Mid November DYKs

iVillage Member
Mid November DYKs
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 3:04pm

Ok, ladies, let's see if we can get this board back on track and hoppin'!  What are your thanksgiving plans?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 1:32pm

DYK...

...well, whaddya know, I'm on?

...still can't tell if it it marks new or unread posts...I guess we'll see!!?

...so nice to walk through a brand new, active DYK thread??

...I've missed it!!?

...Karol, your laundry post on your blog has me all enthusastic to try some new products?

...I get unnaturally excited about laundry products?

...my favorite still remains the vanilla lavendar Downy, though I rarely use it?

...I think the purple downy scent things you posted about might smell like it?

...I'll have to give it a shot?

...Christol, I hear ya on the girl not breaking your baby's heart?

...she better NOT?

...I've been editing, pretty much?

...yep, that's it?

...ugh...so over busy season?

...just booked 2 possible extra sessions?

...yowza?

...not much else new on our front?

...Nat is doing well in basketball, considering she has NO experience and the coach benches her until 4th quarter?

...ugh?

...but when she does play, she plays really well?

...her defense is really good...gets the offensive player to foul her, she's so tight?

...lol?

...it's pretty funny...my girlie girl, out there playing hard?

...Mariah is enjoying her down time between seasons?

...she baked white chocolate macadamia nut cookies for her boyfriend last night, for their two month? Surprised

...lol?

...I gave her locker combo to her friend to give to him for her surprise?

...ironically enough, Mariah's not so much in to the whole "gift-giving" thing?

...she's SO not a "things" girl?

...lol?

...I think it's good for her?

...she shadowed my friend in the ER?

...passed out watching her stitch someone's hand?

...LOL?

...she came to, and promptly passed out a second time??

...they wheeled her in front of a fan, in a wheel chair and gave her sprite and crackers?

...she was MORTIFIED, but everyone was cool about it?

...they told her they ALL did it the first time?

...and after that she was fine?

...even saw a thumb amputation and a skin graft done?

...so I think she'll be ok still going in to medicine?

...I wanted to make sure, though, as Gerad is a BIG time fainter?

...I'd hate for her to go through all that school to not be able to do it?

...LOL?

...ok, my little lunch break is over, it's back to work I go?

...from the seat I sit in currently?

...LOL?

...happy hump day, ladies??  :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 10:40am

Good Gravy as ya'll would say on trying to get here?

Luckily I bookmarked it at work yesterday in Google because we didn't exist in Explorer today?

I'm guessing at least one person has lost their job over this mess?

Karol, you guys have certainly been the social busy bees, how FUN?!

DC sounds like a fun weekend too?

Did I read that your nephew was going into the military?  It's kind of a blur now but I thought I read it and was going to comment and lost track of my thought?  Which nephew??

Speaking of nephews, I don't remember if I told you that Dylan always has a brunette in one photo and a blonde in the next, sometimes together or group photos, one on each side?  Well, the blond won?  Her name is Brittany and she is from a suburb about 15 minutes from his house?  She lives on his dorm floor?

He came home on Thursday to have Lasik and she came home Friday?  He spent the entire weekend with her and they drove home together?

She looks like a nice girl?  She better not break my babies heart?

Oops, gotta scoot?  Been crazy at work?

Happy Wednesday?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 10:38am

Good Gravy as ya'll would say on trying to get here?

Luckily I bookmarked it at work yesterday in Google because we didn't exist in Explorer today?

I'm guessing at least one person has lost their job over this mess?

Karol, you guys have certainly been the social busy bees, how FUN?!

DC sounds like a fun weekend too?

Did I read that your nephew was going into the military?  It's kind of a blur now but I thought I read it and was going to comment and lost track of my thought?  Which nephew??

Speaking of nephews, I don't remember if I told you that Dylan always has a brunette in one photo and a blonde in the next, sometimes together or group photos, one on each side?  Well, the blond won?  Her name is Brittany and she is from a suburb about 15 minutes from his house?  She lives on his dorm floor?

He came home on Thursday to have Lasik and she came home Friday?  He spent the entire weekend with her and they drove home together?

She looks like a nice girl?  She better not break my babies heart?

Oops, gotta scoot?  Been crazy at work?

Happy Wednesday?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 10:46am

So funny...when I attempted to post here, it took me three tries and I also got the unauthorized message.

Christol, that pizza Thanksgiving sounds awesome?

The girls had a three day weekend and it was so nice to have some down time?

Lily went to a friend’s sleepover birthday party on Friday night while Shelly had a friend sleep over at our house?

We had a fire in the fire pit Friday night and made some s'mores?

Saturday we hung out and relaxed, played games, and did some cleaning?

Sunday the girls and I shopped, had lunch at Panera’s, and came home to watch football with John?

Yesterday we played more board games and went to a cheerleading awards party last night?

This week isn’t overly busy, yet! Thankful for that?

This weekend Shelly has two birthday parties on Saturday and Lily has a volleyball clinic on Saturday morning?

They go to school next Monday and Tuesday and no school Wednesday – Friday?

We’ll be heading to VB for Thanksgiving?

Can’t wait to see our family! We haven’t been to VB since July. I am missing my “home”?

December is filling up with fun?

The girls and I are going with four other moms/girls families to shop in DC the first weekend in December?

Then Lily and Shelly are going with John and his friend for a motorcycle toy drive to the children’s hospital the following weekend in December?

So, we are gearing up for all things holiday! Excited for that?

Hope everyone is doing well, is able to post, and has a wonderful week?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 8:51am

It appears to be working!?!??!

YAY!!!!

Max has a tournament that starts on Wednesday night but we have Thursday off and it's local, only a 30 minute drive?

My Thanksgiving is what it always is?  Start at church since Claire is down on services, everyone coming to my house, the usual stuff on the table, might try something funky with desserts but haven't decided for sure, making gingerbread houses after dinner, go through black Friday ads so my sisters can plan their attack and I hit the sack early;)?

I need a new cushy thing for the top of my mattress?  Mine is probably 8 years old and it's had it?  I threw it out this weekend when I washed the sheets?  Guess I should have waited until I had a new one because my hips hurt a bit this morning?

I got that one at a black Friday sale so I'm crossing my fingers they have them again?  My sisters won't pick anything that large up, so I'll have to brave it?

My Mom and I are working concessions from 3-6 on Friday to get half of my volunteer hours done?  Max has a late game and another late game on Saturday?

Better get to work?  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 8:39am

How nice that you could make a roast instead of a turkey Christine.  We typically make two meats but a turkey is a MUST or people would freak.

I remember once when I was in HS, we did build your own pizzas on Thanksgiving because we had a big dinner the previous Sunday?  I absolutely LOVED it, but it didn't catch on;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 8:37am

OMG..I think I am actually posting after being told repeatedly that I wasn't authorized!!

Such a shame that iVilliage did such a poor job of the conversion.

I hope we can get this running again.

Did you notice that we are the top older playgroup?

But we all knew we were fabulous;)

I am going to shut this one down just in case it blows up!

Back soon!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 8:09pm
Well, of course or Canadian Thanksgiving is over. It was very nice. We had lovely weather and did some yard work and the kids had some cadet band practices. I made a roast instead of a turkey. Thats all I can think of right now.

Sandra

Mom of Moira, Sarah &

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 5:46pm

This is the first time I've been on the board in seemingly FOREVER, possibly years... it took me 3 tries hitting "reply" to Karol's message (the first time, it said that I wasn't authorized to post comments) to get it to give me this message box to type in. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 5:01pm

DYK...

I got the not authorized to post comment message too but then Karol's original message came up and I just hit reply a second time and it worked.

Hope everyone else can get it to work also!!!

Photobucket