HOLY COW, it's MARCH....DYK???

iVillage Member
HOLY COW, it's MARCH....DYK???
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 9:44am

DYK...

...good morning, ladies??

...I simply cannot believe it is MARCH?!?!

...It's coming in like a lamb here?

...what about where you're at?

...we basically didn't have winter?

...it's still possible for us to get snow in March, but it's rare, and it won't last more than a day or two, if we do?

...so I'd say we're out of the woods?

...wow?

...Karol, I hope, for the girl's sake, it wasn't a connection to her?

...I mean, how awful for her to have to live with that?

...and that may be why it's so hush, hush?

...so as not to mess with the investigation and the guy get off on a technicality?

...but honestly, if I lived in the community, I'd take a little, tiny bit more peace of mind if it was?

...ok, that sounded WAY worse than I intended?

...you see...I get really, really twitchy thinking of random acts of violence?

...the kind no one has any control over?

...I choose to believe that being a totally random victim is rare...there's usually a connection, somewhere?

...that way I feel a *bit* more in control of my family's safety?

...make sense?

...still...super scary and terribly sad, no matter how you slice and dice it?

...Christol, you GO, and enjoy your cabin time?

...sounds awesome?!?!?!

...but be careful walking in the woods, girl?!?!

...ok?

...every momma needs a break, and girlie you need this?

...I'm a much better mom when I get breaks?

...Lauri, I'm glad your new assistant starts soon?

...I had a really, really bad dream last night?

...and you all know my history with dreams coming true?

...and typically I can tell the difference between the ones that have the possibility of coming true and the ones that don't?

...*shudder*

...like, I don't want to talk about it, but I need to get it off my chest?

...it was about my dad?

...and in my dream, I couldn't pull myself up off the floor because I was cry-heaving so bad?

...and I know the reality is, someday I will have to deal with such crushing grief?

...and I got a small glimpse of what some of you deal with, only you don't get to wake up from it?

...(((hugs)))

...I just can't shake it?

...and what's worse...his will was unsettled, so there was a huge dispute?

...NOT what I wanted to see, but very possible?

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 12:19pm
Sorry you're feeling sick, Christol! I'm wondering if there's not just something going around. That kind of describes how I feel, but mine is less intense sounding than what yours is. I just have a general malaise going on...and Mariah was the same last week (thought she might be anemic again) and Owen lounged around all afternoon yesterday...now *that* one made me scratch my head! LOL

And Claire sounds just like my three. Don't feel guilty...I would have snapped too. (((hugs)))

About the thyroid...my parents are both hypo ~ which is slow...they're sluggish and gained a lot of weight when it went off. I'm losing weight again...no appetite helps, lol...and I don't feel sluggish, per se...just generally...icky. ??

I don't know..it's worth a call. OY
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 1:51pm
Isn't there a diagnosis that you lose weight too? I seem to remember a teacher that worked here who was uber thin and that was why?

Anyway, hope you called?

I am SO bored? I'm waiting for all the budget decisions to be made and don't have a thing to do until they are? DRAG?!

I think I might go for a walk?

Max has confirmation tonight and I have to put the finishing touches on their superhero costumes for tomorrow? Max is going as Barnacle Boy from Spongebob~he got a friend to be the other guy, can't think of his name, Claire will be BatGirl, she needs a cape? Nothing terribly exciting;)

Max felt baseball try-outs were a waste of time? They know him so they don't really "watch" or "evaluate" him or the other kids that have played for years but they have to go through the motions?

Couldn't believe the size difference between the 14 year olds? It was crazy??

I entered Asian Chicken Soup in a recipe contest at work? $250 is the grand prize. I'll split it with the woman who made the original "beef" asian soup and gave me the recipe;) I think it's the only fair thing to do, right?

Justen thought I should do my tex mex burritos but I thought those had to many steps?

wait and see I guess?

think that's it for now?

talk to ya later ladies?

right, RIGHT..talk to you later because you're all gonna pop in and tell us something from your world? Why...cause I miss ya?!

Happy Hump Day:)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 7:55am
DID YOU KNOW??????
I hope you guys are feeling better
I'd call if I were you Missi
I'm thinking about seeing the dr too
My main client keeps asking me if I'm diabetic, I finally asked him why & he says my breath is sometimes 'fruity'!!!
Last blood test I came back borderline, but I've lost 15kg since then so I figured I would have improved my numbers!
I've changed what I eat so much, waaaaay less sugar & processed stuff
I guess I should go in
I have completely stalled on the weightloss
I've virtually stopped walking & have got really bored of the raw veggies
I'm not gaining, but just not losing anymore & I really want to lose another 15kg
I did so much better when I had the concert as a goal

Well, Addisons latest girlfriend has a baby!!
She's 17ish & the baby is 8months
I'm not so sure, with Addisons own issues that getting involved in all that is a good idea
This week he went with the girl, J, to legal aid as the baby's dad didn't return her after the weekend
A good thing though, is he reckons he's given up drugs to be a good role model for the baby!!
Although, yesterday he told me that the week has been really tough & he thinks he will only give up for a month!!
I told him I was proud of his efforts so far

Eloise is working hard at Easter Show practice
It's a circus theme this year & they have twirling ribbons
Eloise is outside a lot twirling away!!
We're getting very sick of where she is dancing the teachers are so hard to be around sometimes
They seem to think that being rude & nasty to the kids will make them work harder
A few of our friends have 'defected' to another studio & if these performing arts high schools don't work out we may just follow!!!

Work is crappy still, getting me incredibly stressed!!
But, I've taken 2 1/2 weeks off for the Easter Show & a few days after, so I'm counting down to that!!
14 sleeps!!!

Right, gotta go upstairs & see if my naughty girl has gone to sleep or if she's still on the iPod under the covers chatting with Miss Lily Foster & friends!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 8:57am

DYK

...I've never heard of fruity breath being a sign of a diabetic?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 10:01am

DYK...

...thought I'd pop in with a quickie?

...Gerad's cousin is here?

...he's got some event he's attending, and he stayed last night?

...this afternoon is Mariah's first track meet?

...it will determine if she makes varsity again?

...please pass along those famous vibes?

...she requested to be taken out of the 2 mile, so she's attempting the 800 and the mile...wish us luck?

...I'm so nervous?!?!?

...probably more than she is!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 11:17am
GOOD LUCK Mariah!! That is VERY odd that her friend can't ride the bus if she's on the team. That doesn't make any sense actually. Kayla had a broken foot and she was "required" to take the bus to and from, no exception. Not telling Claire of your midnight screening, she'd be GREEN!! Have fun!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 2:55pm
So cute that Eloise and Lily are chatting away. She loves to check in on her new Aussie friends

First thing before school she checks her messages. At that time, it's about 9:30 PM your time?

She's eager to try a Facetime chat with her. Maybe on the weekend?

Other May kiddos, they are using an app called Kick to chat (similar to messaging, Text Free, etc.)?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 8:33pm
Eloise keeps on about Facetiming too!!
But the times are just so hard, the weekend would be good.

She hasn't read the Hunger Games, but one of her besties has & has told her all about it & invited her to go with her on Sunday to see it
Wish I was going too, but I think I want to read it first
I just entered an Amazon comp to win it on Kindle, so, fingers crossed!!

Good Luck Mariah at XC!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 11:38am

DYK

...Claire read The Hunger Games last week in about 2 days?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 2:33pm

DYK...

...I'm wondering how many kiddos read the Hunger Games?

...Natalie also plowed through the entire series?

...which I was really happy about because she's not much of a reader?

...so for her to start, and finish a series in about a 10 day time frame...well, that's a first for her?

...I'm DRAGGING arse today?

...I'm getting too old for this 3 hours of sleep nonsense?

...I did get a 45 minute power nap today?

...oh, and Mariah was suspposed to have a track meet YESTERDAY but they rescheduled it for today, so she gets to run long distance on 3 hours of sleep?

...OY?

...not ideal?

...but midnight premiers are so fun?

...her best friend's mom went with us, and she and I had an absolute blast?!?

...we didn't get to sit with the girls, because 6 seats together was just more than we could find, but it was still a blast?

...we're a lot alike?

...how many mom's here have read it?

...you know...the thing I noticed about Hunger Games...I've done midnight premieres for New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn...and the crowd is this...young girls and mom groups?

...Hunger Games?

...lots of young men there last night?

...a pretty equal number, I'd say?

...I was shocked to hear my 13 year old nephew read them?

...and my friend took her 15 year old son to the midnight premier?

...so, anyway, I thought that was cool?

...I'm curious what Gerad thinks, having not read the books?

...yet?

...we've challenged him to read 40 pages in the first book...if he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to finish it?

...my guess is he'd be hooked too...if we can get him to read the first 40 pages?

...well, I've got to get a shower and get ready for Mariah's track meet?

...wish us luck...I'm hoping her 3 hours of sleep doesn't cost her varsity?