talk to her and she'd hardly respond?

...finally I told her, "Mariah!!  People like you!!  Start speaking back to them!"

...and that was a real turn around point for her?

...and people really do seem to migrate toward her now?

...hopefully Nat will find her niche soon?

...it's NOT XC? 

...lol?

...well, we tried?

...ok, well I'd best get my gym clothes on?

...my hip has been KILLING me?

...like can't stand, can't sit, can't lay...constant ache?

...the only thing I've found to help it is weight training?

...so no running for me, until I build up the muscle around it?

...gonna go do the climber and legs and abs?

...last time I started concentrating on that, it got better?

...gonna have to have that checked out, someday?  :smileysad:

...Happy Hump Day ladies!!?!?  :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 10:34am
Missi, I am the girl who is emotional when I am tired. Add frustrated and you might see tears.
Claire is "friendly" with people but she still doesn't have besties and although she avoids drama my heart still hearts just a bit that she isn't having all the slumber party fun.
Hope your hip feels better. Do you have one of those memory foams on your bed? That helped me HUGE!!

Gotta scoot. Happy hump day:smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 12:04pm

DYK

...YAY, iviillage is no longer blocked from work??

...It's a nice way to spend my break and usually when I catch up with you ladies:smileyhappy:?

...I have a date?!?  Next Wednesday?  He wanted to do it sooner but I'm kinda busy this week and tomorrow is my only "free" night and I didn't want to give it up?

...he had IM'd me a couple of weeks ago but was going out of town?  He tried to IM the other night, I ignored?  He IM'd again last night and I accepted?

...he remembered a few things from our brief IMing 2 weeks ago so that impressed me?

...he also lives a solid 40 minutes from my house which I told him was a problem because I'm based here and don't typically date guys more than 15-20?  He didn't hesitate and said that if our first date went well, he'd do the driving to town?

...we're gonna meet half way?

...so that's that, jumping back in?  Hopefully he's not a faaareak:smileywink:

...got another guy who also wants to go out?  I'm half tempted to do back to back just to see how that works?

...my Saturday night dancing involved this dude who has had a crush on me FOREVER?  And, I am NOT interested?  He emailed and asked if I wanted to go out sometime on Sunday?  Had to say, thanks but no thanks?  Super nice guy but I am absolutely NOT attracted to him?  Put it this way, I had a few cocktails Saturday, he's a massage therapist part-time, I had sore shoulders and hand and I declinced a chair massage:smileywink:

...The reason why I had a sore hand was because I came out of the restaurant that was serving as the restroom for the outdoor thing and they had removed the top half of the temporary fencing but hadn't yet removed the bottom base piping?  Tripped over the piping and hit the ground hard?  I think everyone tripped at one point in the night but I was the only one who hit the cement?  Luckily didn't rip my jeans and only hurt my hand?  Just call me Grace:smileywink:

...also have some weird crap going on the MN board?  I'm not a fan AT all of what it is and as far as I can tell I am the only one so I'll be keeping my mouth shut but it's a big enough thing that I don't know that I want to hang with these people any longer? 

...Lauri, have you started your class yet?

...Kelley, settling in so you can some and play with us?

...Carmen, how's Regina doing??  Is Layla adjusting ok?

...Helen, how is girlie liking her new studio??

...Missi, how did the sexy photos go??

...Karol, is Shelly's cheerleading through a "club" or the cheerleaders at the HS?

...ok, back to work?  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 3:54pm
WOW Lauri, you're lucky. Our RE class is 3-30 hour classes. You typically take your tests (we had a state and a national) after the 1st class and I can't imagine taking that course on-line because it was a LOT to digest. Good luck, I hope it's a LOT of review for you on the test.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 7:37pm
DYK...

I made this orange ginger chicken stir fry for dinner tonight. I just use a bottle of sauce. Nothing fancy and it'd be healthier and probably tastier if I made the sauce myself. Anyway...the kids were outside and they came in to eat and Rhiannon said it smelled good. I asked Joey if he wanted chicken or just broccoli rice and sauce. He threw a fit and acted like I made the grossest dinner ever. Mind you, he's eaten this many times and liked it. So guess who didn't eat dinner tonight? And guess whose mom does NOT care? LOL That kid drives me nuts sometimes!

Ugh, I have a migraine-ish headache that won't go away. And see what a nice mom I am, I made dinner anyway!

So the sports talk here reminds me of how I've been feeling about Joey. He did do t-ball for two years then he did pitching machine baseball for one. He didn't like it. Then he didn't play a sport for two years. Now he's doing soccer and he's doing alright. He's very out of shape right now and I feel awful about that. He's kind of awkward too. I feel like it's totally my fault that he's not more sporty.

Ok, I'll have to come back. This headache is really bothering me.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 1:47pm

DYK...

...Carmen, I hope your headache is better?

...and please don't beat yourself up about Joey and sports?

...I tend to think that kids find their way, and in my experience, they are who they are...our impact on things such as sports, actually impacts them minimally?

...they all find their way?

...Christol, you GO girl?!?!?!

...DO...back to back dates?

...and guy number one sounds promising??

...crossing my fingers for you?

...OUCH about the fall?

...Mariah did that in XC yesterday?

...hit her shoulder, scuffed it up, and her hand?

...she laughed it off...said she ate it at practice?

...she's hilarous?

...told her boyfriend that she ate it...friends there saying, "Yeah she did!  We saw it..."....not sure he's quite sure what to make of her just yet?

...lol?

...I love that she can laugh at herself?

...and with me as a mom, she's gonna have to be that way?

...so, news about Nat, that I'll have to share on our super secret fb board?  :smileywink:

...OY

...well, now that I mentioned that, it's all I can think of, so I'll go post it there?

:smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 3:17pm
Carmen, I wouldn't beat yourself up about sports either. He will find his path. Look at Cody, he won the state geography bee! He was never sports coordinated do he found something else:smileyhappy:
As for dinner.. Kids suck:smileywink:. Keep trying they'll come around eventually or be hungry.
I got your headache! WOW do I feel like crap! Better than this morning but not much. Stayed home and have slept most of the day.
Missi, poor Mariah. Glad she could laugh at herself. All you can do when you fall.
I am guessing that's what attracted the boy to her:smileyhappy:.
Claire did another taste testing last night for $35. We went to the mall and had dinner together at a restaurant. Struck me how grown up she is becoming:smileysad:.
She wants to join girl scouts after school. Not jazzed about cookie sales but I won't say no.
Claire is volunteering at church tonight so I better get myself presentable because I have to pick her up.
Photobucket