HOLY COW, it's MARCH....DYK???

iVillage Member
HOLY COW, it's MARCH....DYK???
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 9:44am

DYK...

...good morning, ladies??

...I simply cannot believe it is MARCH?!?!

...It's coming in like a lamb here?

...what about where you're at?

...we basically didn't have winter?

...it's still possible for us to get snow in March, but it's rare, and it won't last more than a day or two, if we do?

...so I'd say we're out of the woods?

...wow?

...Karol, I hope, for the girl's sake, it wasn't a connection to her?

...I mean, how awful for her to have to live with that?

...and that may be why it's so hush, hush?

...so as not to mess with the investigation and the guy get off on a technicality?

...but honestly, if I lived in the community, I'd take a little, tiny bit more peace of mind if it was?

...ok, that sounded WAY worse than I intended?

...you see...I get really, really twitchy thinking of random acts of violence?

...the kind no one has any control over?

...I choose to believe that being a totally random victim is rare...there's usually a connection, somewhere?

...that way I feel a *bit* more in control of my family's safety?

...make sense?

...still...super scary and terribly sad, no matter how you slice and dice it?

...Christol, you GO, and enjoy your cabin time?

...sounds awesome?!?!?!

...but be careful walking in the woods, girl?!?!

...ok?

...every momma needs a break, and girlie you need this?

...I'm a much better mom when I get breaks?

...Lauri, I'm glad your new assistant starts soon?

...I had a really, really bad dream last night?

...and you all know my history with dreams coming true?

...and typically I can tell the difference between the ones that have the possibility of coming true and the ones that don't?

...*shudder*

...like, I don't want to talk about it, but I need to get it off my chest?

...it was about my dad?

...and in my dream, I couldn't pull myself up off the floor because I was cry-heaving so bad?

...and I know the reality is, someday I will have to deal with such crushing grief?

...and I got a small glimpse of what some of you deal with, only you don't get to wake up from it?

...(((hugs)))

...I just can't shake it?

...and what's worse...his will was unsettled, so there was a huge dispute?

...NOT what I wanted to see, but very possible?

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 9:43am

DYK...

...Christol, I'm not exactly sure what it would take for the picture to immediately show up on the computer screen?

...I'm guessing not much?

...what I was considering was trying to figure out how to get it to pop up on my tablet?

...and dang about the confirmation photos...see?

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 10:19am
No help here on the murder mystery but it sounds fun. Maybe email Denice, she always has a ton of ideas for other stuff.

And, if the kids don't have school on Easter Monday, why the heck not? My kids would love to get out of the house after dinner with the family to hang with friends.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 9:43am

DYK

...super quick post?

...Missi, I looked it up and this is what you need to get photos from camera to computer instantly...1. Shooting tethered. Meaning, you connect your camera via the USB port to your PC, using a USB cable, then control the camera via the Canon EOS Utility software. I know this can be done with EOS 40D, should be available on 20D too.

2. Use Eye-fi. This is a SD card with WiFi capability embedded in it. Since your 20D uses CF cards, you'll need a SD to CF adapter. This device allows for automatic transfer of images to PC and/or photosites on the internet, pretty handy.

3. Go the Canon way. Canon has a wireless file transmitter WFT-E1a, but this is expensive and you need to setup a FTP server. Listed at US$1500, I think you're better off using something else. But the option is there if you'll like to stay within the Canon family, or if your company is paying for it anyway so who cares eh?

...Just in case you were wondering;)

...Kelley, sending a little extra love?

...Jabby's team beat the team that they shouldn't have with 23 seconds left on the clock (double bonus that it's a team that I'm not a fan of;)?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 10:00am

Missi,

Kaylee did a murder mystery for her birthday in August. We downloaded the actual story part from a webiste.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 10:34am

DYK...

...thanks for looking that up, Christol?

...you're so good?

...I'm not sure what a 20D is, but I'm guessing it would function just like my 7D, both being Canon?

...and it doesn't look all that involved?

...and my 7 uses CF cards, so that definitely looks like a viable option?

... :( about Jane and Gail?

...for some reason I saw the picture she put on facebook of her hair at the drain?

...I guess since you'd commented on it?

...anyway, made me just hurt in so many ways, to actually see it?

...I've always heard how horrible it is to wake up to hair on your pillow, or hair in the drain, but to actually see it?

...well, it made me a little sick to my stomach...like almost an out of body experience...I could FEEL that, as if it were me?

...many prayers and positive thoughts to them both?

...so, so sad?

...Ok, well Mariah is off to work, Natalie is still slumbering with her friend in the basement, and Owen is happy as a clam because it's a video day?

...lol?

...AAAAND he's going to my mom's tonight?

...so the first day of Spring break is looking pretty good?

...Mariah had 2 girls over last night, working on their Hunger Game's premier t-shirts?

...Natalie has a friend over for a sleep over?

...in all, 6 kids under my roof last night, and all I could think of was how blessed we are?

...I definitely love the controlled chaos that a house full of kids brings?

...my parents were both the same way, and now I see why they battle depression?

...which is why my mom is getting Owen after work today?

...she hasn't had him for 3 weekends now, and she said she feels herself slipping into a terrible funk?

...she's SEEN him, just hasn't had him overnight?

...she's worried about what she'll do when he gets old enough to be too busy for her like the 4 older kids?

...I told her my kids will NEVER be too busy for their Grandma?

...speaking of, my grandma is on the decline?

...still praying her departure from this life is as painless as possible?

...oh, and my dad has to see a urologist...looking at possible (early) prostate cancer?

...but it's highly treatable, and we're very optimistic?

...if the stubborn mule will actually do what the doctor tells him to?

...I was just talking to him about making knots this morning, and it struck me...I've always viewed my dad as a super hero type, but the reason behind that is...he can DO and FIX anything?!?!

...he's super intelligent and has always worked with his hands...I worry about nothing when he's around?

...and I thought, how I want my son to be a man like that...so I said, "Dad, you need to teach my kids how to tie different knots."?

...he agreed?

...he has so much to teach them...so much that I thought I was too girly or too busy for when I lived under his roof?

...I'd like to go back and kick my teenage self's arse for being so selfish and self-absorbed?

...ahh...?

...anyway, I've made peace with myself about that, and my dad never, ever made me feel guilty, but I see how he EATS it UP when my kids hang on every word when he's teaching them something, and I think man, I was stupid...I should have cherished him like my kids do now?

...but I do now, and I'm teaching my kids to, so I think it's balancing the scale?

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 10:35am

Oooh!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 10:59am

DYK..changed it to black for you Helen:)

...FB must have changed something because that's the second time I've commented on a photo and a "non" friend has commented to me?

...Gail's shaving party went well?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 5:24am
Hey Guys, can you do me a favour? Please don't use that green that Christol just used, or the blue that is similar!! I still don't have a computer & read on my iPhone, my 43yr old eyes are getting pretty bad now & I have a lot of trouble reading those colours!!!
Thanks xxx
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 11:08am

DYK

..we got the final numbers yesterday?

...$675,000 budget cut for our building?

...all our planning about a "new" way to teach next year for nothing?

...the district completely screwed us?

...they need a school to be cut in the next year or two and we have felt like they have been gunning for us?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 9:04am

DYK

...Karol, you *almost* got some visitors:)

...airfare to Charlotte is $110 for Saturday to Tuesday?

...I wish it was spring break, we'd be coming to say Hi because Claire SO wants to meet Lily and I'd love to hang out with you?

...I'll keep watching?

...that's only a couple hour drive right??

...could have popped in to see Kimberly too?

...it's going to be 74 today!?!?

Photobucket