Sat, 09-01-2012 - 4:32pm

Yay, September is here!!!

What are your fall plans?

Good Bye, dear summer!!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 11:39pm

DYK

...I think Lily will be awesome at Volleyball?  She seems to have the height for it too?

...I'm not athletic either so I think I could have encouraged more, especially with Claire?  She just never seemed to "love" anything sports related and I didn't push it after she tried?

...Sending a hug while you figure out what's best for Shelly?  Been in those shoes and it's tough not having an answer?

...Claire never did have a "diagnosis" but she was helped HUGE with the pull out until 5th grade?  She struggles a bit still but has opted to take an assisted study hall instead of Spanish this year because she knows that about herself?

...I hope Shelly can find her nitch as well?

...Missi, that's a really good time for Nat?  Maybe it was just being tired and pushing hard that made her cry? 

...Max started hockey tonight?  He didn't look bad but he didn't look great either?  You can tell he hasn't skated?  Unfortunately, the A coaches and the new Varsity coach were there and they don't know him so he was completely TWEAKED?

...I tried to get him a showcase team for fall but it didn't work out so his legs have only seen a week of skating since March...well, OUCH?

...He was still faster than the other kids in his group but his shot was off?  I see my garage doors getting banged up over the next few weeks?  He doesn't like when he's not at the top of his game?

...Didn't realize how late it was, better get to bed?  I'll be backkkkkkk tomorrow;p

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 8:46pm

DYK...

...Karol, that is awesome about Lily finding a niche with volleyball?

...I can totally see that?

...I too am not a particularly sports-minded person, so I hear ya there?

...Gerad is a little over the top sports-minded, so I like to think we balance ourselves out?

...Natalie ran a 7:55 mile today?

...she has improved her time at each race?

...she was disgusted with herself today...in tears actually?

...it was a TOUGH course...it's one Mariah has ALWAYS struggled with?

...it's the one she got bumped off of varsity on, freshman year?

...and for Natalie to PR on THAT course?!?!

...well, it shows that she really is very strong?

...it's unlike her to be so hard on herself?

...not sure what to make of that?

...she usually could care less?

...I'll have to watch that?

...we KNOW XC isn't her sport, and we have not pushed her, we just want her to experience it, and hopefully meet some friends that put some distance between she and her current group?

...anyway?

...super cool about the volleyball?

...Lily will make a wonderful volleyball player?

...Kelley, how's it going?

...settling in to the crazy routine yet?

...Carmen, how is Regina doing?

...how often do you get to see Layla?

...Marie, how's the job going?

...any leads for Chance?

...ok, I'd best go shuffle kids in the direction of bed?

...have a great evening, ladies?

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 12:01pm

Missi, so glad Mariah had a nice time and that the date was good to her?

Was sad to hear about the friend and the car accident. Hope she’s doing better?

Christol, how great to spend an evening with friends dancing and “getting down”! Love it?

Carmen, hope things are going well for you. Any leads on a different job?

Lauri, loved seeing the pictures on FB?

Kelley, how is the busy-ness going around your place?

Marie, how does it feel to have a college student? Are the girls missing her?

We had an active weekend?

Friday night went out to eat?

Saturday Shelly cheered, went over to a friend’s house, and Lily went to a boy/girl party?

Sunday cleaned, did laundry, and took Lily to a volleyball clinic?

She will go for a five-week clinic and seems very enthusiastic about it?

I’m glad she’s finding a little niche?

I was thinking about Missi and Natalie doing the XC and I commend you for encouraging her to do it and stick with it?

I am so not that type of mom when it comes to athletics and sometimes I think I should be?

I guess it’s because I wasn’t overly athletic…I was a club/academics kind of gal who loved to run for exercise and pleasure, but not competitively?

But, I think it helps that John is super athletic and can encourage the girls in that area?

I guess that’s what makes the world go ‘round---everyone is different?

Did I mention Shelly’s eye appointment a couple of weeks ago?

They determined she doesn’t need glasses now, but he said in a year or two she would need them for near sightedness. So weird he could predict that ahead of time?

I started wearing glasses at the age of 4 and was so hoping that neither of the girls would need them. Oh well, we’ll deal with that when the time comes. No need to borrow trouble?

I have a meeting today with the school’s testing teacher concerning Shelly?

She was tested last year and the results were inconclusive?

The teacher pulled Shelly out for a little extra help and she loved going with her?

So, I’m hoping we might be able to do that again this year?

I am also going to see if she thinks Shelly might benefit from some independent testing at a private doctor?

My girl is hanging in there, but the road is much tougher for her and I just want to be there to help her with the struggles she’s facing?

I am doing a few re-do projects for the girls’ rooms?

They had some pieces that weren’t working with their rooms’ color schemes. So, I’m repainting a few things?

Glad to be able to do something with the items and not have to buy new?

We are having crazy wild winds and rain here today?

I went for an hour-long walk with a friend in the wild weather and came home soaked. But, I was thankful to get out there and do something!?

Happy Tuesday to one and all. Hope you’re eager for a great Fall!!!?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 8:28am

DYK...

...Christol, I never update on my phone?

...well, I take that back?

...I **have** before, but I'm not patient enough to do it again?  :smileywink:

...SUPER cool about Max's confirmation?

...wish I were there to see Miss Claire dance in the parades?

...actually, Gerad has some training up there again that he put on my calendar?

...I need to ask what it is, and if I get to go again?  :smileyhappy:

...things are settling down here now that homecoming is over?

...hopefully Mariah can get her grades back on track?

...dancing your butt off with favorite people sounds FUN??

...just looked at my calendar, and I have nothing until 3:30 ~ Nat's XC meet?

...she's doing well, considering she has zero desire to be running?

...she runs a full 2 minutes slower than Mariah did at this age, though...LOL?

...but she's doing it with a good attitude, and that's what I'm looking for?

...and she just has to finish this season so she could say she fully experienced it, and I'll never make her run xc again?

...pains me to say that?

...well, better shoo Nat out the door?

...Happy Tuesday??

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 4:34pm
DYK
How scary Missi? Since my accident that has always stuck in my head...blink and your life could be forever changed? Reminders such as these reinforce?
Smiling ear to eat for Mariah though? White roses....ahhhh how sweet? Your first love leaves such a mark on your heart and I am glad he's leaving a positive one?
How in the world do you guys update on your phone so much? This is tough?
My weekend was fun? Claire did a great job in the parade? I went back in the evening and danced my butt off to one of my favorite bands with a bunch of my favorite people?
Max's confirmation service went well? 181 kids vowed their promise to god? It was quite impressive And a bit emotional because I know this step meant a lot to him?
Gotta get scooting?
Happy Monday ?!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 5:11pm
I'm so glad the girl is okay!!! I hope she will be more careful from now on!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 2:13pm

DYK...

...Happy Sunday afternoon, ladies?

...I hope you all had and are having a good weekend?

...just need to process last night's events?

...lol...

...everything went very well?

...I was stressed to the max over Mariah's hair?

...I called off the stylist because her hair is tricky...won't hold a curl, etc, and I didn't want to pay $40 to have it flop?

...anyway, next time we'll have it done...too much pressure?  :smileywink:

...boyfriend (he took a dozen white roses to school on Friday to ask her, officially, to be his girlfriend) picked her up, nabbed a few pics, Gerad and I followed them over to his house to meet his parents and take more pictures?

...followed them to the dining place, so we could grab some group pictures?

...everyone was in great spirits...the girls are wonderful friends, the guys are all very sweet and appropriate?

...they headed off to their restaurant, and Gerad and I hit Olive Garden, just the two of us?

...came home, got the pics on facebook, got tired and went to bed?

...lol?

...she was shocked we weren't waiting up?

...but they were going from the dance to his house for a fire in the fire pit, and his parents are extremely concientious and strict, even telling us when they met us that they would be supervised while at their house?

...soooo, not worried?

...lol?

...I heard her come in, though, and got up and got the 4-11?

...she had a great time?

...he is continuing to be a perfect gentleman?

...she thinks very highly of him?

...wake up this morning to find out that one of he best friends (they're all her best friends, but this one is the most like her...), the dark complected one in the pics, the one that took her to FL in June...was in a really bad accident on the way home from dropping off her (younger) boyfriend?

...she rolled a stop sign and was t-boned in the passenger side?

...thank GOD everyone in both cars is ok?

...but still so so scary?

...I burst into tears in the shower?

...we drove by the scene of the accident...it was at 1am, neither of them expecting anyone to be there, and you KNOW the car that tboned her was going faster than the speed limit?

...NO skid marks?

...speed limit is 35mph?

...so when she hit her you know the other driver was going at LEAST 35mph?

...that's a hard hit?

...they think her car is totalled?

...Mariah and her boyfriend are over at her house now, visiting with her and taking her starbucks?

...not so perfect end to the perfect evening?

...makes you really think?

..and there was NO substance abuse involved in either vehicle, so that is good?

...breaks my heart?

...things can change in the blink of an eye?

...so yeah?

...we're being extra huggy around here today?

...how many times has Mariah been the passenger in that car?

...and she's a GOOD driver, but being tboned on the passenger side...well, we're lucky there was no passenger sitting beside her?

...*shudder*

...breaks my heart?

...I love these girls as if they were my own?!

...and of all the kids at that dance, it had to happen to one of the select few that wasn't drinking or smoking pot?

...well, at least she's ok, and it will definitely make her more careful...hopefully it will make all of them more careful?

...(((hugs))) to you and yours?

...happy Sunday?  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 2:24pm
Regina would drive the heck out of those trucks. Love it!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 6:28am

Christol, I'll pass that along to Mariah.  She probably won't want to get rid of it anytime soon anyway, but now she'll definitely want to keep it for the wedding.  :smileywink:

Someone once said, "Thank God for Twilight!" ~ meaning it made old beat up trucks stylish.  I refrained from telling her she's wanted it since she was six, but whatevs.  :smileyhappy:  I'm sure it didn't hurt.  What amazes me even more is my my SISTER'S kid...same sister who lives off a golf course in a rather large abode...drives a red and white one just like Mariah's, and loves it too!!  And her's is a standard transmission, so it's even more impressive that she can drive it!  LOL.  I love that they love it, and stand out because of it.  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 9:29am
Missi the truck story made me misty. I guess because it kinda reminds me of Dylan driving my Dad's car. AND, max thought her truck was VERY cool:smileyhappy:. Good luck with your crazy days!
Photobucket