HOLY COW, it's MARCH....DYK???

iVillage Member
HOLY COW, it's MARCH....DYK???
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 9:44am

DYK...

...good morning, ladies??

...I simply cannot believe it is MARCH?!?!

...It's coming in like a lamb here?

...what about where you're at?

...we basically didn't have winter?

...it's still possible for us to get snow in March, but it's rare, and it won't last more than a day or two, if we do?

...so I'd say we're out of the woods?

...wow?

...Karol, I hope, for the girl's sake, it wasn't a connection to her?

...I mean, how awful for her to have to live with that?

...and that may be why it's so hush, hush?

...so as not to mess with the investigation and the guy get off on a technicality?

...but honestly, if I lived in the community, I'd take a little, tiny bit more peace of mind if it was?

...ok, that sounded WAY worse than I intended?

...you see...I get really, really twitchy thinking of random acts of violence?

...the kind no one has any control over?

...I choose to believe that being a totally random victim is rare...there's usually a connection, somewhere?

...that way I feel a *bit* more in control of my family's safety?

...make sense?

...still...super scary and terribly sad, no matter how you slice and dice it?

...Christol, you GO, and enjoy your cabin time?

...sounds awesome?!?!?!

...but be careful walking in the woods, girl?!?!

...ok?

...every momma needs a break, and girlie you need this?

...I'm a much better mom when I get breaks?

...Lauri, I'm glad your new assistant starts soon?

...I had a really, really bad dream last night?

...and you all know my history with dreams coming true?

...and typically I can tell the difference between the ones that have the possibility of coming true and the ones that don't?

...*shudder*

...like, I don't want to talk about it, but I need to get it off my chest?

...it was about my dad?

...and in my dream, I couldn't pull myself up off the floor because I was cry-heaving so bad?

...and I know the reality is, someday I will have to deal with such crushing grief?

...and I got a small glimpse of what some of you deal with, only you don't get to wake up from it?

...(((hugs)))

...I just can't shake it?

...and what's worse...his will was unsettled, so there was a huge dispute?

...NOT what I wanted to see, but very possible?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 10:23am

DYK...

...Christol, I hear ya on the class?

...or, I WILL be hearing you, rather?

...speaking of grade worries, Mariah had a B in her Honors Econ class most of the semester, but girlie pulled it out and got an a to maintain her 4.0?

...I just checked her class rank and she is now #2, so the field is narrowing?

...and she's not in any weighted classes until next year, so I'm trying to figure out who number 1 is?

...I thought a 4.0 was a 4.0?

...but maybe someone is taking weighted classes this year?

...either way, I'm super proud of her?!?

...and she really struggled in Econ, which is totally my fault...I know the teacher, he's one of the track coaches, and he thinks highly of her, so I encouraged her to do it?

...stupid, I know??

...the non-honors course of SS wasn't anything exciting either, so she still may have struggled?

...who knows?

...but SHE did it?!?!?

...she's got 3 AP packets she needs to work on over spring break, and has yet to touch them?

...AHHHH?

...too busy being social?

...I'm going to RING her NECK if she's up until 2am Sunday night, getting them all done?

...she's starting to stress?

...but her AP chemistry will be with the same teacher that she has this year, so she's comfortable with that?

...her AP math ~ Trig (Can't say I EVER went that high in math, ever!) is what her current math teacher recommended, so she's OK there?

...and AP art, well, I think she's ok there too?

...I'm very worried about her taking 3 AP classes?

...but they're all college classes, so at the end of Jr. Year, she'll have several college credit hours?

...let's just hope her B.O.Y. activity kicking up doesn't distract her too much??

...ahhh???

...ok ladies, she's getting drive home by a friend today...please, please...prayers and positive thoughts??!?!?!

...I know I'm going to HAVE to let go of her riding with other 16 year olds, but I seriously couldn't sleep?

...pray she makes it home safely to me and that I don't have a nervous breakdown waiting for her?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 11:06am
Girl! Get on that plane and come see me. We are about 90 minutes north of Charlotte.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 1:16pm
I SO wish we could do it this weekend but it simply won't work. I'll keep my eyes peeled for anther weekend. Would be awesome if it happened over the summer:)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 1:21pm
Missi, Dylan has taken 3 AP courses the past two years. You have to pass the test in order to get the college credit. Last year he only passed 2 of the 3 but got As in the courses. From what our AP teachers have said, kids can still get the A, the test is separate and if tests "stress" them out, go into with the thought process that it's a "bonus" if they pass and it's not the end of the world if they don't, that was Dylan, he actually opted to not sit for one of the tests this year because he said he knew that he didn't know enough to pass, the tests are pretty hard as you can imagine. We've had more than a few kids end up with a break down because they put WAY to much pressure on themselves. Hopefully that will help keep the calm:)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 2:50pm

Hello, Strangers?

I've been reading, just little time to post?

Remember when I posted about being sick?

Well, I went to the doctor and was told she heard nothing in my lungs but gave me a prescription to fill "in a day or two if I wasn't any better"?

I was feeling better until Thursday night?

My cough was getting worse?

So on Friday I filled my prescription.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 5:32pm
Yikes Kelley! That's scary!! I hope the breathing treatments help! (((hugs)))
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 1:07pm

DYK...

...hey ladies!?!

...we survived our spring break?

...when is yours?

...busy, busy, busy...and we just stayed home?

...I pulled a total bone-headed move this morning, though...I was supposed to sub at Owen's preschool...they booked me before spring break, and my &&@^$ calendar notification didn't go off, so I forgot for the first hour?

...they needed me from 9-12, I called at 10, they said don't worry about it...several kids out, and she's got it under control?

...(2 teachers per room)

...I feel like an arse?

...I was SO afraid I'd do that, but once things are in my iphone calendar, it usually reminds me...I have NO idea why it didn't today?

...UGH?

...so, we had an interesting Spring break?

...Mariah has been talking to this guy at school...he started texting her over spring break, and they even hung out?

...after the second time they hung out (2 days in a row) he just stopped texting her?

...of course, she's not one to make a ton of effort, but I'm just heartbroken for her?

...I know she really liked this guy (she covers and says it's no big deal) and from her recaps on their time together he sounded like he was absolutely nothing but sweet with her?

...so anyway, I'm dying to know how it went at school today, and see if we can figure out what the heck happened?

...and I know guys are players and can be real jerks, but I just can't wrap my brain around someone doing that to Mariah?

...she's so...real, so genuine...she would never do that to anyone, and I just don't think it's fair?

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 2:09pm

DYK

...man, that's a long time to be sick Kelley?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 10:03am

DYK...

...well, I underestimated my girl?

...she seems to have a better grip on this whole situation than I do?

...I mean, she really, really likes him, but she's being very cautious?

...so, at this point she's all good?

...and they're still friends at school, and that's all she wanted?

...why do I worry so much?!?!

...still, I worry about her heart being shattered, but we all know...it's part of coming of age?

...anywhoo...?

...that's cool about Claire's team winning the jazz dance, but boo about it not being announced to the crowd?

...*scratches head*

...almost makes me wonder?

...I know, I know...I'm such a cynic?

...or jaded?

...people are just that...people.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 12:01pm

DYK

...I bet doctors hear often that someone said you weren't looking good and that's why you're there;)?

...on a serious note, I hope it's nothing that a little rest can't fix?

Photobucket