Late September DYKs???
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 1:27pm

How did your autumnal season begin???

What are your plans for the fall?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 10:44am

Christol, your FB photos looked like you had a fun weekend?

And, I loved the high school and college pictures. So fun to see?

Missi, I just couldn't get over the similarities of those pictures of you and Mariah! So cute?

How's Natalie doing wih the whole period thing?

Lauri, how are the boys doing with school and sports?

Marie, how is the job front going for you and Chance?

Carmen, how are Regina and Layla doing?

Love that Rhiannon is playing volleyball. Is she enjoying it?

Had a nice weekend?

Went to my nephew's football game on Saturday?

My sis, BIL, dad, and niece were all there. We loved hanging out together?

Found out that my nephew is having surgery on his knee on Thursday?

Hoping it will allow him to get out on the lacrosse field in the spring?

Sounds like it isn't likely that he'll be able to play again this season for football?

Got home Saturday night and headed to a neighbor's house for an outdoor movie viewing of Hunger Games?

About 30 minutes into it, the heavens opened and it started POURING!!!?

Kids all headed inside and we stayed for about an hour and headed home?

Sunday morning we hung out at home and then took Lily to volleyball in the afternoon?

Today the girls have an early release day?

So, they will be home about 2 hours early?

Think we might go do a little shopping after they get their homework done?

Then maybe dinner out?

We never eat out during the week. Every place is way too far away for a week night?

Wonder how many people eat dinner out during the school week?

Hope everyone is having a great Monday?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 12:08pm

DYK

...It was a fun weekend, had it's interesting moments but it's nice just getting out and doing grown up things?

...the "interesting" moments just involved our bar choice and the customers that hung there?  Wasn't our part of town and that particular part of town is very tight so they know you don't belong?  AND, it was a HUGE Karoke thing?  Not good Karoke I might add and I was expecting dancing?  Tina likes it over there, I really don't know why but we gave it a go for her?

...now I'll behave myself until Zombie Crawl in 2 weeks?

...I have to get my outfit together?

...I had said I would make it but now I'm just not feeling it?  I planned on going as a zombie baby this year?  Kind of bummed I can't find exactly what I have envisioned so....we'll see?

...I had to smile when I found that photo of the dresses I made?  We were poor college kids and got invited to a fancy party?  I made all of those dresses in 3 days for about $25 each?  The girl in the middle only needed about a yard of material because she is SO tiny?  I think the bow on her butt was about as much material I used to make the dress, lol?

...Karol, your weekends always sound so fun?  Hope your nephew's knee heals quickly?  Bummer on not being able to play football? 

...does he get a scholarship or just play for fun?

...Dylan is trying out for club hockey today, that's like the JV team in HS?  He would still travel?  I'm nervous for him?  He's a good player but well, you just don't know the competition and if he doesn't make it, he's going to be irritated with Tina and I for basically bullying him into it:smileywink:

...Max's clinics end tomorrow and try-outs begin this weekend?  He's got his mind set on the A team so keeping my fingers crossed?

...I've kind of run down the options and I "think" he should be good but you just never know what happens to kids over the summer?  You see a LOT of changes during these years?  Kids who could skate, suddenly can't or vice versa?

...better get back to work?

...Happy Monday?!?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 12:23pm
OH and forgot to say that we rarely eat at a restaurant on a weeknight. We're only eating out because we have no time so that involves fast food. I try to keep that to a minimum as well but tomorrow will be a typical exception. I get home at 4:15, he needs to be at a rink that is going to take 40 minutes in rush hour and needs to be there by 5:30. We'll be grabbing Subway on the way.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 12:30pm

Christol, my nephew has both an academic and an athletic scholarship to his college?

He was a little down about the knee situation but he knows this will help to ensure he'll be up and running for lacrosse?

The boy has had some serious leg/knee injuries in his 21 years?

Oh, and Claire looks so much like one of Lily's friends at school...both are cute and petite. Here's a photo of her friend. Shelly always sees pictures of Claire and says it looks like Lily's friend?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 4:46pm

DYK...

...Sounds like fun and maybe interesting (christol?) weekends for you two?

...ours was good?

...Mariah is KILLING it in XC this year?!?!

...that old "girls slow down by Junior year," thing is NOT holding true for her?

...I was worried about the 5lbs, but it might actually be helping her?

...she ran the toughest course they run, last Saturday, and she pr'd (for that course, not overall) by 20 seconds?!?

...that is huge?

...her boyfriend is the top runner for the boys' varsity?

...I think that lights a little healthy competition in her?  :smileywink:

...and one of the sophomore girls told her that it was her goal to beat her...also firing her up?

...whatever the cause, it's been fun to watch her really settle into a confident runner?

...one of the xc girls put on that their varsity team is ranked #9 in the state?

...I haven't looked it up to confirm, but they've won every meet so far (with the exception of this past meet, which is not only our state, but surrounding states as well...it's HUGE!!), so it wouldn't surprise me?

...for some reason I was thinking our boys are ranked 7th, but maybe not?

...anyway, super cool season?

...Natalie had her meet during the week, so we didn't have to split up?

...Owen had football?

...that is an utter and complete waste of time?

...he's on a competative team, and he's not competative, so he doesn't even touch the ball?

...they don't rotate positions, so he's not even fully experiencing the game?

...I think I've finally convinced Gerad he needs to play soccer?

...we shall see?

...he will NEVER be big enough to play football?

...he'll just get hurt?

...it's just flag football for now, but they still shove each other down?

...whaaat??!?!

...maybe I'm just not cut out for this boy activities stuff?

...so our weekend was eat, breathing and sleeping our kids' schedules?

...fun, huh?

...crap is hitting the fan at our church?

...I'm not sure after this last wave of families leave, if we'll even still have a church?

... :smileysad:

...ahh...?

...well, I'm seriously needing to find Mariah a chemistry tutor?

...she's in 2nd year college level Chemistry and she's struggling?

...she's got a B in the class right now, but she is stressed?

...I took it in college, and I struggled too?

...any ideas how to find a tutor?

...either that or I'm going to have to reteach myself some college chemistry?

...ugh?

...that will NOT be the best option?

...ok, well I'd best get to emailing the school to see if they can point me in the direction of the tutors?

...wish me luck?

...happy monday, ladies??

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 6:05pm
Missi, for the Chemistry tutor, I was going to suggest checking with the school counselors. Also, you might check with any local colleges that could point you in the direction of a college tutor.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 7:58pm
They do look alike, funny:smileywink:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 7:59pm

Missi, I was going to suggest the same thing as Karol for a tutor.  There were signs all over Dylan's campus of people for hire.  Good luck.

Awesome about Mariah killing it in XC!!??  I'm totally NOT surprised?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 9:42pm
Missi, Cole is typically the smallest player on the football field & yet he is almost always in on every tackle. Noah on the other hand is one of the biggest & is hardly ever on the ground, lol.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 8:21am

DYK...

...emailed her teacher?

...also called the community college that the college now course is through?

...found out they have a science and a math resource center, but was told high school students couldn't use it?

...I kept my cool, but kept pushing?

...I said that she's a high school student, yes, but she's taking a college now course, through THEIR college...we paid FULL tuition, how could she not qualify?

...put me on hold?

...come back, turns out she DOES qualify as a student of their college...so basically she just has to go get a college ID card, go in to the resource center to do her homework...if she has a question, she raises her hand, and one of the on-site tutors will come help her?

...for free?!?!

...I hope it works?

...otherwise I'm not sure what to do?

...she's ranked #2 in her class...4.0 gpa...do I really want her to trash her GPA/class rank for the purpose of gaining college credits?

...at this point, I don't even know if I COULD drop the class...ugh?

...anyway, I'll check on my options, but was thrilled with the resource center option?

...she was crying last night, why couldn't she just take NORMAL math and and NORMAL science?

...then I reminded her that she's been on the AP path since 6th grade, and her face fell...I don't know where to put her if not in these classes?

...argh??

...oh, and Owen has a little girlfriend/admirer??

...she embarasses him because she hugs him all the time?

...she told him she wanted to be his girlfriend (KINDERGARTEN!!??!!) and he said he just pretended not to hear or understand her?

...lmao?

...OMG, that kid kills me?

...so there's your smile for the day?

...I'd best go light the fire under Natalie and get some stuff done?

...Mariah asked last night, if the host mom for the XC sleepover (30ish girls) flaked out, could we host?

...so yeah, I've got some preparations to make, just in case?

...chanelling my inner Christol, here?

...actually, I don't mind hosting teenage girls...I don't like hosting middle school girls?

...Natalie understands why she can't have more than one girl over...it was Mariah's rule in middle school too, but I still feel bad?

...Natalie is aversed to drama, like me, but still?

...Kelley, I had to smile at the image of Cole being the smallest player, but still in on almost every tackle?

...I think Owen would be more like Noah...only the smallest on the team too?

...yeah?

...football scares me?

...but keep telling me about your boys, and maybe I'll get over it?

... :smileywink:

Pages